What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blake Street Tavern closing?

It can’t be business related. Otherwise why would you close your sports bar that’s located a block away from Coors Field at the beginning of the baseball season?

Am sorry to see them go, but hopefully they have other plans for the next phase of their lives.

That's too bad. Can't be due to lack of business, right?
Have no idea.

Rising costs shrinks already thin margins that restaurants run on. The minimum wage in Denver is over $17.

It has to be really bad if they’re closing right before the Rockies season

Denver Gazette has a story but offers no insight as to why. Just that it is and that they want to do one final Opening Day.

I’ve only been there once, for a Buff game, and it was an absolute mad house. This really sucks. Especially because they are such CU boosters.

Condos? Really? Geez. I always knew that they sat on primo real estate so it was obviously just a matter of time.

Now is not the best time to be building condos In Denver. The financing costs are double what they were a year ago, and the market is getting saturated.
Agree with this although the Ball Park area should still be in demand due to proximity to downtown and entertainment.

Also have absolutely zero information about this but it would be no surprise to see to see the owners open up at a new location some time in the near future.

They have a formula that works. With the combination of Covid shock and the impact of E-retailing they should have some very suitable spaces opening sometime soon. Brick and mortar retailers are still struggling as are a lot of food and drink establishments, especially with the difficulties in finding and paying labor.

With the uncertainty of future conditions I could see landlords being willing to give them a good deal on a space knowing their record of success and stability.

The Rockies cabal built their big complex across from Coors field. I haven’t seen it yet but I’m sure they don’t mind seeing competitors shut down.

If the BST guys want to reopen in a new location, lease costs around Coors Field would be prohibitive.

Come on over to DNVR for the watch parties! Great bar, RK part of ownership and official location for the Denver Forever Buffs. There are reasons we did not pick Blake Street last year when we picked DNVR. Better people involved with DNVR. Leave it at that

Come hang out at @dnvrbar with us this Friday to cheer on our Buffs as they take on Iowa in the Sweet Sixteen! 🏀🦬

🍻bring your DFB x DNVR glass for $2 off a Breck Brew or buy a glass there for $15 and get $2 off a beer at every DFB Watch Party from now until the end of time

📆 Friday 3/24
🕠 5:30 tip off
📍Corner of Colfax and York

SKO BUFFS

1679452914123.png

It's amazing and look back at what that area was like 30 years ago prior to when Coors was built (or even 20 years ago) and think that they'd be knocking down a building like that to put up multi-million dollar condos.

1. In my interview trip out here in 2013, a colleague took a group of us to Blake Street Tavern for pre-game before going to see the Rockies, which turned out to be the first CO sports team I attended. I have a sense of nostalgia for the place.

2. When i first moved here, the VT alumni group hosted FB watch parties at Blake Street Tavern. I didn't know anyone, but decided to check it out for a VT/UVA game to end the regular season, winner got the division championship.

Mags bailed on me during Q1 and went shopping, so I was tasked with exercising social skills among strangers.

Some raffle was going on, and I won two pitchers of beer. I immediately had all kinds of friends.

Last edited:
Lazy Dog was a solid sports bar in Boulder, but that’s gone now. Dark Horse is interesting. I’m not even sure I’d classify it as a sports bar, but I guess it qualifies as such. I always thought of it as a quirky bar/restaurant that happened to show some sports on a couple TV sets. Kind of like The Sink.

Seriously, what is the Dark Horse lacking that you want in a "good, well run sports bar"
What he should have said is the downtown area of Boulder is dying for a good, well run sports bar. The Dark Horse is a good spot and is convenient for MBB games and people who want to drive and park at a place. For students who live on the Hill, on Pearl or Arapahoe, along with people who come in town for football games (or just to visit) and stay at hotels on the North side of campus and want to walk everywhere, the Dark Horse doesn't cut it.

I feel like we rehash this every few months. I complain about Old Chicago closing, someone says Old C's sucks, I say yeah but they were the only actual sports bar in the area and then we discuss how cost prohibitive it is to have a primarily sports themed restaurant/bar in that area

Lazy Dog was a solid sports bar in Boulder, but that’s gone now. Dark Horse is interesting. I’m not even sure I’d classify it as a sports bar, but I guess it qualifies as such. I always thought of it as a quirky bar/restaurant that happened to show some sports on a couple TV sets. Kind of like The Sink.
Lazy Dog is gone? Damn

Back