What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

an editorial and possible weekly breakdown of good v. evil.

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
bad guys who won this week (week 1)

ohio state
michigan state
bama
baylor
usc
baylor
miami
asu
penn state
nebraska

good guys who won this week:

michigan
pitt
cal
stanford

and there you have it. trends are obvious.

I approve of the choice to decide bailer is evil enough to list them twice.

How is Stanford a good guy? They have a 40 billion dollar endowment built on the backs of railroad slave labor. And how is Michigan any different than Ohio State?

How is Stanford a good guy? They have a 40 billion dollar endowment built on the backs of railroad slave labor. And how is Michigan any different than Ohio State?
michigan and stanford maintain academic standards and do not sell their souls to win. this separates them from others. this is a pretty clear line at this point. either you go total mercenary and pay no mind to academics, standards or the athlete's well being or you do not.

the big and the sec are going to be the nfl minor league sooner rather than later. the idea of college football is dead.

you don't like my analysis, make up your own, but it is pretty ****ing clear to me. if you are prepared to do anything to win and don't actually give a **** about any other aspect of college football, then this new era is the right one.

bad guys who won this week (week 1)

ohio state
michigan state
bama
baylor
usc
baylor
miami
asu
penn state
nebraska

good guys who won this week:

michigan
pitt
cal
stanford

and there you have it. trends are obvious.
I now know that you can’t decipher good and evil if you’re listing UMich and Pitt as good…

They also developed TCP/IP. By that take, all modern interconnected computers and the information that they contain, including websites such as Allbuffs, were built on the backs of railroad slave labor.

Can I add the Texas Longhorns to the first list? They wander the countryside wrecking conferences with hubris and a friendly smile.

michigan and stanford maintain academic standards and do not sell their souls to win. this separates them from others. this is a pretty clear line at this point. either you go total mercenary and pay no mind to academics, standards or the athlete's well being or you do not.

the big and the sec are going to be the nfl minor league sooner rather than later. the idea of college football is dead.

you don't like my analysis, make up your own, but it is pretty ****ing clear to me. if you are prepared to do anything to win and don't actually give a **** about any other aspect of college football, then this new era is the right one.
If we wanted to apply Trogdor's criteria there are zero good schools in the country. Every school in the nation is built on land appropriated either dishonestly or by force from the native peoples who were there when European culture came to what is now those states.

I find it tremendously unproductive to try to assign guilt in our modern age for things that were done by people who were long dead before any of us were born.

Be aware of what happened, try to make a more just society now, but we can't impose our sense of justice on those who are long dead to the benefit of those who are long dead.

And all major programs make some compromises to benefit their football programs, it comes down to the nature of those compromises, the severity of those compromises and the frequency and/or duration of those compromises.

Do schools make a legitimate attempt to not only offer but to encourage their student athletes to take advantage of the opportunity to complete a valuable education and graduate, to make the connections that will be the foundations of their professional networks should/when they don't end up playing professionally.

Again all schools have some things to be embarrassed or less than proud about but there is a difference when they are giving athletes false educations (UNC), tolerating criminal activity against other athletes and students (Baylor,) covering for those who do great harm to others to try to protect themselves from scandal (Penn State, Michigan State,) or even do some of all of this because winning is more important than anything else (Nebraska.)

In my weekly Other Games submissions I have had some posters complain that I was being harsh on certain schools (probably schools they are connected to) but I have no problem with it. I don't mind pointing out things that the schools themselves should never be tolerating and if they made the real changes to prevent those things in the future I would ease off but I keep seeing schools deny or try to cover their guilt because winning is more important than those who are the victims.

If we wanted to apply Trogdor's criteria there are zero good schools in the country. Every school in the nation is built on land appropriated either dishonestly or by force from the native peoples who were there when European culture came to what is now those states.

I find it tremendously unproductive to try to assign guilt in our modern age for things that were done by people who were long dead before any of us were born.

Be aware of what happened, try to make a more just society now, but we can't impose our sense of justice on those who are long dead to the benefit of those who are long dead.

And all major programs make some compromises to benefit their football programs, it comes down to the nature of those compromises, the severity of those compromises and the frequency and/or duration of those compromises.

Do schools make a legitimate attempt to not only offer but to encourage their student athletes to take advantage of the opportunity to complete a valuable education and graduate, to make the connections that will be the foundations of their professional networks should/when they don't end up playing professionally.

Again all schools have some things to be embarrassed or less than proud about but there is a difference when they are giving athletes false educations (UNC), tolerating criminal activity against other athletes and students (Baylor,) covering for those who do great harm to others to try to protect themselves from scandal (Penn State, Michigan State,) or even do some of all of this because winning is more important than anything else (Nebraska.)

In my weekly Other Games submissions I have had some posters complain that I was being harsh on certain schools (probably schools they are connected to) but I have no problem with it. I don't mind pointing out things that the schools themselves should never be tolerating and if they made the real changes to prevent those things in the future I would ease off but I keep seeing schools deny or try to cover their guilt because winning is more important than those who are the victims.
1662331252303.gif

Stanford's commitment to academics is founded, literally, upon their multi billion dollar endowment. They were born on 3rd base. Meanwhile Oregon or WSU or whoever don't have academic standards because they're public schools with tiny regional population? Come on. Oregon's acceptance rate is way down, their average HS GPA and SAT are way up, directly proportional to the success of the football program.

