What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CFB Predictions/Gambling Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Figured I should kick this off since people have started placing futures bets.

I put a little action on CU to make the playoffs and smaller action on our Buffs to win the natty.

Trying to decide how heavy to bet the Over on 5.5 wins. There must be a ton of action that way because it's set at -145. So not a great payout for something that wouldn't cash until December. But it feels like free money.

I’ve made a ton early season bets. Besides betting the farm on CU over 5.5 wins @ -115, I‘ve also taken:
  • CU +3500 to win the Big 12
  • CU +1400 to make the playoff
  • CU -8 against NDSU
  • CU +6.5 against Nebraska
  • Nebraska under 7.5 wins
  • Arizona under 8 wins

Draftkings has CU rushing o/u for the season at 832 and sacks at 28. I may take the over on rushing and the under on sacks.

89% of the betting for the NDSU game has been for CU.

Draftkings has CU rushing o/u for the season at 832 and sacks at 28. I may take the over on rushing and the under on sacks.

800?!?!? That is crazy, we had 827 last year with 52 sacks. Easy money.

How do you find those bets? I went to Colorado futures and I don’t see them.

Figured I should kick this off since people have started placing futures bets.

I put a little action on CU to make the playoffs and smaller action on our Buffs to win the natty.

Trying to decide how heavy to bet the Over on 5.5 wins. There must be a ton of action that way because it's set at -145. So not a great payout for something that wouldn't cash until December. But it feels like free money.
Found over 6.5 wins at +185 on DraftKings Alt Win Totals.

I think Oklahoma NCst Syracuse all surprise

My ultimate sleeper is Mike Mac getting FIU to believe in something this year.

Syracuse is a good one and I'd add Rutgers. One thing to pay close attention to is with these larger conferences some teams can end up with favorable schedules.

I think Oklahoma State, Tennessee, VT and SMU are also good bets, in that order

OK let's hear those CFP predictions! The discussion surrounding the selections for the at-large teams is gonna be so much fun and there's gonna be far more controversy and debate than we saw with the 4-team playoff.

Top 4 seeds:
-----------------
B1G: tOSU
SEC: Alabama
ACC: Clemson
Big 12: Oklahoma State

G5 qualifier: Boise

At large teams:
--------------------
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Penn State
Oregon
Miami
Notre Dame

I have a few playoff parlays.

Make personal favorites are:

Colorado (big 12)
Ohio State (B1G)
Florida state (at large)
Syracuse (ACC)
OSU/WSU(pac-2 winner)

+4,427,000 (for Oregon state parlay)
+8,654,000 (for Washington state)

$10 pays $400k and $800k

Conference champs in no particular order:
Utah
tOSU
Ole Miss
Miami

At large in no particular order:
Alabama
Texas
Georgia
Oregon
Notre Dame (**** off)
CU
Liberty (as 5th highest conference champion)
FSU

Conference champs in no particular order:
Utah
tOSU
Ole Miss
Miami

At large in no particular order:
Alabama
Texas
Georgia
Oregon
Notre Dame (**** off)
CU
Liberty (as 5th highest conference champion)
FSU
Conference Champs with Byes:
Utah
Georgia
tOSU
FSU

At large/Champs playing in the first round
Penn State
Alabama
Texas
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Michigan
Liberty (5th conference champ)

CU: 8-4 with a Sun Bowl type W.

Win total bets
Small on AFA over-I think they get to 8 wins, and most books have them at 6.5/7.
CU over 5.5-If the OL gives up 25-30 sacks instead of the 50+ we saw last year, this team wins 8 games.
Nubs under 7-hit their under like several years in a row. I see no reason not to try again in 2024.
Oregon under 10.5-feels too high to me. They play OSU at home mid-October and then have to make trips to Michigan and Wisconsin back to back weeks in late November.

OK let's hear those CFP predictions! The discussion surrounding the selections for the at-large teams is gonna be so much fun and there's gonna be far more controversy and debate than we saw with the 4-team playoff.

Top 4 seeds:
-----------------

At large teams:
--------------------
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Penn State
Oregon
Miami
Notre Dame
I would like to know what the selection protocol specifies before speculating.

Top 4 seeds:
-----------------

At large teams:
--------------------
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Penn State
Oregon
Miami
Notre Dame
B1G = tOSU
XII = Utah
SEC = Georgia
ACC = Florida State
5th CC = Liberty
At large:
Ole Miss
Texas
Oregon
Penn State
LSU
Louisville
Kansas State

Just locked in these to make the playoffs.

Texas
ND
Colorado
NcState
@ +20,880

Colorado
Utah
UTSA
@ +68,000

Colorado
Utah
Tulane
@ +53,000

I see the stats. Were you able to be on them? I can’t.
A couple posts later, I realized that was just info from last year. Sorry about that!

All I know is CFB better hurry the fvck up because this is what I have going today: 3 team parlay CFR Cluj, FC Pyunik, Athletic Bilbao AND 3 team parlay Ajax, IF Elsborg, Maccabi Tel Aviv.

:cautious:😬
jersey shore degenerate GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Back