What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CA QB Ryan Staub (Signed to COLORADO)

I did not expect to like his film as much as I did. Holy mackerel.
Super quick release with a strong arm: throwing 30 yards outs on a line. So accurate, he throws receivers open in double coverage.
He reads as quick as he throws, fitting well placed balls into tight windows that are open just because the timing is right.
And then, he has WHEELS, real speed.
I, also, may not know much about breaking down film, but relative to other film I’ve watched, this kid is a find. Very optimistic.
Yeah, I was impressed with his speed out of a scramble, not relative to tacklers but how fast he was crossing solid white lines. Seemed to be able to place/land the ball mostly right where he wanted. Would like to see his 10 int's though to see if there's a pattern there.

AM: What's your favorite movie?
RS: The Shawshank Redemption.

Looks like we got a good one, boys!
morgan freeman quote GIF

3 short observations.

1. He's not afraid to throw into a tight window.

2. He already knows how to slide.

3. He runs the read-option well. (Not sure that will be in the playbook with a run-first-and-foremost OC and a west coast O HC).

We need to stop with this narrative that this will be a run first offense. Both the head coach and offensive coordinator have said this.

3 short observations.

1. He's not afraid to throw into a tight window.

2. He already knows how to slide.

3. He runs the read-option well. (Not sure that will be in the playbook with a run-first-and-foremost OC and a west coast O HC).
Well, we answered this parenthetical question in the kid’s favor: Read-Option offense? Hell yes.

Back