What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 KS SF Bobi Klintman (Verbal to Wake Forest)

This kid has a really nice stroke. Looks like he handles the ball well enough that he won't just be limited to pick and pop. Fletcher is not this kid's comp. This kid's taller with a better stroke, but doesn't look to be any where near the defender Tre'shaun was.

This kid has a really nice stroke. Looks like he handles the ball well enough that he won't just be limited to pick and pop. Fletcher is not this kid's comp. This kid's taller with a better stroke, but doesn't look to be any where near the defender Tre'shaun was.
Yeah I didn't think about the defensive side of things because it's kind of hard to project that from high school tape, I think. I have no idea who I would compare him to, does Tristan Da Silva make sense?

I agree on the tape. I guess TDS would be the comparison given how long and lean they are.
While they’re not too similar take my fletch comments with a grain of salt. I was a stan and still mourn his transfer. I always thought he could be the Swiss Army knife to end all Swiss Army knives.

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

In the era of NIL, a commitment is even less meaningful. I'm viewing the LB transfer from WVU with similar skepticism. $$$ talks.
Maybe bigger than NIL is the no-penalty transfer change from the NCAA. If we went back to "1 year of academic residency before you can play in games" then I think you'd see a major reduction in the current craziness. I think I'd support that as long as that year in residency didn't count against the 5 year eligibility clock. iirc, Dabo suggested this.

Do you think that we got hot with a transfer & needed the scholarship?
I had the same thought except that it was a 2023 player reclassifying instead of a transfer.

Would Tad really pull a scholarship? He's been pretty adamant in the past about scholarships being a four year deal unless other arrangements were made. Like how Loughlin's scholarship was only for one year.

In the era of NIL, a commitment is even less meaningful. I'm viewing the LB transfer from WVU with similar skepticism. $$$ talks.
Guarantee someone came along with significant NIL $$$. Guess the $500 from Gebhardt VW didn't do the trick.

The thread title claims he’s signed with Colorado, not just verbally committed. Is that incorrect or does a signature not mean what it used to?

The thread title claims he’s signed with Colorado, not just verbally committed. Is that incorrect or does a signature not mean what it used to?
247 is also reporting that he signed. If he did actually sign it would open the door for potential tampering. Other schools can not actively recruit a player with a signed NLI. Although as USC has proven the NCAA is powerless to stop tampering.

247 is also reporting that he signed. If he did actually sign it would open the door for potential tampering. Other schools can not actively recruit a player with a signed NLI. Although as USC has proven the NCAA is powerless to stop tampering.
If the NCAA members wanted a governing body with teeth, they'd have one. For example, they could grant subpoena powers in the bylaws. But they don't want that. They want just enough enforcement to give the perception of policing.

I have no idea only speculation I have is academics?
Yeah. Before we start down the NIL and tampering path, we should consider eligibility or personal issues as well. Now, if he ends up signing with, oh, say USC or some other nefarious program……

I really hope Joe Tipton jumped the gun, & Bobi decides to stay with Buffs? He's too perfect of a fit: 6'9 guard who can play at 2 or 3 spot, & grab and go rebounds w/ his elite ball-handling & passing skills for someone with his size & versatility. Or play 4 spot when we go small. Yea, he would probably play mostly at 4 this next year, if Jabari doesn't come back (which we may not know for sure until 6/13), but Bobi would probably stay mostly at 4 at most schools.

Baye Fall has talked about re-classifying to '22, but I doubt this is influencing Bobi- as Fall sounds like Fall won't make that call until after summer school in August. If Buffs sign Ndongo (or even High or Booth), Bobi goes back to more 2-3 spots after this year? Sounds like Isaiah Manning has been having more CU contact again, & may be close to joining Normand & Betts as CU's next Big Wing targets? Normand gets 3rd open spot as guard versus Christian Hammond or Mack?

Would love athleticism of WSU's Gueye or Abogidi, to pair with Lawson and Hurlburt, if CU does have to look to Transfer Portal for Bari replacement? But may prefer to go for a second grad transfer (for Bobi's spot) to keep Bari's spots open for third '23 recruit?

I really hope Joe Tipton jumped the gun, & Bobi decides to stay with Buffs? He's too perfect of a fit: 6'9 guard who can play at 2 or 3 spot, & grab and go rebounds w/ his elite ball-handling & passing skills for someone with his size & versatility. Or play 4 spot when we go small. Yea, he would probably play mostly at 4 this next year, if Jabari doesn't come back (which we may not know for sure until 6/13), but Bobi would probably stay mostly at 4 at most schools.

Baye Fall has talked about re-classifying to '22, but I doubt this is influencing Bobi- as Fall sounds like Fall won't make that call until after summer school in August. If Buffs sign Ndongo (or even High or Booth), Bobi goes back to more 2-3 spots after this year? Sounds like Isaiah Manning has been having more CU contact again, & may be close to joining Normand & Betts as CU's next Big Wing targets? Normand gets 3rd open spot as guard versus Christian Hammond or Mack?

Would love athleticism of WSU's Gueye or Abogidi, to pair with Lawson and Hurlburt, if CU does have to look to Transfer Portal for Bari replacement? But may prefer to go for a second grad transfer (for Bobi's spot) to keep Bari's spots open for third '23 recruit?
Oh, and need keep Assane Diop at top of list with Baye Ndongo (&/or Fall, High, Booth). 'Cause NEED Diop & Normand's Bobi Klintman-like on-ball skills!

Oh, and need keep Assane Diop at top of list with Baye Ndongo (&/or Fall, High, Booth). 'Cause NEED Diop & Normand's Bobi Klintman-like on-ball skills!
But love CU going after Manning, tells me they're prioritizing his elite D. Feels like you need at least 1 elite defender: Fall, Ndongo, Manning or Betts?

Back