What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Official Spring Game Thread (1 MT)

That was definitely miserable, last year might have technically been colder but it was much more manageable. It just kept down pouring. I was honestly impressed with the crowd, people just kept filing in. Maybe it’s recency bias but I don’t remember a spring game with anywhere close to that in attendance besides last year.

Biggest takeaway for me is that we have walk-ons who would have been all over the 2 deep in previous years, and a couple I wouldn’t have minded.

CBs just have really good technique - not that it’s a surprise.

I remember seeing Air Force in person and thinking “oh that’s what big P5 lines look like” and now we look like that all the way down to the 3rd strings.

Please get some TEs here in the fall.

That was definitely miserable, last year might have technically been colder but it was much more manageable. It just kept down pouring. I was honestly impressed with the crowd, people just kept filing in. Maybe it’s recency bias but I don’t remember a spring game with anywhere close to that in attendance besides last year.

Biggest takeaway for me is that we have walk-ons who would have been all over the 2 deep in previous years, and a couple I wouldn’t have minded.

I remember seeing Air Force in person and thinking “oh that’s what big P5 lines look like” and now we look like that all the way down to the 3rd strings.

How'd Smalls look?

Did Preston Hodge look as good in person as he did on TV? He is so fluid and is stuck on the receiver like glue

How'd Smalls look?
He had a first down grab I believe. He looked ginormous (in a good way) in part because the other #13 is Mathis lol. Didn’t seem he ever ran with the 1s though but I might be mistaken on that.

But yeah Hodge and McKinney both impressed me. And Coach Prime’s favorite 36 Mafia kept making plays.

Also was nice to see that Shedeur rollout where extended blocks helped him throw a strike downfield. Had some give up in games at times last year.

Both the O-line and D-line looked really, really big. Carter and Barnes on D.

I watched Seaton when he was in. His hands are lightning fast and he moves his feet quickly too.

Seaton got burned the first two snaps out there but after that he looked fine. I do think they were getting more pressure/push against the o line than I would hope considering it was the 2’s on the d line. Not super impressed with the o line tbh

Watched the Youtube video of the spring game...seems like our QBs are:

1. Sanders.
2. Staub.
3. Wade.
4. Taylor III.

Taylor III is too raw in the passing game but he could be good in the running game. I think Wade could overtake Staub in fall camp and Wade can run as well. I'm not sure we have the 2025 starting QB on the team at this point.

Watched the Youtube video of the spring game...seems like our QBs are:

1. Sanders.
2. Staub.
3. Wade.
4. Taylor III.

Taylor III is too raw in the passing game but he could be good in the running game. I think Wade could overtake Staub in fall camp and Wade can run as well. I'm not sure we have the 2025 starting QB on the team at this point.
Back up is bad shape
If Staub stays instead of portalling out to say SDSU, it will be reasonable, but otherwise only Wade made me semi-confident at all

Back up is bad shape
If Staub stays instead of portalling out to say SDSU, it will be reasonable, but otherwise only Wade made me semi-confident at all

I'd say Wade outperformed Staub today.

But we really need to step up in the running game big time. Wade & Taylor III should be good in that regard but we still need RBs. The guy from Ohio State and the other from Miami OH should be good for the running game.

A bigger question is what will Coach Prime's Buffs football look like in 2025?

Back