What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bryan Harsin - HC Boise State University

Is this actually true though? I’m only interested now based on him being available and *gulp* mentioned as a potential candidate here. Ugh.

It seems BSU’s dropoff coincided more with their move from the WAC to the MWC. Harsin’s win percentage, both overall and in-conference, is pretty close to Petersen’s record the last 3 seasons in the MWC.
Yeah, take out 2020 and he won 10,11, 10, 12 games his final 4 years there.

Never really thought it would work out at Auburn but didn’t envision it getting as bad as it did. Not my preference for CU but I’m not convinced he’s a bad coach.
I'm more concerned about his player attrition at Auburn than his record.

Is this actually true though? I’m only interested now based on him being available and *gulp* mentioned as a potential candidate here. Ugh.

It seems BSU’s dropoff coincided more with their move from the WAC to the MWC. Harsin’s win percentage, both overall and in-conference, is pretty close to Petersen’s record the last 3 seasons in the MWC.
I think the drop off occurred after AD Gene Bleymaier left after 2011. Still good program, but not quite as good.

Pederson was a very coach to come out of Boise but other than that the record has been spotty at best.

CU doesn't need someone who can take over a program and run it. That is basically what Boise coaches have been doing. The system is in place, the recruiting networks are in place, the support staff is in place.

CU doesn't have that stuff. We need a builder, somebody who can come in and put all those things in place.

I don't see anything that tells me Harsin is that guy.

Petersen essentially had one "off" season in his last five years there. Otherwise they were a perennial top 20 team losing two games a year at most. Harsin took over and basically had them plateaued as a fringe top 25 team losing at least three games a year.

Petersen essentially had one "off" season in his last five years there. Otherwise they were a perennial top 20 team losing two games a year at most. Harsin took over and basically had them plateaued as a fringe top 25 team losing at least three games a year.
I guess I just don’t see that big a difference. Petersen’s winning percentage in the MWC was .815 overall and .826 in conference compared to Harsin who was .784 and .849 respectively.

Petersen’s 2011 team was the last top 10 BSU team and they had the benefit of opening the season ranked in the top 5, which didn’t happen again. 2011 was also the last year the MWC only played 7 conference games - they went to 8 beginning in 2012 and BSU has been a 2-3 loss team ever since.

I guess I just don’t see that big a difference. Petersen’s winning percentage in the MWC was .815 overall and .826 in conference compared to Harsin who was .784 and .849 respectively.

Petersen’s 2011 team was the last top 10 BSU team and they had the benefit of opening the season ranked in the top 5, which didn’t happen again. 2011 was also the last year the MWC only played 7 conference games - they went to 8 beginning in 2012 and BSU has been a 2-3 loss team ever since.
Thanks for the stats. Just based off my memory they dropped off a little when Harsin took over

Thanks for the stats. Just based off my memory they dropped off a little when Harsin took over
They definitely dropped off, I’m just wondering if it actually began to occur before Harsin took over with a new AD and in a new conference.

The main difference between the two was the non-conference games.

He hates recruiting.
You have followed him more closely over the last couple years, so I will take your word for it, but a top 20ish class last year and a half dozen or so 4 stars this class seems like somebody down there was recruiting.

The main difference between the two was the non-conference games.
In what way, their record? Ok maybe a little, but then Harsin had a better conference record than Petersen in the MWC.

And I’m not even advocating for Harsin, more that I don’t see the “elephant in the room”. Boise looks to me like it began to drop off in 2012, not in 2014 when Harsin took over.

Hell to the no What he has done with his roster this year is not something you can gloss over.

I wouldn't hate it if we went this way.......but I'd much rather hire Bronco.

He's shown he can build a culture. Harsin hasn't ever had to do that.

Back