What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bronco Mendenhall - Former HC at UVA & BYU

I think that was about Rocky Mountain guy (and wife + staff) in the Mid Atlantic region. I don't think religion really played into it unless his family struggled to find an LDS church & community, which would have been tough on the family.
So, Rocky Mountain guy on the giant piece of cardboard that is NE. Still, seems like a weird fit to me.

So, Rocky Mountain guy on the giant piece of cardboard that is NE. Still, seems like a weird fit to me.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I don't want Bronco at nebraska. Regardless with what happens with our hire at CU, I still like Bronco. Always have.
Their fan base thinks they are way more deserving than Bronco. So they will get some other unproven head coach who will talk about how bad Riley and Frost was and then they will be back looking in three years.

I really thought Bronco was going to be the guy and was excited about it. I thought he was the perfect fit- from the West, wanting to be here, football HC experience, running a clean program/integrity, good mentoring to young people, great character, good football X/O’s….

I get the sense that he really wanted to be here and wasn’t afraid of the known challenges.

I get that people want the excitement of Prime Time but I think Bronco would have been in this for the long haul and to see it through. Sanders is gonna have a lot of future options and he could do great here, but I could have seen Bronco being the next Tad Boyle and making CU football fun again.

do any of the other bronco supporters here think there’s still a chance he’s the guy? It’s been so quiet….. maybe it’s still him??

I don’t know how you couldn’t be excited about him being at CU, but I’m just one CU fan who isn’t a big time booster

I really thought Bronco was going to be the guy and was excited about it. I thought he was the perfect fit- from the West, wanting to be here, football HC experience, running a clean program/integrity, good mentoring to young people, great character, good football X/O’s….

I get the sense that he really wanted to be here and wasn’t afraid of the known challenges.

I get that people want the excitement of Prime Time but I think Bronco would have been in this for the long haul and to see it through. Sanders is gonna have a lot of future options and he could do great here, but I could have seen Bronco being the next Tad Boyle and making CU football fun again.

do any of the other bronco supporters here think there’s still a chance he’s the guy? It’s been so quiet….. maybe it’s still him??

I don’t know how you couldn’t be excited about him being at CU, but I’m just one CU fan who isn’t a big time booster
I hope he is still an option. But we really need to make every possible effort on Prime before we turn to a different candidate imo.

I hope he is still an option. But we really need to make every possible effort on Prime before we turn to a different candidate imo.
What were the main factors that persuaded you away from Mendenhall as your top choice?

Back