What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 CO QB Brayden Dorman (Signed to Arizona)

Every time this thread pops up I think:

1) Wait, Brandon Drumm isn't a recruit, he played for the team.
2) Crap - he's 40+ years old now!
I think about this

7d5b8b76-7e0b-449f-ba9b-26a5422b806d_text.gif

Not so sure that's the case. It's hard to compare based on the film they have out there.
Eh, it looked like Dorman knew where he was going with the ball before the snap quite a bit. He was looking off a safety, but he wasnt being forced to make reads and snap judgments in quite a few of the early plays on his highlight reel.

Eh, it looked like Dorman knew where he was going with the ball before the snap quite a bit. He was looking off a safety, but he wasnt being forced to make reads and snap judgments in quite a few of the early plays on his highlight reel.
Funny you said that because another coach and I looked at Staub's film again last night and both had the same response - "Snap and Chuck." It's a term we use for QBs ("Chucks") who take the snap, lock into a route immediately, barely wait for it to come open, and throw. I would say both of these guys are making pre-snap read decisions and are going to that route 80% of the time if it's there which is pretty typical in HS.
I will say, the more I watch Staub's film the less upset I am with the offer and commit. I like his wheels more than anything. Passing still needs work.

At one point in time, CU was rumored to be linked to Jedd Fisch in a head coach capacity. I was very skeptical that a washout OC from UCLA with the majority of his experience in the NFL would be a good hire.

Holy **** do I wish CU had hired Jedd Fisch instead of Dorell.

At one point in time, CU was rumored to be linked to Jedd Fisch in a head coach capacity. I was very skeptical that a washout OC from UCLA with the majority of his experience in the NFL would be a good hire.

Not because he landed this recruit I hope.

I wish CU had hired pretty much anyone other than Dorrell but Fisch started his head coaching career going 1-11 at Arizona. So it’s early to think he’s any good. Also I was super against his hire before we landed Tucker so part of me is rooting for him to fail so I’ll be proven right! 😀

Another in a line of highly rated in state QB’s. They always go on to stardom.

Not because he landed this recruit I hope.

I wish CU had hired pretty much anyone other than Dorrell but Fisch started his head coaching career going 1-11 at Arizona. So it’s early to think he’s any good. Also I was super against his hire before we landed Tucker so part of me is rooting for him to fail so I’ll be proven right! 😀
Yeah- Arizona went 1-11 and is kicking CU's ass up and down the western half of the US on the recruiting trail.

You can dither about certain recruits, but as we have discussed to the point of exhaustion on this board: stars matter, and Fisch has signed recruits rated much more highly than Dorell has since he took over in Tucson.

I'm not convinced the recruiting is Fisch and not the activation of the UA basketball booster network for football - particularly as it relates to NIL.

Back