What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR SDE Marshawn Kneeland (Withdrawn from Portal)

This is weird but I’ll reserve judgement until the class complete. And I believe Charles Kelly recruited Will Anderson (who might be the #1 overall pick in the draft this year), so he clearly has some talent when it comes to talent evaluation/recruiting.
One of the best recruiters in college football “has some talent.”

He can back out until he’s actually enrolled at his new school
And can also apparently still be recruited by other schools. Essentially, ”signing” means nothing…I think?? Ergo, what’s the point?

What I can’t figure out from this thread is - did he withdraw, or was he released?

From what I gather, he withdrew, but after being told he wouldn't be a DE... I think they let him know he was going inside...

Just my take, obviously nothing confirmed 100% from what I have seen.
Yep. My reading of the tea leaves is that he wants to play Lang's position and that doesn't exist in this defense.

From what I gather, he withdrew, but after being told he wouldn't be a DE... I think they let him know he was going inside...

Just my take, obviously nothing confirmed 100% from what I have seen.
Thanks. That makes sense.

He's a pass rushing defensive end with above average athleticism. You don't cut a guy loose because he's an athletic 275 lber. Also, he's not a rotate between DT an DE guy. He's an end.

Believe it or not, this staff hasn't earned any kind of benefit of the doubt 🤷.

Just checking back in...

Do you take Upshaw and Domineck now, losing Kneeland?

Or do you say, I want that athletic 275lb DE in this system, regardless?

You do realize I'm taking both these guys AND Kneeland, right? I'm not saying turn down Upshaw and Dominick in favor of Kneeland.

Upshaw is a JAG though.
Upshaw is not a super star. But I would take any JAG that can have decent amount of playing time in a playoff team.

You do realize I'm taking both these guys AND Kneeland, right? I'm not saying turn down Upshaw and Dominick in favor of Kneeland.

Upshaw is a JAG though.
Boomer Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Listen fellas, you're all celebrating getting a guy who Michigan's fans are not going to miss outside of him "being a good kid" and a "hard worker".

The best thing about getting Upshaw is his scholarship will be free after one year.

Listen fellas, you're all celebrating getting a guy who Michigan's fans are not going to miss outside of him "being a good kid" and a "hard worker".

The best thing about getting Upshaw is his scholarship will be free after one year.
Let’s all hope your takes in this thread age as well as your prediction that we’d beat Air Force convincingly.

That seems to be the fallback on just about every program that doesn't get or loses a guy...

Latest example, the #2 player in the country and Miami... suddenly he doesn't have the character, not their type of player, wouldn't fit, just wasn't good enough... Many more cases during this entire last 4-5 weeks. Hell, I think many did the same with Coleman here after he flipped back...

Spare me. There isn't any fan that is gonna go crying back about a player. Everyone puts their big boy panties on and acts as if it doesn't bother them.

What? Did you even watch any Michigan games this year? Upshaw is not a hand on the ground, traditional DE :X3:
Let me explain what I mean. If a guy has no coverage ability, regardless of how he's lined up, 2 or 3 point stance, he's a traditional DE. He's got no ability in space. He and Kneeland are similar in that regard, so getting his scholarship opened up after one year is the biggest positive here.

That seems to be the fallback on just about every program that doesn't get or loses a guy...

Latest example, the #2 player in the country and Miami... suddenly he doesn't have the character, not their type of player, wouldn't fit, just wasn't good enough... Many more cases during this entire last 4-5 weeks. Hell, I think many did the same with Coleman here after he flipped back...

Spare me. There isn't any fan that is gonna go crying back about a player. Everyone puts their big boy panties on and acts as if it doesn't bother them.
Dumb...

Michigan fans love the kid. Does everything right, good person in the community. The UM fans say he'll probably be exactly what he was at Michigan. Will play his assignments correctly. Won't make plays, won't be a difference maker.

Back