What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you rooting for the Big 12?

Are you rooting for the Big 12?

• Yes

• No

• Selectively

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
On the one hand, Big 12 success could mean 2 or 3 bids to the playoffs.

On the other hand, Fvck 'em!

On the other hand, there's really not much bad blood with them except a few.

On the other hand, Fvck em!

Mostly no, but there are a few I’ll root for situationally.

I have no antipathy for West Virginia, so until we see them in the champ game or on the schedule, go Eers!

**** all the PAC coattail riders.

Texas tech until we play them.

UCF after we run them out of their own yard

the rest I’m pretty nonplused

i'm not a "conference rah rah" guy. If it helps CU, I'm in.

I go back to Big 8 days and I thought it was a fun conference, especially in hoops at the end.....sending 5 teams to the Dance*** tho Kansas can always suck it. In football, Big 8 had three teams win NC's in it's last decade and 4 total if I am right. OU 85/86? CU 90, NU 95, 96?. Competitive sport was not the Big 8's problem, only population density in the (d)evolving mediascape.....first casualty of the conference realignments. Trendsetter.

So, old Big 8 teams vs the Texas teams, maybe.

I have an uncle who is an Ok State alum living in Phoenix I visit from time to time, great guy, donor type......so I kinda pull for the Pokes. and I like Ollie Gordon, similar combo of speed, moves, power reminds me of Rashaan a bit. Note to Mike Gundy: line Ollie up 10 yards deep in the I, switch to astroturf. jus sayin'.

So there's that, too.

I think Iowa State fans are generally pretty cool in my experience so maybe the Clones. I pull for them to beat Iowa in that one, but they never do.

None of that is locked in, tho.

***edit: a few years back ESPN types were wetting themselves on air with glee when the Big East sent half its teams to the tournament, the hyperbole was out of control. Big 8 had 5/8. More than half. Wankers.

also looking forward to the meteor hit when KU and U of A play in hoops. delicious.

Last edited:
Yes, because it helps CU. We want the Big XII to win non-con games because it helps our SOS, it gets more Big XII teams ranked, and that gets the Big XII more media attention, which help CU not only now but helps the entire conference going forward.
Once we prove we’re one of the contenders, I prefer everyone else sucks so they we can get ourselves to the top. Once that happens, then yes, I’d like to look down on a successful conference.

Once we prove we’re one of the contenders, I prefer everyone else sucks so they we can get ourselves to the top. Once that happens, then yes, I’d like to look down on a successful conference.
We have more opportunity to raise our profile if our competition/ conference is seen as good. If the Big XII looks strong, it has a chance at 2 playoff berths. If it's seen as weak, it gets only 1.

We have more opportunity to raise our profile if our competition/ conference is seen as good. If the Big XII looks strong, it has a chance at 2 playoff berths. If it's seen as weak, it gets only 1.
I’m not talking about our “profile”. I’m talking about actually winning more games than we lose right now.

I’m not talking about our “profile”. I’m talking about actually winning more games than we lose right now.
And I'm saying I want us to be good, rather than just hoping that all of our opponents suck (which isn't good for us in the gea dwr scheme of things long term).

I have developed a bit of a soft spot for the Kansas teams, particularly KU. I lived in KS for a big stretch; Lawrence is a really cool town and feels like a Midwest iteration of Boulder in so many respects. Made a lot of connections with KU and KState fans over the years and generally find them to be good natured, hospitable people that I am happy to know. I will probably always pull for KU unless they are playing us, and will pull for KState usually, unless they are playing KU or us.

Could give a rats ass about anyone else, tbh. Okie Lite annoys me for some reason though, so **** them.

I have developed a bit of a soft spot for the Kansas teams, particularly KU. I lived in KS for a big stretch; Lawrence is a really cool town and feels like a Midwest iteration of Boulder in so many respects. Made a lot of connections with KU and KState fans over the years and generally find them to be good natured, hospitable people that I am happy to know. I will probably always pull for KU unless they are playing us, and will pull for KState usually, unless they are playing KU or us.

Could give a rats ass about anyone else, tbh. Okie Lite annoys me for some reason though, so **** them.
Im from KC originally... **** KU and their insufferable fanbase and **** K-state and their bull**** power towel.... **** Baylor...because **** Baylor.... **** Iowa st for the Clete Blakeman and tornado games.... **** okie lite and the mullet. **** texas tech, **** Houston, **** the pac12 cast offs, **** that mickey mouse fake national title winning Ucf, **** the hillbilly wvu ****s and **** cinci and their bull**** skyline chili and **** Byu

Im from KC originally... **** KU and their insufferable fanbase and **** K-state and their bull**** power towel.... **** Baylor...because **** Baylor.... **** Iowa st for the Clete Blakeman and tornado games.... **** okie lite and the mullet. **** texas tech, **** Houston, **** the pac12 cast offs, **** that mickey mouse fake national title winning Ucf, **** the hillbilly wvu ****s and **** cinci and their bull**** skyline chili and **** Byu
College Gameday was interviewing WVU’s coach this morning and they were giving WVU a good chance to upset Penn St. MacAfee says, good luck coach, and “if you guys pull this off, the couches better watch out” (in reference to them burning couches after wins)…the Game Day dudes were laughing their asses off bc I’m pretty sure they took that as something else.

I don’t even know what other teams are in the big 12 anymore and by the time I get used to it, I expect another round of re-alignment. So, I’ll probably accidentally cheer either for or against the big 12 in any random game.

office space no GIF

I think it depends on the situation. Was I hoping West Virginia beat Penn State? You bet. Do I really care about Cincinnati beating Towson? No.

I root for CU, Air Force (typically get to a game down there a fall), and Oklahoma (friend on staff there). Other than that, its whatever is good for my pocketbook.

Since we are viewed as being outside of the elite duo of the B1G SEC, it‘s going to be easier to root for the Big 12 and ACC.

So glad the U whooped those Gators in Gainesville but bummed by Pedo State beating WVU.

Back