What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 AZ SF Cody Williams (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Yep. The plan from both his camp and CU is that he'll develop as a 2-3 year guy. The reality might be that the NBA drafts on potential, not polish, so they could throw lottery money at him after a year and he'd almost have to go.
Based upon mocks it’s seeming more likely, but it’s going to depend on how well he does obviously.

With where Tad's head is at lately, he'll probably sit behind Clifford until "he's truly ready."

Sorry, this season is wearing on me.
I think the hard thing with Tad and Nique was he was expecting such a breakout for him. Had him and Tristan represent us at PAC 12 media days. He's usually right on about breakouts too. Tristan's obviously having a great year.

Had to double-check to see if Collier's dad got a job yet at USC
Recruiting 101, just hire the parents of top recruits
I guarantee there were/are improprieties here.
Jennifer Aniston Friends GIF

I figured. I don't remember where Chauncey was, been too long.
I don't think they had rankings back then like they do now. My guess is that Chauncey was in the 15-25 range. He was a McDonald's All-American and was being recruited by KU.

Someone on a random board posted the rankings from the Sporting News for the 1995 class. Quite a class.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Ron Mercer
3. Stephon Marbury
4. Robert Traylor
5. Shareef Abdur Rahim
6. Vince Carter
7. Paul Pierce
8. Derek Hood
9. Albert White
10. Louis Bullock
11. Randell Jackson
12. Wayne Turner
13. Sam Okey
14. Terrance Roberson
15. B.J Mckie
16. Ryan Blackwell
17. Taymon Domzalski
18. Chauncey Billups
19. Antawn Jamison
20. Kenny Thomas

I was in the same class as Chauncey. I think the Colorado HS playoffs were during spring break. My freshman year in HS, my dad took a day off from work to take me to what I remember being the final eight. I think we watched 4 games in an afternoon and it was at McNichols. There were some other good players. Chatfield had a couple of bigs for HS. Arapahoe had one. I can't remember their names. But it was clear that Chauncey (as a freshman) was playing a completely different game than the other guys. It was almost like watching the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. I think Chatfield won it that year. But Chauncey was Mr. Basketball.

I was in the same class as Chauncey. I think the Colorado HS playoffs were during spring break. My freshman year in HS, my dad took a day off from work to take me to what I remember being the final eight. I think we watched 4 games in an afternoon and it was at McNichols. There were some other good players. Chatfield had a couple of bigs for HS. Arapahoe had one. I can't remember their names. But it was clear that Chauncey (as a freshman) was playing a completely different game than the other guys. It was almost like watching the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. I think Chatfield won it that year. But Chauncey was Mr. Basketball.
Spring of Chauncey's 8th grade year I coached a team that played against at team he was on at the Red Shield Center. He was so far above what we had (or the other kids on his team) that it was a joke.

Have to give him credit though because while he was destroying us he was very classy about it, didn't do anything to embarrass other kids, was very friendly with our kids and mature in how he carried himself.

Was easy to see where he got if from because his family was there to support him and they were nothing but class. I am very confident that had Chauncey not been a gifted athlete he would have ended up excelling at something else because his family raised him to be a quality person.

I don't think they had rankings back then like they do now. My guess is that Chauncey was in the 15-25 range. He was a McDonald's All-American and was being recruited by KU.
Probably didn't. Back in the day, all the blue chips went to Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky '93 and after, etc etc.

Someone on a random board posted the rankings from the Sporting News for the 1995 class. Quite a class.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Ron Mercer
3. Stephon Marbury
4. Robert Traylor
5. Shareef Abdur Rahim
6. Vince Carter
7. Paul Pierce
8. Derek Hood
9. Albert White
10. Louis Bullock
11. Randell Jackson
12. Wayne Turner
13. Sam Okey
14. Terrance Roberson
15. B.J Mckie
16. Ryan Blackwell
17. Taymon Domzalski
18. Chauncey Billups
19. Antawn Jamison
20. Kenny Thomas
Actually surprised Chauncey and Antawn or Antwan Jamison were that low, yes I've seen it spelled and said both ways. :D Hell of a list, lot of really good to great players.

Back