What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alright, so how do we match up against Washington?

I can pretty much guarantee that Montez has gotten a C- grade in his first two games from the QB coach.

Is there some dynamic related to the Tumpkin deal where the team isn't buying into the coaches this year since they ( well Mac) aren't "walking the walk" after "talking the talk". It seems odd two team captains get suspended at the same time. Seems like there is a definite lack of leadership on the offensive side this year. Or am I expecting too much from 18-22 year old college kids?

I detect a serious fan hangover from the last two games of the previous season. Sure it's reasonable to doubt whether the buffs were really that good after those two smokings - but come on, 10-2 and could conceivably have been 12-0 before those two - we're back and we can play with anyone! Well at least I think we'll hang tough with Washington and wouldn't be surprised - almost expect - a CU victory. Wazzu coaches know it's potentially a tough game, but sometimes it's hard to convince 20-year olds who dominated the game just 9 months ago. Looking forward to it. And not really concerned if buff performance against UNC is uninspired - hard to avoid looking ahead a bit.

From I've seen - not good. From what I don't know (super secret game planning and intensity)- maybe ok??
Are we really holding back secret plays and dialing down our intensity so that we can surprise Washington? I just can't see it.

If we can't execute vanilla, then we sure can't execute neapolitan. More importantly, Peterson lead teams are always ready to play their best, regardless of what we throw at them. I'm afraid Washington isn't going to care about us opening our playbook.
Sorry, my sarcasm font wasn't working...

I'm not buying the "revenge" angle. Or the crowded, national exposure angle either. The Buffs supposedly had a chip on their shoulder from not being ranked and that hasn't really played out. And they played in front of one the largest crowds to ever watch a RMS on the only (worthwhile) game of the night...that didn't really seem to fire up the intensity. Ergo, I'm not convinced that they are going to be able to dial it up against UDub (not WAZZU).
Furthermore - if two starters/captains, who were suspended, are going to just step into the O-line and provide some sort of instant elixir after not playing a game yet this year, that's asking a lot.

I'm afraid we're going to get absolutely smoked. D has been good but they've been susceptible to giving up long passes. They were saved by a few drops/OPI and a lucky stumble by TSU. You better believe Washington is going to hit on those eelvery chance they get and exploit the DB's.

UDub didn't look that great against an atrocious Rutgers team in week 1. We absolutely have a good chance in this game.

By Folsom magic do we mean a phantom OPI or two?
Sorry. That's Mile High Magic. And even if the PAC 12 refs did anything on purpose; they would be pushing Washington toward undefeated status for the playoffs, not the Buffs.

I figure lots of CSU fans will be watching this and bleating.

It would make me happier to know we've gone vanilla on offense on purpose so far - if we were actually good at running those vanilla, core plays. While the play calling is lackluster and less than creative, and that certainly concerns me, it's our weak, sissy blocking that is the main concern at the moment. Somebody wrote this on here a few days ago (96?): the offense is soft.

It would make me happier to know we've gone vanilla on offense on purpose so far - if we were actually good at running those vanilla, core plays. While the play calling is lackluster and less than creative, and that certainly concerns me, it's our weak, sissy blocking that is the main concern at the moment. Somebody wrote this on here a few days ago (96?): the offense is soft.
I think it's valid to convince yourself that the lackluster vanilla performance is a brilliant ploy by the coaching staff, if it makes you feel happy. I'm thinking (hoping) it's just working out early season kinks. Nice opening schedule allows that this year. It does seem that "softness" might be an innate characteristic and not related to motivation, maybe the next couple of games will clarify.

To tag on to what Calibuff said, UW has done the following:
  • @ Rutgers 30-14. Rutgers has since lost 16-13 to Eastern Michigan
  • Vs Montana 63-7. Montana was behind Valpo in the 2nd quarter before turning it around and winning solidly
While UW has gone on the road to Rutgers, facing the Buffs in Folsom is an entirely different conversation.

They did to Montana what they should have done. Let's see how UNC goes and UW against Fresno State.

I think the defense will do okay but unless Irwin provides a huge boost it could get ugly up front offensively.

If we run the ball like we have the first two weeks.....Buffs will be run over. Running game....except the long run by the TD against CSU...has been pretty awful...

Washington played for the national championship last season.
If we are close at the end, that's a moral victory during a season of semi-rebuilding.

That being said, I think we will hang with them and have a potential shot at the end.

If we are close at the end, that's a moral victory during a season of semi-rebuilding.

That being said, I think we will hang with them and have a potential shot at the end.
Don't discount the fact this game will be prime #Pac12AfterDark. Weird stuff happens in the west when the sun goes down.

Washington played for the national championship last season?

Back