What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'22 TX QB Nick Evers (Signed to Oklahoma)

Who was the other one?

I guess I just don't feel like a kid committing to a blue blood program in the SEC with Dan Mullen as HC, regardless of how long after he visits Boulder on his own, is any kind of indictment on CU, particularly when there was no in person contact with the staff.
Mullen did the exact same thing

Mullen did the exact same thing
Maybe kids don't actually care about the flatirons or how pretty CU's campus is?

Are you referring to Clay Millen? I mean, I guess? He visited Boulder, then Arizona and a week later committed to them. Evers is a blue chip prospect who committed to Florida. Without staff contact, I'm struggling to see why this is anything other than losing a recruit to an SEC blue blood.

But that's my point. Neither of them actually got to meet with the staff while they were on campus or see the inside of the facilities, etc
So other teams are just doing it better or as most think, our recruiting efforts are well below and subpar compared to other P5 schools. It is a rarity to see this staff where there is a legit battle with P5 teams

So other teams are just doing it better or as most think, our recruiting efforts are well below and subpar compared to other P5 schools. It is a rarity to see this staff where there is a legit battle with P5 teams
I mean, 95% of recruits being pursued by Florida and CU are likely going to choose Florida without needing to see campus or speak with the coaches. Millen was an odd situation, but daddy seemed to direct his recruitment and Noel Mazzone as primary recruiter in Arizona is a pretty high profile QB coach

I mean, 95% of recruits being pursued by Florida and CU are likely going to choose Florida without needing to see campus or speak with the coaches. Millen was an odd situation, but daddy seemed to direct his recruitment and Noel Mazzone as primary recruiter in Arizona is a pretty high profile QB coach
I get it. I really do but the kid was from Texas not FL. Our staff has to find a way to recruit out of the basement if we are going to turn this around. I did not think we would get Evers but damn, we need to start picking up some kids we are not supposed to or people think would not come hear. The staff either is not good at selling the vision or they do not have one that resonates with the kids. KD has to find a way to figure this out. That is his job #1 right now because he is failing in this area

I get it. I really do but the kid was from Texas not FL. Our staff has to find a way to recruit out of the basement if we are going to turn this around. I did not think we would get Evers but damn, we need to start picking up some kids we are not supposed to or people think would not come hear. The staff either is not good at selling the vision or they do not have one that resonates with the kids. KD has to find a way to figure this out. That is his job #1 right now because he is failing in this area
Florida is a blue blood in the SEC who can hand pick their QB from across the country for the most part.

I get where you’re coming from and agree that recruiting needs to take a step forward. My point in this thread was understanding darths post that somehow Evers “went running” somewhere else after visiting. I don’t consider losing a recruit to Florida as some indictment of CU. As it’s been noted, QB dominoes are starting to fall and I don’t consider what happened particularly relevant to CU, more so that the blue chip QBs are finding their place, and CU isn’t at the big boy table (and hasn’t been for decades at the QB position).

Maybe kids don't actually care about the flatirons or how pretty CU's campus is?

Are you referring to Clay Millen? I mean, I guess? He visited Boulder, then Arizona and a week later committed to them. Evers is a blue chip prospect who committed to Florida. Without staff contact, I'm struggling to see why this is anything other than losing a recruit to an SEC blue blood.
Yes, I meant Millen.

I guess we will see what happens, but two cycles with mediocre recruiting at the QB position should tell you all you need to know there.

He visited campus and committed elsewhere immediately. That's the second time it's happened with this staff. It's weird.
Trying to be positive, he’d probably made up his mind on FL before he visited but thought, “Ya know, CU is pretty intriguing. I think I’ll check them out.” I’m not sure how many other visits he took, but he did think enough of CU to consider us.

Regardless of the last 20 year ineptitude, Florida would be a tough recruiting win, especially at QB. It's not like CU has been bringing in and churning out blue chip QBs. How I long for things to change...

Back