Who thinks Michigan State is a bad guy? lol. FFS.

They also developed TCP/IP. By that take, all modern interconnected computers and the information that they contain, including websites such as Allbuffs, were built on the backs of railroad slave labor.
It's no netbeui.

Stanford's commitment to academics is founded, literally, upon their multi billion dollar endowment. They were born on 3rd base. Meanwhile Oregon or WSU or whoever don't have academic standards because they're public schools with tiny regional population? Come on. Oregon's acceptance rate is way down, their average HS GPA and SAT are way up, directly proportional to the success of the football program.

Who thinks Michigan State is a bad guy? lol. FFS.
Are you flippin kidding, Oh, Michigan State is one of the good guys. All you have to do is look past the at least 37 substantive allegations of sexual abuse/misconduct by athletes predominantly from football and basketball. The "good" guys

And that isn't even considering that they happened to be the school that despite being informed many times continued to employ and cover up for "Dr. Nasty" Larry Nasser.

Keep in mind that the reason there was a job open for Mel Tucker is that former HC Mark Dantionio abruptly resigned two weeks before signing day facing a multitude of recruiting charges. This coming off multiple consecutive bowl seasons.

Things like this example are not the sign of a healthy culture.

Every school has some issues, take more than 100 young men (or women) away from home and the families that guided them and turn them loose among thousands of other young people and some are going make bad decisions.

The difference comes when the school and it's athletic program are willing to accept these things in the name of protecting the reputation of the school and of making more money. With the quantity of things on the Michigan State record it is hard to believe that they aren't willing to accept a culture that includes a lot of bad to get the glory.

The Larry Nasser situation just cements that reality.

But in your world just keep covering for the "blue collar guy" ignoring the facts.

By the way yes Stanford has a massive endowment, the foundations of which were built on railroad money. Money which while you can argue was built on abusive labor practices was not built on slave labor. That endowment makes it possible for a significant portion of the students to attend Stanford at very low cost or even free. A student body which unlike the schools you defend is less than half white and includes a substantial number of students from below average income families

1662399487278.png
So yes Michigan State wins more football games but that isn't a criteria for being a "good guy."

fuskers are irrelevant but def evil... they will be on the list as the season progresses... if they actually win more games, which once they get to conference play sees unlikely.

michigan state =,evil. penn state = evil. and so forth.

this list is intended to focus on the evil winners for the week and the relatively few good guys that accidentally win games. there are of course far more of the former than the latter.

the historical stain of the things these schools may have done foundationally is not a part of the analysis. i am particularly looking at modern era bad ****ing behavior and a clear desire to put winning ahead of anything else. like learning, just for example.

There’s like, 110 more FBS schools. Can I get a ruling in those?
Vandy? They won.
Wisconsin won.
Where does UVA fall?
What level of academics are we talking about? How far back do we go for transgressions?
What about just generally clean programs?

There’s like, 110 more FBS schools. Can I get a ruling in those?
Vandy? They won.
Wisconsin won.
Where does UVA fall?
What level of academics are we talking about? How far back do we go for transgressions?
What about just generally clean programs?
it is all subjective based upon my emotional state at the time of the writing. but, if a program has a long history of cheating or doing horrible things, they are definitely going to make the evil list.

you don't have to be a prestigious academic institution to make the good list but you can't be printing diplomas worth a bucket of warm snot (kjuco state for example) or you definitely heading toward the evil list.

The good has been blotted out and is nothing more than a tiny speck in a universe of awful football. if i am sober enough and not quietly weeping in a corner after the inevitable loss to Minnesota, i may be able to spew forth a few random profundities on the essence and nature of good and evil in football..

“Anything approaching the change that came over his features I have never seen before, and hope never to see again. He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision—he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath: “‘The horror! The horror!”

The good has been blotted out and is nothing more than a tiny speck in a universe of awful football. if i am sober enough and not quietly weeping in a corner after the inevitable loss to Minnesota, i may be able to spew forth a few random profundities on the essence and nature of good and evil in football..
That guy spelled "whore" wrong.

we cannot seem to agree on good v. evil (it is relative and back when we were good, it was driven almost exclusively by whether an outcome is good or bad for CU),

now beaically nothing is good for CU because we are beyond salvation and hope with this staff. i used to be able to work up a red hot rage against outlaw programs like ohio state because if they lost, we would typically move up the rankings. we are but a speed bump in modern football and we would like to be upgraded to an afterthought someday again.

so, maybe i will spend a little time here, gloating when evil teams (e.g. texassssss) lose...

HA. HA.

take that you evil bastards.

there was a slight correction albeit quite small in the universe this week.

the following totally evil slime bag programs lost:

pedo state
fuskers
usc
bailer
bama

it isn't enough for us to feel karmic relief and justice, but seeing the bad guys take a beating is always a good thing.

and, we ****ing won a ****ing game. if we had a coach and the right support we would be what utah is-- tough physical and able to beat the factories from time to time.

sure, a bunch of evil slime bag programs won, but i shall focus on and enjoy the setbacks dealt to the ****ers above.

Back