What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 TNFR WR Jimmy Horn Jr. (Signed to COLORADO)

Holy crap. I am giddy. That is speed we haven't seen since P Rich, and maybe not even then.
girl snl GIF

Don't know the back story on his dad being in prison and frankly it is none of my business but this is powerful far beyond football.

Incarceration tends to become multi-generational. I had students who do to their family upbringing fully expected to end up doing time, that was the norm in their families.

Even in families where the father is the first one to go there is a high tendency for the son's to follow. Incarceration rates correspond directly to a families socio-economic situation and incarceration almost always pushes families into a much worse socio-economic situation than they would be otherwise.

What Prime is doing in this specific situation is taking a kid who has a lot of factors that could lead to negative outcomes and instead giving him both opportunity and more importantly guidance and support that is very likely to result in him not only not following his dad into the criminal justice system but to put him into a socio-economic situation where his kids are highly unlikely to end up there either.

We get excited about winning football games and I enjoy us being good on the field as much as anyone but it never hurts to remember that these players are real human beings with whole lives outside of football.

When Coach Prime finally does retire and sit back to look at this accomplishments all the things he accomplished as a player and a coach and even a broadcaster will be significant but I hope and expect that he will be able to enjoy even more the fact that he changed a bunch of lives for the better as he was doing all that.

Back