What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 CO PG Julian Hammond (SIGNED to COLORADO)

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

thumbnail.jpg

Cherry Creek HS (Englewood, CO)

AAU: Billups Elite

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JulianHammond15

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 180

247s rating: 3* - 88 grade; #23 CG
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PG

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8779 rating / #27 CG / #231 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Denver, Northern Colorado, Wyoming

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
3* - 81 QB recruit also from 247.

Interesting article about athletes in the family here.
His parents, Julian II and Ruby, each played at Loyola Marymount. Hammond's grandfather, the original Julian, averaged over 10 points per game for the ABA's Denver Rockets (now the Denver Nuggets of the NBA).
He was a first-team all-state selection for the 5A football and boys basketball games, the only player to receive such honors last year.

Last edited:
Scrappy player, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, hustling. I like it!

Also, please tell me B. Lewis is a stud baller as well. Quite a talented group of young qbs (if this kid becomes a 2 sport athlete as well.)

Certainly looks like he's not moving all that fast, but still glides past people. Not bouncy, but nice body control

He is getting recruited for shooting, but everything else is still there. Seems like he is getting recruited to be what Shane Gatling was

Like this kid, should be able to spell Barthelmy minutes early in his career which is what Kin has been missing, then can hopefully develop into a starter type role. Good program player, seems like a hard worker and motivated.

Tad stays true to his principles. When there's an in-state player he can win with, he makes sure that player ends up in the Black & Gold. Track record is good, so I'm on board.
It's good short and long term. Tad needs guys to provide the emotional foundation for the identity of this team. That's always had a strong pillar of colorado kids.

The other benefit with Colorado kids is they usually stay. There has been very minimal attrition of Colorado kids. Daylen might be the only one that's not a walk on that's left before they've graduated. Which is very rare in today's day and age and helps you maintain culture within a program. Even if they end up being role players it's always a win in my eyes.

Nice article on his football accomplishments (not being a big prep sport follower, I didn't even know he's been Cherry Creek's starting QB for 2 state championship teams) and his looking forward to his senior basketball season, along with quotes from his coach. (Per the article, Creek basketball is scheduled to start it's (pandemic shortened) 14 game schedule on Jan. 25th).

Direct link to article - https://bvmsports.com/2021/01/11/tw...-iii-shoots-for-first-basketball-state-title/

Back