What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All Pac-12 Era Buffs

Robert Sorell

Club Member
Club Member
Here's my All-Buffs team for the Pac 12 era:

1st Team:
KJ Simpson
McKinley Wright
Andre Roberson
Evan Battey
Josh Scott

2nd Team:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Derrick White
George King
Tyler Bey
Tristan da Silva

Honorable Mentions:
Askia Booker, Carlon Brown, Jabari Walker, Xavier Johnson

For reference, here are all the All Pac-12 recipients:

YearTeamPlayer
2012​
FirstAndre RobersonSo
2012​
SecondCarlon BrownSr
2013​
FirstSpencer DinwiddieSo
2013​
FirstAndre RobersonJr
2014​
FirstJosh ScottSo
2015​
SecondAskia BookerSr
2016​
FirstJosh ScottSr
2017​
FirstDerrick WhiteSr
2018​
SecondGeorge KingSr
2019​
FirstTyler BeySo
2019​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVSo
2020​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVJr
2020​
SecondTyler BeyJr
2021​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVSr
2022​
FirstJabari WalkerSo
2022​
SecondEvan BatteySr
2023​
FirstTristan da SilvaJr
2023​
SecondKJ SimpsonSo
2024​
FirstKJ SimpsonJr
2024​
SecondTristan da SilvaSr

Last edited:
we've had some great players. That's a tough list to choose from for the 1st team.

I think that is the correct 5.
I'd love to add Battey, but Joshwas really good.
Another year for D. White would possibly change things.
I feel like White was already there. Wish we could've seen him with some talent around him.

I love McKinley, but I can't throw him in a starting lineup with KJ as the other guard. Too small.

KJ
White
Dinwiddie
Roberson
Scott

Wright
King
TDS
Bey
Battey

Booker
XJ
Walker

Here's my All-Buffs team for the Pac 12 era:

1st Team:
KJ Simpson
McKinley Wright
Andre Roberson
Evan Battey
Josh Scott

2nd Team:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Derrick White
George King
Tyler Bey
Tristan da Silva

Honorable Mentions:
Askia Booker, Carlon Brown, Jabari Walker, Xavier Johnson

For reference, here are all the All Pac-12 recipients:

YearTeamPlayer
2012​
FirstAndre RobersonSo
2012​
SecondCarlon BrownSr
2013​
FirstSpencer DinwiddieSo
2013​
FirstAndre RobersonJr
2014​
FirstJosh ScottSo
2015​
SecondAskia BookerSr
2016​
FirstJosh ScottSr
2017​
FirstDerrick WhiteSr
2018​
SecondGeorge KingSr
2019​
FirstTyler BeySo
2019​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVSo
2020​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVJr
2020​
SecondTyler BeyJr
2021​
FirstMcKinley Wright IVSr
2022​
FirstJabari WalkerSo
2022​
SecondEvan BatteySr
2023​
FirstTristan da SilvaJr
2023​
SecondKJ SimpsonSo
2024​
FirstKJ SimpsonJr
2024​
SecondTristan da SilvaSr
Perfect post and perfect list, great Buffs all around, and goodbye PAC12

I've spent way too much time thinking about this. I'm going to go with accomplishments and in the case of a tie then the tiebreaker is talent. Some of you are going purely talent, which I get, but I can't justify putting DWhite who I absolutely love and his one season on this team over someone like Kin who was a four year badass. So with that....

* McKinley Wright IV
* KJ Simpson
* Spencer Dinwiddie
* Tyler Bey
* Josh Scott

Two 100% No Doubt On The Team Guys

* McKinley Wright IV - Own the school record for assists, double figure scoring games, double figure assist games and points-assists double doubles. Set numerous records here, and was a player that everyone wanted to kill for. Beloved by all. Dude is an all-time CU great period and deserves discussion for any all-time CU team. Nothing to discuss and if you don't have him on your team you're wrong. Period.

* Josh Scott - This one is going to be controversial I feel looking over some of the other teams, but I have no idea how some of you are leaving him off. Four year starter and completely changed how freshmen bigs are evaluated on this damn site for years and BuffStampede forever (it is not normal for a frosh to come in and put up double digits in points and play solid defense unless they're a one and done). His stats compare with Cliff Meely as they're the only two players to record 1,700 points, 900 boards and 100 blocked shots in their careers at CU. Internationally beloved by internet webstreamers showing exhibition games overseas.

Keeping My #Brand Strong

* Spencer Dinwiddie - Numbers wise, I'm not sure he 100% deserves it. For what he meant to the program and visibility, he's a lock. Started every game he played. Even though he only played 2.5 seasons for us, he still is #18 in minutes played in school history. But mostly remembered for helping CU hoops build a connection with the students and for that ****ing court in Washington that needs to be burnt to the ground.

* KJ Simpson - You win Pac-12 player of the year (**** you, I don't care what they said we all know the truth) you make the list. He's on.

Last Spot

* Tyler Bey - had a real hard time between this and the next guy on my list for the last spot but I'm giving it to Bey - and it's mostly because he played 3 years in the Pac vs the next guy who only played 2. Cannot get upset at anyone who goes with one over the other though.

Honorable Mention

* Andre Roberson - Was probably a better player than Bey, but went with 3 years vs 2 in the conference to decide the tie. But the penguin hat almost put Dre in over Bey.

* Evan Battey - the heartbeat of the program. Would love to get him on here because of what he meant to CU but there were too many people who just put up better numbers. But if we were doing an all-time heart team, dude is captain and leader.

* DWhite - only one year. Otherwise he's on the team.

* Askia Booker - for the Kansas shot alone. But because so many people focused on what he couldn't do, they missed what he could. He's #6 all time in scoring at CU. #2 in career games. #3 in minutes played. Only missed two games in his entire career. Dropped 43 points on Andy Enfield in a triple overtime win at USC.

I touched on this topic ahead of the season in my post on the All-Time Pac-12 Team -- https://rumblinbuff.blogspot.com/2023/12/the-all-time-pac-12-team.html

I focus on performance in the Pac-12, with earned accolades weighing heavily. To that end, my CU-centric 1st team would be:

Kin
KJ
'Dre
Ty
J40

Evan just misses the cut.

On some notable exclusions -- Spencer meant a whole hell of a lot to this program, but he only had one full season as a full-time starter, so he loses out on a lot of points in my book. I look at him the same way I do Derrick, that there's a lot of meat left on the bone. They're more talented than others on my list, yes, but the others impacted the conference more. Evan was painful to leave off, but he only ever made one 2nd team.

1st:
Stash/Dinwiddie
Battey
KJS
Roberson
Derrick White

2nd:
Scott
Ski Booker
Bey
Wright IV
XJ

Fan favorite: Ben Mills!

I'm going for firepower.

Give me Spencer & KJ in the backcourt with Jabari, Bey & Tristan.

Reactions: GRM
My best basketball team is different than my all pac-12 era team. Different question. Give me Jabari, Evan, Dre, Kin, & Spencer. We are getting every rebound ever, and we are crazy difficult to score on. Somehow, Tyler Bey doesn’t make my team, but I love that Jabari and Evan front court. I could be convinced to put White instead of Spencer.

My all pac-12 era team of Kin, KJ, Spencer, Dre and Josh Scott wouldn’t be a well built team, wouldn’t be awesome defensively and would be clunky offensively. Capable, but not awesome.

Back