What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR ATH Travis Hunter (Signed to COLORADO)

I was hoping to see our commitment list popping by tonight, but I guess there will be a whole lot of waiting for signing day. I'm okay with that. Never saw the visitor list either, but Wednesday matters more.
I think something we will need to get used to is waiting until NSD to know. We have come accustomed to middling to low level recruits trying to lock up their spot early, but the better recruits often wait until SD to announce as they get more attention and can do their hat ceremony.

I think something we will need to get used to is waiting until NSD to know. We have come accustomed to middling to low level recruits trying to lock up their spot early, but the better recruits often wait until SD to announce as they get more attention and can do their hat ceremony.
Along these lines we shouldn't be surprised if some of the guys we are after don't sign at all in early signing period.

As you said kids who don't have many options want to get their names on the LOI and get it accepted.

The top kids know that they are in enough demand that they can wait and still have a school they want make space for them.

cover5.jpg

Just saw this. Says everyone expects him to go with Prime but he has to see if it’s a good fit. Guess that’s what he’s doing here now. Makes me slightly uneasy just because he’s the kind of kid who we’ve seen goes against expectations. But he’d be leaving his QB as well, and the rest of them, so…

He's had a year to listen to "NFL not NIL," I don't think that's an issue.
I think it could be a little different now if you're talking about the #1 overall player coming out of HS actually proving that he's still probably the #1 overall player. If USC gave Jordan Addison a couple million NIL package, you have to imagine they are willing to do the same for Hunter (along with UGA and Miami), and it's not like he will have less of a chance at the NFL by going to one of those programs.

This is a situation where "NFL not NIL" likely rings a bit hollow. The rumors are that Hunter is like a son to Prime, so we'll see if that relationship is enough to keep him with Prime or if Prime is like, that's too much money to turn down and we don't have that much to give you at CU.

Let's hope Prime's relationship with Barstool helps here

I would not go that far. Money is certainly a big factor, but I also assume he wants to be a high draft pick in two years regardless. Miami is a complete trainwreck compared to Georgia or USC.
Miami feels like the program he's mentioning to squeeze more out of the others.

I would not go that far. Money is certainly a big factor, but I also assume he wants to be a high draft pick in two years regardless. Miami is a complete trainwreck compared to Georgia or USC.
I mean, he is probably the best overall player in CFB right now and I think there's a good chance he would have been a 1st round pick had he stayed at JSU the next two years. Miami might be a train wreck on the field compared to UGA and USC, but going there isn't likely to drop his draft stock.

End of the day, I think he wants to increase the hype, and at least make it seem like he's not just following Prime wherever, but based on the things that have been said about his relationship with Prime and Shedeur, not to mention the other JSU guys coming to CU, I have to think CU is still the heavy favorite to land him.

Back