What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR QB Shedeur Sanders (Signed to COLORADO)

in case anyone else was curious, the adjective 'black' in the graphic about Sheuder Sanders and the Deacon Jones trophy modifies the word 'college', not 'player'

in case anyone else was curious, the adjective 'black' in the graphic about Sheuder Sanders and the Deacon Jones trophy modifies the word 'college', not 'player'
Episode 4 GIF by MacGruber

It is possible that Shedeur heads to the NFL after one season at CU. I've seen a couple QB rankings that have him as high as #3 and some as low as #18 for the 2024 NFL draft. If he blows up this season CU will likely be looking for the next QB in the transfer portal.

It is possible that Shedeur heads to the NFL after one season at CU. I've seen a couple QB rankings that have him as high as #3 and some as low as #18 for the 2024 NFL draft. If he blows up this season CU will likely be looking for the next QB in the transfer portal.

Which is why they should be highly selective and go after a true blue chip guy in this 2024 cycle, IMO. At worst, a guy like that is QB2 for one season (Shedeur comes back), and at best, he's competing for QB1 as a true freshman in an offense that just helped elevate Shedeur as a possible 1st round pick.

Which is why they should be highly selective and go after a true blue chip guy in this 2024 cycle, IMO. At worst, a guy like that is QB2 for one season (Shedeur comes back), and at best, he's competing for QB1 as a true freshman in an offense that just helped elevate Shedeur as a possible 1st round pick.

I agree in theory, just don't see any blue chips QB's that are looking at CU for 2024. The 2023 offense is going to inform the QB market as to what to expect at CU going forward. Right now there is uncertainty as to how the offense will look.

I agree in theory, just don't see any blue chips QB's that are looking at CU for 2024. The 2023 offense is going to inform the QB market as to what to expect at CU going forward. Right now there is uncertainty as to how the offense will look.
That's fair, and it does seem like transfer portal is likely for 2024 if Shedeur leaves.

I have a hard time believing he leaves, though. I mean, unless he has the kind of year where he's a sure fire 1st rounder, which would likely have CU in contention for the conference, I think he's here for 2024 to help CU and his Dad make a playoff run.

Tell that to the people who rank college QBs and project their draft stock. There's also a lot of "if Shedeur has a big year..." caveats in the comments here
I'm fully prepared to jump on the bandwagon about early to middle October. I'm not pessimistic about SS, I've just always been a "see it then believe it" kind of person. Especially when it comes to sports. He's making a huge jump in level of competition.

Last edited:
I'm fully prepared to jump on the bandwagon about early to middle October. I'm not pessimistic about SS, I've just always been a "see it then believe it" kind of person. Especially when it comes to sports. He's making a huge jump in level of competition.
That's fine. We are simply speculating on things that other people have mentioned. This isn't hyping up Brendan Lewis before the 2021 season because he looked good in limited time vs Texas in the Alamo Bowl.

Direct your comments toward those in the media who are hyping up Shedeur. He was a legitimate 4* QB prospect coming out with offers to go pretty much anywhere and all he's done in college, FCS or not, is absolutely dominate.

That's fine. We are simply speculating on things that other people have mentioned. This isn't hyping up Brendan Lewis before the 2021 season because he looked good in limited time vs Texas in the Alamo Bowl.

Direct your comments toward those in the media who are hyping up Shedeur. He was a legitimate 4* QB prospect coming out with offers to go pretty much anywhere and all he's done in college, FCS or not, is absolutely dominate.

Also worth mentioning that evaluation of the QB position tends to look at some different things, hence the Niners moving up to draft Lance who was an FCS QB.

Pros are worried about other things than how big and fast the LBs and DEs he was playing against were.

They want to know can he make the throws, can he quickly make the reads and make the right decision, does he have a pocket awareness, does he overcome mistakes, how fast does he learn, is he a leader, etc. etc.

He already has a solid body of work in these areas that can be evaluated. Will they be watching to see how he transitions to a higher talent level? Of course but they already have spent a fair amount of time looking at him.

Also worth mentioning that evaluation of the QB position tends to look at some different things, hence the Niners moving up to draft Lance who was an FCS QB.

Pros are worried about other things than how big and fast the LBs and DEs he was playing against were.

They want to know can he make the throws, can he quickly make the reads and make the right decision, does he have a pocket awareness, does he overcome mistakes, how fast does he learn, is he a leader, etc. etc.

He already has a solid body of work in these areas that can be evaluated. Will they be watching to see how he transitions to a higher talent level? Of course but they already have spent a fair amount of time looking at him.
Exceptional comments!

I currently have concerns about arm strength and scrambling while I think he appears good to great at pocket awareness, throwing a catchable ball and reading coverages. Really looking forward to the step up in competition for him this year. Last year his WR's were likely superior to the DB's in every game. This year there will be games where the DB's and scheme are equal to the WR's and decision making and throwing people open or hitting a tight window will be required.

I have expectations he's going to do very well.

Lewis’ offenses has been extremely productive with players far less talented than the team we’ll be rolling out in the fall. It is definitely forseeable for Shedeur to have a monster year. Jared Goff had one really good college season on his way to a nine figure NFL career. It’s totally doable.

Looks like his BBQ sauce can only be purchased in 3-packs. Anyone want to split an order?

Looks like his BBQ sauce can only be purchased in 3-packs. Anyone want to split an order?

Might at well use that DNVR code (ALLCITY) for 10% off

Back