What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CA QB Ryan Staub (Signed to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

1581678809048.jpeg

West Ranch HS (Stevenson Ranch, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_ryanstaub
Instagram:

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 190
40:

247s rating: 3* - 86 grade; #45 QB
ESPN rating: 3* - 78 grade; #25 QB-P
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #22 QB-P

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8744 composite / #34 QB / #706 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Fresno State, Nevada, SMU, USF

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like his film. Release is really quick and has some zip on the ball. Doesn’t seem slow when he scrambles. Of course I don’t know **** about evaluating HS kids but our last two QB recruits definitely don’t have film this good.

Sanford recruiting.

I did not expect to like his film as much as I did. Holy mackerel.
Super quick release with a strong arm: throwing 30 yards outs on a line. So accurate, he throws receivers open in double coverage.
He reads as quick as he throws, fitting well placed balls into tight windows that are open just because the timing is right.
And then, he has WHEELS, real speed.
I, also, may not know much about breaking down film, but relative to other film I’ve watched, this kid is a find. Very optimistic.

I like to pump sunshine, especially when projecting players, but Holy schnickies if this kid isn't the best QB prospect the Buffs have signed in 2 decades. Gotta keep this commitment for the next 10 months. 2023 class is starting strong.

The cliche/scouting term about a “live arm” comes to mind, and he looks to be a really good runner. Definitely like him more than his offer list. Multiple national 247 writers have mentioned that he’s likely to get a lot more attention this Spring and Summer

I like to pump sunshine, especially when projecting players, but Holy schnickies if this kid isn't the best QB prospect the Buffs have signed in 2 decades. Gotta keep this commitment for the next 10 months. 2023 class is starting strong.
When I looked at his video, it hadn't dawned on me that he is a 2023 signee. I agree: that's a LONG time to keep this commit. 🙏

Looks like he transferred from Sierra Canyon after losing the QB competition early 2021 as a soph (CA played in the spring here). I think he only has one year of starting under his belt so it's possible he could blow up. Appears that he works with Danny Hernandez (as does Waterman).

Needs to get in the weight room though.

190 ain't gonna cut it with the amount of running our QBs have to do.

He's listed as 6'1" 190.

Maybe he's gained since then.

For comparison, Lewis is 6'2" 215.

Honestly, if I felt like he wouldn't be running for his life, it wouldn't worry me so much.

Last edited:
He's listed as 6'1" 190.

Maybe he's gained since then.

For comparison, Lewis is 6'2" 215.

Honestly, I felt like he wouldn't be running for his life, it wouldn't worry me so much.
Lewis has--what--three years in age on this kid, though? He is going into his senior year of H.S., and Lewis has been at CU for two years. I'm pretty sure, the kid will find some time in the weight room over the next couple of years. QB's don't generally want to pack on the pounds in a rush. He has time to build up, and who knows, maybe he's still growing, too. I know I am, though not upwards anymore.

He truly does have Fast Twitch muscles and actions. He seems like his processing is faster than anyone I have seen lately on film.
We need to have him invest in his class an be the leader of the '23 class! When can a kid get his NIL money? Won't NIL seep into High Schools

Back