What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR OLB Jeremiah Brown (Signed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
JSU Bio

12848036_21c4c279c2d74849b6e0fa2f7ee78713.jpg

Jackson State University (Jackson, MS) / Lincoln HS (Carrabelle, FL)

Eligibility:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahAbrown
Instagram:

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 220
40:

247s rating: 3* - 89 grade
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated LB

247sports Composite:

Reported Offers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a '21 recruit:

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; unranked OLB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 2* - 5.4rr; unranked OLB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8315 rating / #189 LB / #1703 overall

Reported Offers: FAU, Marshall, Minnesota, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Troy, FCS offers

Last edited by a moderator:
3* with offers from a lot of G5 who was flipped from FAU in the 2020 class.

The OLB and the DT were huge pickups today. I still hope Sami comes back because he's another big body to clog the middle. The DL looks much improved. Can we find a pure pass rusher for 3rd downs please and I'll be happy until I see a Cormani signing down the road!!!!
Don’t need a pure pass rusher….just need 4 capable guys on the field with a motor and we’ll have a pass rush. Especially since it appears that no one will ever be able to get open against us

Don’t need a pure pass rusher….just need 4 capable guys on the field with a motor and we’ll have a pass rush. Especially since it appears that no one will ever be able to get open against us
Absolutely need a pure pass rusher. Elite DB's are not going to cover WR/TE/HB for 6-7 seconds in Man Covg. It's rarely possible at any level of play. Right now Georgia's NFL level DB's are getting owned trying to cover Ohio St's NFL level WR's.

Absolutely need a pure pass rusher. Elite DB's are not going to cover WR/TE/HB for 6-7 seconds in Man Covg. It's rarely possible at any level of play. Right now Georgia's NFL level DB's are getting owned trying to cover Ohio St's NFL level WR's.
Pass pro in college sucks. You need 4 guys with athletic ability and effort. A “pure pass rusher” it’s a make believe skill set, and I think you mean 5 seconds or less…6-7 seconds might as well be a week

Pass pro in college sucks. You need 4 guys with athletic ability and effort. A “pure pass rusher” it’s a make believe skill set, and I think you mean 5 seconds or less…6-7 seconds might as well be a week
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But I think you saying having a guy with athletic ability and effort is kind of a pass rusher. :sneaky:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But I think you saying having a guy with athletic ability and effort is kind of a pass rusher. :sneaky:
No, that’s not what I’m saying. There are a lot of guys that have these attributes that are terrible pass rushers (ex. A - Terrance Lang), and plenty of truly successful pass rushers that have fallen short in one of category or more.

I’m saying that a “pure pass rusher” is a 10+ year NFL vet that has pass rushing moves on moves (plus a bunch of other stuff), and they only come in on 3rd and 7+. I’m saying that we should not be worried about recruiting a skill set….because that doesn’t always translate at this level. I’m saying that just about all of these kids are at the adolescent stage of pass rushing and pass blocking, and 4 dudes that will bring it with a move or two usually wins out. I’m saying that you’re conflating concepts; you typically don’t cover in man when you’re rushing 4 -5 guys. And I’m saying that the staff seems to be doing the best job in 20 years here, WRT addressing the need for a pass rush….we’re already getting what you want.

No, that’s not what I’m saying. There are a lot of guys that have these attributes that are terrible pass rushers (ex. A - Terrance Lang), and plenty of truly successful pass rushers that have fallen short in one of category or more.

I’m saying that a “pure pass rusher” is a 10+ year NFL vet that has pass rushing moves on moves (plus a bunch of other stuff), and they only come in on 3rd and 7+. I’m saying that we should not be worried about recruiting a skill set….because that doesn’t always translate at this level. I’m saying that just about all of these kids are at the adolescent stage of pass rushing and pass blocking, and 4 dudes that will bring it with a move or two usually wins out. I’m saying that you’re conflating concepts; you typically don’t cover in man when you’re rushing 4 -5 guys. And I’m saying that the staff seems to be doing the best job in 20 years here, WRT addressing the need for a pass rush….we’re already getting what you want.
Staff is doing a great job.
Disagree with almost everything else you said.
Absolutely need a pure pass rush guy from the edge position who can put pressure on the QB without having to Blitz. Whether that comes from a DE or OLB who is also on the field for the other downs. I don't really care. But I would like to see some offers on OLB/DE types vs more WR's. Your perception/definition of a pure pass rusher isn't even in the same universe of what I would consider a pure pass rusher at a college level. My worry is we have a bunch of Terrance Lang run stuffer types on the Line right now and need balance from a guy who maybe can't be in all the time on obvious running downs but should always be in on obvious passing downs. (pure pass rushing guy). And since this is J.Browns thread I hope he is that guy who can get after the QB and I hope we go out and find 1 more to pair with him.

Back