What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Official Spring Game Thread (1 MT)

I'd say Wade outperformed Staub today.

But we really need to step up in the running game big time. Wade & Taylor III should be good in that regard but we still need RBs. The guy from Ohio State and the other from Miami OH should be good for the running game.

A bigger question is what will Coach Prime's Buffs football look like in 2025?
I would actually agree with you on Wade, he is a good backup at this point, but with a pretty low ceiling
I just feel like Staub will be in the portal and on his way to SDSU by Tuesday

What I loved about today:

1. The defense looked far more organized.
2. Shedeur was releasing the ball when nothing was available.
3. The OL is much more physically imposing.

What I hated:

1. Rain
2. Backup QB situation is still scary AF.
3. Cold
Hoping the backup QBs are better than what we saw.

Considering they had a thin (for spring) OL2 & no RBs trying to go against our D1s, they were in a position where they should fail.

I would actually agree with you on Wade, he is a good backup at this point, but with a pretty low ceiling
I just feel like Staub will be in the portal and on his way to SDSU by Tuesday

Danny O’Neil, who was committed to CU until the OC change did take part in SDSU’s spring practices and also AJ Duffy who was once offered by CU and transferred from Florida State. They have another QB who played five games in ‘22 but missed last season due to a broken collarbone.

If Staub wanted to be at SDSU, he would have left by now. But why leave when he could be the starter in 2025?

Hard to really tell much on TV. Saw some good individual plays but without live tackling and game action it's hard to get any real idea of what we are looking at.

It did look more organized than last year with fewer giant talent gaps.

Also looked like Prime was doing much better on his foot. More mobility, more standing, not spending the day on a stool.

I'd say Wade outperformed Staub today.

But we really need to step up in the running game big time. Wade & Taylor III should be good in that regard but we still need RBs. The guy from Ohio State and the other from Miami OH should be good for the running game.

A bigger question is what will Coach Prime's Buffs football look like in 2025?
Staub is easily the back up.

I stood outside on the north end zone touchdown terrace for all the scrimmage action. If my lotto numbers ever hit I will get a spot there. Great view and I can watch the line play. Overall was a great experience and I’m glad I flew out. With the Buffs coming to Orlando this fall I won’t be out for a home game.

We got in our seats about 12:25 MT and it wasn’t a very big crowd yet. I was disappointed that Brian Howell posted a picture of the stadium right around then on Twitter and never posted a follow up because the stadium really filled in nicely by 12:55. Of course his picture is making the rounds.

Maybe I’m just being silly but before the game, Coach Prime thanked everyone for coming out and he paused a couple times and really seemed to take it all in and felt genuinely touched that so many made it out for the game.

Also think it’s cool that the Sanfords still love the program.

We got in our seats about 12:25 MT and it wasn’t a very big crowd yet. I was disappointed that Brian Howell posted a picture of the stadium right around then on Twitter and never posted a follow up because the stadium really filled in nicely by 12:55. Of course his picture is making the rounds.

Maybe I’m just being silly but before the game, Coach Prime thanked everyone for coming out and he paused a couple times and really seemed to take it all in and felt genuinely touched that so many made it out for the game.

Also think it’s cool that the Sanfords still love the program.

I understand any CU fan who doesn't have fond feelings toward the 2022 season or Sanford's performance as OC or interim HC. But there's something wrong with you if you dislike the Sanfords. Some of the best people in the coaching fraternity.

Anyone see Chidozie Nwankwo?
He was definitely in “street clothes.” Had his jersey on but out of pads. Saw him in some clips this week so I don’t think anything serious, probably just being cautious. There were several players like that yesterday.

Edit: he was jumping around on the sideline and dancing whenever music was playing lol.

Last edited:
I stood outside on the north end zone touchdown terrace for all the scrimmage action. If my lotto numbers ever hit I will get a spot there. Great view and I can watch the line play. Overall was a great experience and I’m glad I flew out. With the Buffs coming to Orlando this fall I won’t be out for a home game.
Apparently they 'unretired' Romig's number (67). My guess is they asked him and he was happy with it. Do you know?.

Yes, they mentioned that at the brunch when they introduced him. There were alumni players there going back to the 1950s. I saw some teammates I haven’t seen since reunion in 2010.
The glory is returning.

Yes, they mentioned that at the brunch when they introduced him. There were alumni players there going back to the 1950s. I saw some teammates I haven’t seen since reunion in 2010.
The Whizzer White’s 24 is worn by Preston Hodge as well

Watched the Youtube video of the spring game...seems like our QBs are:

1. Sanders.
2. Staub.
3. Wade.
4. Taylor III.

Taylor III is too raw in the passing game but he could be good in the running game. I think Wade could overtake Staub in fall camp and Wade can run as well. I'm not sure we have the 2025 starting QB on the team at this point.
My son (former QB) and I both felt the same way. Staub could run this team successfully (as we've seen) if he had to. Wade looked calm and control, threw a decent ball. Taylor was a mess. I expect he may be gone sooner rather than later.

Back up is bad shape
If Staub stays instead of portalling out to say SDSU, it will be reasonable, but otherwise only Wade made me semi-confident at all
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Wade was playing against the 3s. Staub was playing against the 1s. Wade looked better than Taylor, but in no way, shape or form could he run this team successfully if he had to.

Just for now. Not sure if he will hold on to the job once the season starts.
Stop It Roe V Wade GIF by GIPHY News

Back