What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Everything I read says it's going to be a very busy portal year on top of a very busy recruiting flip year.
Colorado will again have the #1 ranked transfer class.

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

We are going to have incoming and outgoing portal guys. Not unexpected; it’s the new world of college football. Hopefully we end up on the plus side of things and I’m guessing that we probably will.

And as much as we rip the OL, and rightly so, the CU defense is bad and needs immediate portal help. Good news is that D Line is obviously much easier to plug and play.

Last edited:
Ready for a big offseason, but first, a W tonight.

Connor and Roc and the JUCO transfer are good starts for the OL next year. It’s going to be interesting. Can’t discount our massive OTs and what they can continue to develop into.

D-Line was far too lightweight from the get go. You have to have a Wilfork or Ted Washington type 345 lb NT to move the middle of the line. Josh Tupou was the best we’ve seen here in 10 years. Mel T went after size day 1 and Prime needs to do the same ahead of year 2.

We are going to have incoming and outgoing portal guys. Not unexpected; it’s the new world of college football.
The motivated reasoning and hot takes in this thread are going to be delightfully hilarious and exhausting.

The doubters and haters will point to every decent transfer out as evidence that Coach Prime is all the worst parts of Dorrell, Hawkins, and Embree rolled into one; the true believers will point to every transfer in as a significant step towards becoming a surefire CFP team.

The motivated reasoning and hot takes in this thread are going to be delightfully hilarious and exhausting.

The doubters and haters will point to every decent transfer out as evidence that Coach Prime is all the worst parts of Dorrell, Hawkins, and Embree rolled into one; the true believers will point to every transfer in as a significant step towards becoming a surefire CFP team.
When we started 3-0, I thought we had a chance at the 12 team CFP as soon as next year.

Now I believe this rebuild won’t be much different than any other taking a few years to get to competitive with top teams.

When we started 3-0, I thought we had a chance at the 12 team CFP as soon as next year.

Now I believe this rebuild won’t be much different than any other taking a few years to get to competitive with top teams.
Until we see how recruiting shapes up, it's pointless to really say anything. We all know the portal was going to be what was critical regardless if we won 2 games or 10 games.

The portal is where we literally got all of our studs. No one we got from HS last year is even average yet on our roster. They all have the talent though so we got promise

Until we see how recruiting shapes up, it's pointless to really say anything. We all know the portal was going to be what was critical regardless if we won 2 games or 10 games.

The portal is where we literally got all of our studs. No one we got from HS last year is even average yet on our roster. They all have the talent though so we got promise
The thing is we had the shine of the "unknown, i.e. We Comin" and "all that is possible" last year. This year we have 4-8, media and opponent created doubt and ZERO NIL money. This recruiting cycle is going to be...interesting.

The thing is we had the shine of the "unknown, i.e. We Comin" and "all that is possible" last year. This year we have 4-8, media and opponent created doubt and ZERO NIL money. This recruiting cycle is going to be...interesting.
We also have to attract recruits want to join a program that is rebuilding and has a long way to go. Im sure there are many who may rather go to a program that is already winning.

We also have to attract recruits want to join a program that is rebuilding and has a long way to go. Im sure there are many who may rather go to a program that is already winning.
Recruits want to go where they feel comfortable and have a legitimate shot at playing time.

Players don’t care if a team is currently good or not. The opposite has been dispelled.

It's probably a good guess that we don't have very much NIL money but that's all it is, a guess. None of us know what we have.

I love it. It works when you win. It doesn't when you lose. That's why we gotta see how the portal goes.

Recruits want to go where they feel comfortable and have a legitimate shot at playing time.

Players don’t care if a team is currently good or not. The opposite has been dispelled.
They want to win, want attention, they want to be celebs in their own world and they want to be comfortable and that means different things to different people.

Our biggest selling point is the thing getting us the most flak right now. Attention. Celebrity team. Exposure. People care, even if they love you or hate you.

We got a Heisman worthy QB
We got the best player in the nation in Travis
We got talent even though many are really young.
We bring back a lot.
I think we should have a lot more hope than we do right now but 7 losses in a row will impact a fanbase no matter what.

We got a Heisman worthy QB
We got the best player in the nation in Travis
We got talent even though many are really young.
We bring back a lot.
I think we should have a lot more hope than we do right now but 7 losses in a row will impact a fanbase no matter what.

Good news is playing for Coach Prime is a huge positive for recruiting.

if we as a fan base are noticing the deficiencies with some of the assistant coaches, I’m sure recruits may also see some of the same things we do.

Back