What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • Site will be unavailable from 10:00PM-12:00AM MDT tonight (9/4) for maintenance.

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Read the Buffzone article posted today. WR looks loaded. Louis Passarello medically retired. TE will be unknown, Hart may be the front-runner. It will be interesting to see how Shurmer/Buffs use the position.

Aren't they rolling with 7 WR's, LG, C, RG and QB. Spread offense

Anything is possible. Definitely, multi-WR sets. In running downs/short yardage they may just add a lineman--like they did some last season. They could run some pistol or maybe utilize an H-back set of sorts--I heard rumblings of Pearson being a guy for a H-Back type of position. Smalls is bigger but has great ball skills (was an WR in HS) and might be able to run that. Also, perhaps Walter Taylor 6'5" 235 gets a role, in his Vandy highlights he runs hard. He has been slotted the 3rd string QB, and I imagine they had something in mind with his transfer rather than QB1 once Shedeur leaves.

Was that ever anyone’s assertion around that post, or was it just pointing out the physical strides he’s made this offseason?
I said I’d wait, that’s all. Maybe it translates to a bigger, faster receiver who can get off the line and get open. I’ll look forward to seeing his contributions.

Last edited:
Anything is possible. Definitely, multi-WR sets. In running downs/short yardage they may just add a lineman--like they did some last season. They could run some pistol or maybe utilize an H-back set of sorts--I heard rumblings of Pearson being a guy for a H-Back type of position. Smalls is bigger but has great ball skills (was an WR in HS) and might be able to run that. Also, perhaps Walter Taylor 6'5" 235 gets a role, in his Vandy highlights he runs hard. He has been slotted the 3rd string QB, and I imagine they had something in mind with his transfer rather than QB1 once Shedeur leaves.
Walter Taylor will never see the field as QB1 or even QB2 at CU.

I really cannot wait for football to start (both college and pro). Have to study up on the Buffs as we have so many new guys. A lot different from the old days when you usually had a handful of new starters.

I know this might not be the best way to evaluate how CU could do this season but when playing the Buffs in CFB 25, the transfer RB from Ohio State was good in the passing game and okay in the running game (just like his Ohio State videos showed) and Shepherd from Vandy seemed to be a WR you would throw in clutch situations. Wester did underperform but that might be more to me letting the CPU decide the roster.

Back