What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 CO OG Gage Ginther

MM says CU is Ginther's #1 because of CU and Prime making him a priority

31236f93-e7e8-43a5-aa6e-acf3039b4a3a_text.gif

The Vols pitch was probably, “sign with us to be sure that all your games will be shown on real TV and not some dang internet Mumbo-jumbo”.

Tennessee Football Ut GIF by Tennessee Athletics

Or …more likely, CU slowed down its contacts with this recruit. In this new era CU wants some 3* guys but doesn’t want to be over balanced with them. Things have changed a lot.

Frustrating when an in-state guy we want commits elsewhere.

But dominating in-state recruiting could be slower to happen than being a national recruiting powerhouse. So much more negativity to overcome from CU sucking their whole lives other than a couple of seasons & all the negativity from coaches and advisors who haven't had good experiences with CU and its recruiters.

It will happen, though.

I don't know how much want there was. Staff's offer a lot of players. If I am reading the OL tea leaves correctly, these 3* linemen currently on the roster aren't the solution. Have to ask ourselves, if he was not from CO, would he be a priority - no. He may get an offer, but he is probably being recruited over for immediate help in the portal once it re-opens.

Hope the kid goes to Tennessee and kicks butt. Not hard to choose to play in the best conference. But it’s also April so a lot can change before signing.

I don't know how much want there was. Staff's offer a lot of players. If I am reading the OL tea leaves correctly, these 3* linemen currently on the roster aren't the solution. Have to ask ourselves, if he was not from CO, would he be a priority - no. He may get an offer, but he is probably being recruited over for immediate help in the portal once it re-opens.
Hope the kid goes to Tennessee and kicks butt. Not hard to choose to play in the best conference. But it’s also April so a lot can change before signing.
Historically one of the issues with Colorado linemen is that they are hard to read because of the low level of competition. In high school you very rarely get to see them against D1 level defensive linemen.

The result is that you get some highly rated kids who never see the field at the college level and some others who step up and do well.

Good example is Dan Skipper who many didn't consider a big loss when he didn't go to CU. Ended up as a multi-year starter at Arkansas.

But for ever Skipper there are 3-4 guys who are highly rated, recruited by top 25 schools, and are never heard from again unless they transfer to a MWC school.

I don't worry about competition level with OLs. Most of them will be coached, trained and face great practice competition for 2-3 years before they see meaningful snaps. Just need to recruit for measurables, agility, toughness and football character. I look at Wisconsin and what they are able to do with this from a similar in-state foundation.

I don't worry about competition level with OLs. Most of them will be coached, trained and face great practice competition for 2-3 years before they see meaningful snaps. Just need to recruit for measurables, agility, toughness and football character. I look at Wisconsin and what they are able to do with this from a similar in-state foundation.
Wisconsin has traditionally recruited elite, blue chip OL

Eventually they attracted them. But they do quite a bit of in-state recruiting. OL, TE and LB primarily.
They do for sure, but their top in-state OL are usually 4-5* players. They obviously take the mid to high 3* in-state kids too, but their OL classes are almost always built around at least 1-2 elite preps.

My point regarding Ginther is that he would be a good take but is by no means a foundational piece to the 24 OL class

They do for sure, but their top in-state OL are usually 4-5* players. They obviously take the mid to high 3* in-state kids too, but their OL classes are almost always built around at least 1-2 elite preps.

My point regarding Ginther is that he would be a good take but is by no means a foundational piece to the 24 OL class
Wouldn't be hard to argue that the quality of line play in Wisconsin HS football is above that in Colorado. Their mid to high 3* in state guys have probably faced some better competition to judge them.

Good Ole Rocky Top
Home Sweet Home To Me
Etc, etc…..
Pretty badass song IMO even if the program is semi-corrupt….

Too bad the whole stadium looks like a massive Home Depot convention.
True, but I’ve always thought the checkerboard orange & white end zones were cool. The place seems to rock for important home games. And the song rules. It just does.

Back