What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
new graphic guy appears to be for the whole AD and not just football
58376098_2223538217689062_4183468931383558144_n.jpg
Damn, some of those girls can’t be happy with the pictures he decided to use in that.

Happy to see another upgrade to our graphic design team. This will help recruiting and is always fun for us fans.

First we hired Derek Marckel from Toledo as a graphic designer back in April. Here’s some of his work so far:

Now we hired a Senior Graphic Designer from Oklahoma University:

Happy to see another upgrade to our graphic design team. This will help recruiting and is always fun for us fans.

First we hired Derek Marckel from Toledo as a graphic designer back in April. Here’s some of his work so far:

Now we hired a Senior Graphic Designer from Oklahoma University:

If a graphic designer sees Boulder as an upgrade from Norman, so should recruits!

2017 Columbine grad. Signed to UNC but appears to have left after a year because of injuries.

Jackson is a good friend of my brothers and I was friends with his older brother. 3 years ago he lost his mother to cancer and then shortly after his brother (my friend) committed suicide. He’s been through a lot. He’s one of the most gifted athletes and very personable. He will thrive in this role and I believe it’s just the beginning.

So what is he doing for CU?
His twitter bio says "assistant at the University of Colorado." He's not 1 of the 10 on-field assistants, so he is either a GA or some other type of coaching assistant that expands the staff with limitations on his on-the-road recruiting et al.

Tucker’s done a great job with his staff expansion with the non-assistants. Talented group.
This is a demonstration of attention to detail.

Hawkins talked about the "little things." If they can impact your winning and losing they aren't little things, they are details.

Getting the impression that MT takes care of the details.

"Darrin has done a really good job recruiting; he's relentless," Tucker said. "He has a really good feel for the University of Colorado and its history. And he's really stepped up and has been really helpful in our effort to create the football culture that we want to have here."

"It's a huge honor for me," Chiaverini said. "I have a ton of respect for Coach Tuck and what he's done for me, giving me the opportunity to stay at Colorado – it shows that he really believes in me. I'm looking forward to helping him build the Colorado program back to among the elite in college football."

Last edited:
I hope it means that Chev has embraced the Ed Orgeron career path. Becoming the highest paid assistant and an eventual head coach though your recruiting. Chev's value there is so much greater than it would be as a coordinator.

Back