What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best and worst fan bases to visit

The only time I've been somewhat concerned for my safety at a game was after the Big 12 championship in 2001. Lots of threats and **** talk from UT fans, to be fair, I was throwing the upside down horns to everyone I saw in burnt orange.

Unsolicited CSB time:
I was at the UF/aTm game a few years ago... Manziel's first season, and, more importantly, the Aggies' first game in the SEC. They were remarkably, uncomfortably nice, all the way around. Everyone says they're nice as a fan base (albeit, yes, a little weird), but I like to think we got some extra special friendliness, as they were just so damn happy to be done with the Big XII and into the SEC.

The CSB, though, had more to do with my wife. Her father, despite being a Jewish kid from NYC, actually went to school at A&M, and was in the corps. Well, he passed away a couple of years before she and I started dating, and this game was less than a year into our relationship, so it was still relatively recent. At some point during the pre-game tailgating, she was wandering around and found a group of corps alumni from right before her father's graduation year. She introduced herself, told them about her dad, and chatted for a bit. None of the guys present knew him, but a couple of months later she received a letter from one of the tailgaters. He'd looked up some guys he knew from her dad's graduation class and compiled a bunch of information about her dad's time at A&M. He included an A&M-related memento of some kind, and encouraged us to come back some time so they could show us around campus and fill in some of the corps history for her, as it related to her father, generally considering us honorary kin. It was a very kind, very sweet gesture, and obviously quite moving for her. We don't play A&M in College Station until 2022, but 100% guarantee we'll be making that trip, if not before (even keeping an eye on basketball and baseball schedules).

Unsolicited CSB time:
I was at the UF/aTm game a few years ago... Manziel's first season, and, more importantly, the Aggies' first game in the SEC. They were remarkably, uncomfortably nice, all the way around. Everyone says they're nice as a fan base (albeit, yes, a little weird), but I like to think we got some extra special friendliness, as they were just so damn happy to be done with the Big XII and into the SEC.

The CSB, though, had more to do with my wife. Her father, despite being a Jewish kid from NYC, actually went to school at A&M, and was in the corps. Well, he passed away a couple of years before she and I started dating, and this game was less than a year into our relationship, so it was still relatively recent. At some point during the pre-game tailgating, she was wandering around and found a group of corps alumni from right before her father's graduation year. She introduced herself, told them about her dad, and chatted for a bit. None of the guys present knew him, but a couple of months later she received a letter from one of the tailgaters. He'd looked up some guys he knew from her dad's graduation class and compiled a bunch of information about her dad's time at A&M. He included an A&M-related memento of some kind, and encouraged us to come back some time so they could show us around campus and fill in some of the corps history for her, as it related to her father, generally considering us honorary kin. It was a very kind, very sweet gesture, and obviously quite moving for her. We don't play A&M in College Station any time soon, but 100% guarantee we'll be making that trip when it happens, if not before (even keeping an eye on basketball and baseball schedules).
Very cool story.

Best: TTU - went with a whole crew including @jsmilkst - don't remember if @RumblinBuff was with us or not. Stayed in Amarillo, but had a ton of fun in Lubbock. Beat the hell out of them, fans were great before, during and after.

Better than expected - Ohio State and Michigan - granted, both were losses, but good interactions with fans.

Worse than expected - Miami - generally treated us like we didn't deserve to breath the same air - granted the team was **** at that point, but still
- Nubraska - I know we hate them, but the fake personna "good fans" bull**** goes right away when you beat them.

Worst - almost a tie - U$C just barely loses to ASU. I have never met a more entitled, arrogant, bull**** fan than ASU. I hate those ****ers.

Oh, and AZ fans in bball. screw them too.

Believe it or not, the U$C fans are pretty welcoming in tailgates around the Coliseum for opposing fans who are not wearing UCLA or Notre Dame gear. Have a beer, they say.

Back