What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO PF Assane Diop (Signed to COLORADO)

Okay, time to play lineup for next year:

C - Diop
PF - C. Williams
SF - Da Silva
SG - Hadley
PG - Simpson

Bench
C - Lawson
PF - Allen, Hurlburt
SF - Clifford, O'Brien
SG - RJ Smith, Anderson, Ruffin,
PG - Hammond

STACKED!!! Even the bench is a nice squad

Basically described 98% of D1 recruits. Watch his film. He'll be fine.
Spot on.

So many guys like this, especially big men, have rarely had to face an opponent in HS who was close to their ablility, they have been able to dominate with minimal effort.

A huge advantage with the CU roster is that it now has depth in big men. From the first practice the big men will have to work to be successful. They will make each other better.

C - Diop
PF - C. Williams
SF - Da Silva
SG - Hadley
PG - Simpson

Bench
C - Lawson
PF - Allen, Hurlburt
SF - Clifford, O'Brien
PG - Hammond

I doubt Diop starts at the beginning of the season. Maybe by January, but Tad isn't throwing him out there at the start.

C - Diop
PF - C. Williams
SF - Da Silva
SG - Hadley
PG - Simpson

Bench
C - Lawson
PF - Allen, Hurlburt
SF - Clifford, O'Brien
PG - Hammond

I think it's more likely Diop subs for 4-5. Also wouldn't Williams be more likely to play the 3. Seems like his natural position.

C - Diop
PF - C. Williams
SF - Da Silva
SG - Hadley
PG - Simpson

Bench
C - Lawson
PF - Allen, Hurlburt
SF - Clifford, O'Brien
PG - Hammond

Yeah I think it’s more 50/50 Lovering & Diop with Lovering getting the start. Then swap Williams & Da Silva.

2023-2024. Here it is...

STARTERS
F - Lovering
F - Williams
F - Da Silva
G - Hadley
G - Simpson

BENCH
F - Diop
F - Hurlburt
F - Clifford
F - O'Brien
F - Anderson
G - Smith
G - Ruffin
G - Hammond

Thank heavens for Tad.
I think LL may surprise people with how he develops this year. I hope he is competitive with Diop.

This is so nice.
He's already significantly better than last year. If he can find his post offense, look out

Does Diop start over a Junior (Lawson) and Hurlbert will be buried - but on the flip side if everyone is bought in, this has to be the deepest a Tad team has even been at F and C. And the team will still be filled with underclassman next season. WOW, so much talent!!!
No one will get buried. Each of those 3 has a different game. Tad's out here playing 4D Chess with an elite 10 deep 2023 roster at this point.

Everyone needs to slow their roll. Diop is going to be a stud. But he is not starting next year. He might contend for starting his sophomore year. He’s damn good but he needs work and it’s hard for any freshman big to come in and start - especially for a team with our talent level.

Be happy. Be realistic.

Everyone needs to slow their roll. Diop is going to be a stud. But he is not starting next year. He might contend for starting his sophomore year. He’s damn good but he needs work and it’s hard for any freshman big to come in and start - especially for a team with our talent level.

Be happy. Be realistic.
Both Cody and Diop are a rare combo of underdeveloped and polished, imo. Both so skilled, but obviously need some work. Really good news for CU, as I can see both of them staying at least two years

Both Cody and Diop are a rare combo of underdeveloped and polished, imo. Both so skilled, but obviously need some work. Really good news for CU, as I can see both of them staying at least two years
Take everything I take about freshman bigs with a grain of salt but I don’t think Diop will be more than situational his freshman year and people will scream for Tad’s head. I think his sophomore year he’s gonna have more responsibilities and some flashes and those people that were furious with Tad are going to be saying Diop is a bust and incoming recruit will easily take his spot in the rotation. Year 3 Diop will compete for an all-PAC slot.

GIF by Snipes

Take everything I take about freshman bigs with a grain of salt but I don’t think Diop will be more than situational his freshman year and people will scream for Tad’s head. I think his sophomore year he’s gonna have more responsibilities and some flashes and those people that were furious with Tad are going to be saying Diop is a bust and incoming recruit will easily take his spot in the rotation. Year 3 Diop will compete for an all-PAC slot.
Minutes will be difficult to earn. TDS is probably the role his game would be trying to earn minutes from. I figure he'll back him up unless he redshirts and busts onto the scene in 24-25.

Minutes will be difficult to earn. TDS is probably the role his game would be trying to earn minutes from. I figure he'll back him up unless he redshirts and busts onto the scene in 24-25.
Williams and Diop are Top 50 talents. They didn't sign to sit. Both will play significant time next year. Likely at the expense of some who aren't meeting expectations this year.

Williams and Diop are Top 50 talents. They didn't sign to sit. Both will play significant time next year. Likely at the expense of some who aren't meeting expectations this year.
Diop is more like where Quincy, Dom and Fletch were rated. Just inside the Top 100.

Not sure why posters are theorizing AD as a 5. Probably 3-4? Per Tad':
Really excited about Assane Diop," Boyle said. He's a terrific young man. First of all, great personality, and he's going to be a great teammate. But he's a guy that plays extremely hard; he's got a huge ceiling. Great skill set for a big guy, you know, he's not he's really not an interior guy. He's really not a big.

"In today's game of positional is basketball, he fits in really, really well because he can he can run the floor, he can block shots, dribble a ball, he's becoming a better shooter and a good defender. He plays with such energy and such effort. He's such a great teammate. He's going t be a great addition to our program and He's going to be a great Buff."

Really excited about Assane Diop," Boyle said. He's a terrific young man. First of all, great personality, and he's going to be a great teammate. But he's a guy that plays extremely hard; he's got a huge ceiling. Great skill set for a big guy, you know, he's not he's really not an interior guy. He's really not a big.

"In today's game of positional is basketball, he fits in really, really well because he can he can run the floor, he can block shots, dribble a ball, he's becoming a better shooter and a good defender. He plays with such energy and such effort. He's such a great teammate. He's going t be a great addition to our program and He's going to be a great Buff."
At least defensively, kind of like what Zeke can do for the Nuggs.

Read this on the Buffs official site.

Couldn't believe all the typo's, etc. No one proofing the content? Amatuer hour.

Wow, Season ticket prices are gonna go up next year
Welcome Young Buff, we all see really big things for you and the boys
Iron sharpens Iron

Lovering was a higher rated recruit than Diop. I think Diop will transition easier, but let’s not forget that LL isn’t a Shane Harris Tunks type guy.

Also pretty awesome that next year’s team will have 6 of CU’s top 10 best all time recruits (since 247 rankings came out, no Chauncey or David Harrison).

1. Cody Williams
3. Lawson Lovering
6. KJ Simpson
7. Quincy Allen
8. Assane Diop
10. Nique Clifford

My take in next year's lineup?

PG: KJ
SG: Clifford
SF: Williams
PF: Da Silva
C: Lovering

The lead ball handler will be Williams though. He's a PG regardless of his height. Not sure I love that lineup from a scoring standpoint though.

Key backups

PG: Hammond
SG: Ruffin
SF: Allen/O'Brien
PF/C: Diop/Hurlburt

TBD: Smith and Anderson.

I could honestly see Williams starting out the year as the leader of the second unit. That second unit has far more shooting ability than the starters.

Back