What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 ND C Joe Hurlburt (Signed to COLORADO)

Interesting that Joe has twin brother Gus 6'8" committed to Northwestern. Their HS Frontline was 6'11, 6'8 and 6'6, pretty tough matchup for HS.
Tough matchup for high school opponents.

Might be even more important that he had some height to practice against. Can make a big difference getting used to every day going against guys who you don't tower over, who's arms can reach almost as far as yours, etc.

I like Lawson Lovering, but if Hurlburt can get bigger and remain as quick, man we got ourselves a good one.

For anybody worried if about the transition from North Dakota to college bball, similar to Lawson from Wyo, I will say North Dakota State who is in their conference championship and 23-9 has two heavy rotation players from ND one is a 6’11 big who is a COVID freshman Grant Nelson averages 11.5 points , 5 boards and a block a game. I know summit league is different than the PAC but this gives me hope. Austin Default also averaged 8 a game as a freshman. I think Joe has more of a college ready body than Lawson did. If we can get 10-15 minutes a 4 PPG I’d be thrilled.

For anybody worried if about the transition from North Dakota to college bball, similar to Lawson from Wyo, I will say North Dakota State who is in their conference championship and 23-9 has two heavy rotation players from ND one is a 6’11 big who is a COVID freshman Grant Nelson averages 11.5 points , 5 boards and a block a game. I know summit league is different than the PAC but this gives me hope. Austin Default also averaged 8 a game as a freshman. I think Joe has more of a college ready body than Lawson did. If we can get 10-15 minutes a 4 PPG I’d be thrilled.
I would agree, largely because their games are different. Lovering is more of a traditional Center (back to the basket) while Hurlburt, even with his size, is a more of a face the basket player. The game these days (and Tad Ball) favors the latter. Hurlburt might very well be the culmination of what Tad has been looking for in guys like Siewart, Dombek and DaSilva. A long, athletic hybrid 4 that can get you 15/6 every night. Fingers crossed.

North Dakota is a Hockey and basketball heaven.
Most barns have a hoop on them in the state. Home of the consecutive Free throw champ and Phil Jackson.

I would agree, largely because their games are different. Lovering is more of a traditional Center (back to the basket) while Hurlburt, even with his size, is a more of a face the basket player. The game these days (and Tad Ball) favors the latter. Hurlburt might very well be the culmination of what Tad has been looking for in guys like Siewart, Dombek and DaSilva. A long, athletic hybrid 4 that can get you 15/6 every night. Fingers crossed.
I've envisioned Hurlburt as a stretch 4 since I saw his film. Very fluid and bouncier than expected.

Looks like Hurlburt led Enderline in their loss to Kindred in the regional final with 18 pts and 10 rebounds. I don't have the time or inclination to watch the full game, but I did catch the announcers stating Hurlburt is the all time rebounder in ND.

Enderlin v Kindred full game

Back