What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 NCAA tournament general games thread

Alright, I'm tailing the betting strategy of RK (and plenty of others), of betting the same amount on every underdog ML. Supposedly, the last two years betting $100 on every underdog ML netted a profit of ~$2k. We'll see how it goes this year
The historic bet was to put the same money on all four 12 seeds. It's a rare occurrence for all four to lose (<15% of the time), and if only one advances you come out ahead. In 2013, 14 and 19, three 12 seeds advanced and the bet paid off bigly.

Mississippi State absolutely doesn’t belong in this tournament let alone as an 8 seed.

Mississippi State absolutely doesn’t belong in this tournament let alone as an 8 seed.
It was surprising to me that the committee favored the SEC and B1G bubble teams over the Big East bubble teams to the extent it did. Selection is one thing, though, but on seeding they got a lot of 8 & 9 seeds which I don't think are as good as the 10 & 11 seeds.

It was surprising to me that the committee favored the SEC and B1G bubble teams over the Big East bubble teams to the extent it did. Selection is one thing, though, but on seeding they got a lot of 8 & 9 seeds which I don't think are as good as the 10 & 11 seeds.

Case in point.

1711040883245.png

Those seeds are about right, the Gamecocks are deserving of a 6 seed and Oregon needed to win the Pac12 tournament to get in

"Deserving" is an odd word in sports. I get that some teams' records get them into the dance, even if they've fallen apart late in the season. But the seeding should be done by the expected performance of the teams on the day they are chosen.

Michigan St is going to give North Carolina all sorts of problems. At their best, they're a final 4 contender, as was expected at the beginning of the year. They also have some very low lows though.

"Deserving" is an odd word in sports. I get that some teams' records get them into the dance, even if they've fallen apart late in the season. But the seeding should be done by the expected performance of the teams on the day they are chosen.

Huh? The teams are chosen and seeded based what they've done during the season not on expectations in the tournament

Michigan St is going to give North Carolina all sorts of problems. At their best, they're a final 4 contender, as was expected at the beginning of the year. They also have some very low lows though.

I picked them to beat UNC on Saturday. Although my pick may be based on some personal bias lol

I picked them to beat UNC on Saturday. Although my pick may be based on some personal bias lol
If you can hang with Bacot on the glass & have guys who can make things difficult for RJ, I don't think UNC has much in terms of other ways to beat you.

Edit: But not only was UNC a questionable 1-seed, they got very favorable treatment by getting to play in Charlotte.

Last edited:
Edit: But not only was UNC a questionable 1-seed, they got very favorable treatment by getting to play in Charlotte.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

I wondered if they were calling less fouls this tourney. Checking, I don't think so. I thought this was interesting.

Wagner has both bigs with 3 fouls each, 8 minutes left in the 1st.

Does not bode well

Back