What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Signed to COLORADO)

Alright, I'm back in my Meme Dungeon where I can be me.

CORMANI!!!
tumblr_ovwd3zLh7u1thej0ko1_500.gif

hula_hoop_girl_19.gif

these_ladies_have_some_hula_hooping_skills_04.gif

these_ladies_have_some_hula_hooping_skills_15.gif

Imagine if Karl never would have let Gonzo or Blackmon go. We’d be looking at a 1st round pick and another draft pick followed by Hunter and McClain
Except that I never believed that a few words from KD would have kept any of the players from transferring out. They saw what we all saw, and they saw it up close and awful--the pending worst team in all of college football.

Question: Are you happier that CU got a 5 star or that CU has pissed off and terrified the CFB world?

I'm strugglin.
Definitely B! The CFB world badly NEEDS a shakeup Because it has gotten boring. The system self-perpetuates the same teams and thus, the same storyline every year.

Except that I never believed that a few words from KD would have kept any of the players from transferring out. They saw what we all saw, and they saw it up close and awful--the pending worst team in all of college football.
They transferred out because:

1. KD was running a "let's try to compete without participating in NIL" experiment.

2. The culture and coaching in that program were not going to maximize their potential.

It didn't matter whether the HC was charismatic. What mattered was the other stuff that was broken.

Coach Prime being so charismatic is more of the cherry on top for elite athletes. Not only does a guy like Cormani get everything he needs to achieve his dreams, at CU he also gets to play for someone he'll enjoy and trust. It's why we're going to dominate recruiting. Checking all the boxes anyone else does but having all the next level Coach Prime stuff and all the "everything money can't buy" advantages of CU / Boulder / Colorado.

They transferred out because:

1. KD was running a "let's try to compete without participating in NIL" experiment.

2. The culture and coaching in that program were not going to maximize their potential.

It didn't matter whether the HC was charismatic. What mattered was the other stuff that was broken.

Coach Prime being so charismatic is more of the cherry on top for elite athletes. Not only does a guy like Cormani get everything he needs to achieve his dreams, at CU he also gets to play for someone he'll enjoy and trust. It's why we're going to dominate recruiting. Checking all the boxes anyone else does but having all the next level Coach Prime stuff and all the "everything money can't buy" advantages of CU / Boulder / Colorado.
Agree with most of that, but it’s also no coincidence that the two 5* top recruits HCP has locked up over two years are cornerbacks. The HOF Gold Jacket has it’s own gravity.

Congrats to CU. If I’m TCU I’m running the ball and testing A Gap 70% of the time in the first quarter until / unless the Buffs stop me. Should be a very interesting game to watch.

Back