What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TNFR OT Max Wray (Verbal to COLORADO)

I feel pretty good with a starting five of Fillip and Wray at the tackle spots, Pursell at center, Kutsch at one guard spot, and Roddick, Ray, Fenske, Lytle battling out for the other guard spot. Depth is still highly questionable at the tackle position, but at least you have Fenske there in a pinch while you bring some of the younger guys along. Rodrigue has done a good job plugging some significant holes.

I wonder if this is it for CU on the transfer market, or do they add one more lineman? With Wray and Fenske on board, they next guy will be a tougher sell.

Roddick will most likely start at RG. The RBs will run behind the right side of the line a lot. Roddick and Wray and are powerful run blockers. I hope Johnson, Jynes, Lee, Fenske. Lytle can provide quality depth, push Kutsch and Pursell. Kutsch is okay, I think he can play better. Pursell hasn't played a full season injury free.

I feel pretty good with a starting five of Fillip and Wray at the tackle spots, Pursell at center, Kutsch at one guard spot, and Roddick, Ray, Fenske, Lytle battling out for the other guard spot. Depth is still highly questionable at the tackle position, but at least you have Fenske there in a pinch while you bring some of the younger guys along. Rodrigue has done a good job plugging some significant holes.

I wonder if this is it for CU on the transfer market, or do they add one more lineman? With Wray and Fenske on board, they next guy will be a tougher sell.

Fenske ends up at center IMO.

Carson Lee looks like the guy that will take over as the starting center next year. Fenske will play both guard and center.

tom hardy doof warrior GIF

#74. Wray played well for his first start as a third string tackle. Ohio State is deep if Wray was a third stringer. I understand why the Broncos passed on Justin Fields.

Last edited:
#74. Wray played well for his first start as a third string tackle. Ohio State is deep if Wray was a third stringer. I understand why the Broncos passed on Justin Fields.

Fields has the talent but I am very glad that Denver didn't draft him. At best he is a project who needs a couple of years and Denver fans don't have the patience.

More likely he will never develop the skills needed to succeed at an NFL level.

In addition to his obvious talent Wray brings the experience of playing at a program that has been at the top of college football as a playoff team. If we get Boateng that will give us two OTs with this kind of background.

They know because they have been a part of it the intensity of preparation and the level of performance needed to play at that level.

Hopefully they can bring and communicate that to the other guys here in the OL room.

Turning around a program that has been down for an extended time is hard because you not only have to raise the talent level but you also have to change the attitude around the team. These guys can help with both.

Back