What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Official Thread - COLORADO V OKIE STATE - DEC 29

I think players will get fired up for a bowl game...that's not the hard part. It is getting fired up for practice over the holiday that counts. It's all the fire and hard work that needs to go into the preparation.

...and you absolutely see teams that mail it in during the holidays. Some treat the bowl game as a kind of vacation. They think they will be fine if they just show up for the game. Think we saw some of that yesterday.

A win and a Top 10 finish would cap a simply spectacular finish to the season. Really excited

It is a very big deal.

Since 1960, only nine programs in the nation have achieved a top 10 ranking in every decade from the 1960s through the 2000s: Alabama, Auburn, Colorado, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State and Washington.

But if the Buffs can finish the year with another top 10 spot, they will be one of only five programs to achieve such status in each of the last six decades, joining Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Ohio State.

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2016/12/27/football-alamo-bowl-win-would-put-buffs-in-elite-company.aspx

Michigan and Washington should join us. Penn State could. Importantly, Nebraska needs to drop out.

Are CU and Okie Lite actually playing in the Alamo Bowl tonight? I ask this because judging by the E$ecPN CFB homepage, you certainly wouldn't know it. Except for the masthead at the top listing the time for the game, there are absolutely no items about it, CU, or OSU. And other than the recaps of the recent bowl games, virtually nothing on any other teams besides the four playoff teams. One of the drawbacks of the CFP I suppose.

Last edited:
Would expect our game to start on ESPN2 or ESPN News when I see the pace Arky and VA Tech are setting here.

If ESPN were worth a ****, they'd do a regional split and start the Alamo Bowl on the main channel in Colorado ( and Oaklanoma and maybe all of B12/P12 territory) and move the shoplifting bowl over to ESPN news.

Got it.
Seems like Phillip Lindsay and Sefo have enough energy and excitement to ignite the team.

I generally take Chiv's excitement in the context of CU's recruiting, which is fine.

I'm guessing some of Mac's players will go on to coaching careers after learning about how to motivate a team following their profound experience living through The Rise.
I do not completely believe that Sefo and Phillip are on the same page. Ever since Sefo started getting all the publicity and as soon as he started believing that he was the entire offense, things have gone downhill on the offense. I am very excited about tonight, but I wish next years offense and this years defense could have lined up with an experienced Montez. The ball needs to be distributed tonight by Sefo to the playmakers and not kept in his hands too much, either on runs, or taking sacks. Look forward to a repeat of the Colorado State game offense. Hopefully the practice time will bring that back to life!
Go Buffs!

Kickoff's been pushed back five minutes

That's not going to do it. I'm sure they'll start it on ESPNews since the other two (ESPN2 and ESPNU) both have CBB games on, and News only has Sports Centers scheduled ad infinitum. Here's hoping everyone has that channel.

And at the rate this game is going, it could very well go to OT.

Hah! Are we going up against Mike Gundy ... or Al Pacino in Serpico?

Max Olson ESPN Staff Writer

i

The famed Mike Gundy mullet is looking spectacular tonight. This might be his last game with the haircut, so let's enjoy it. Gundy says he'll cut his hair if his 12-year-old son gets good grades in his math class.
cc151ef0-f55e-47e1-b657-32a71a491bbf.jpg

I do not completely believe that Sefo and Phillip are on the same page. Ever since Sefo started getting all the publicity and as soon as he started believing that he was the entire offense, things have gone downhill on the offense. I am very excited about tonight, but I wish next years offense and this years defense could have lined up with an experienced Montez. The ball needs to be distributed tonight by Sefo to the playmakers and not kept in his hands too much, either on runs, or taking sacks. Look forward to a repeat of the Colorado State game offense. Hopefully the practice time will bring that back to life!
Go Buffs!

Reason why Sefo ran it a lot in second half of year is that defenses figured out our RPO and they let Sefo run the option rather than give up the pass.

Hope we figured out some ways to get our receivers open during bowl prep, cause OSU secondary is suspect.

Back