What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff specific NIL Thread

True, but in this case, if you’re worried about a tax deduction, you’re probably not a good fit at this point anyway. The tax deduction is nice, but not critical to this group. Also, the belief is the contributions will be tax deductible for 2023, though that’s not the sales pitch.

The really exciting thing to me is that they are uncovering new donors, some of whom don’t trust the Athletic Dept to wisely spend their contributions. So this is a better option for them. Numerous donors have each contributed $100,000 plus to the Collective. I expect this to made public at some point.

One other thing is I believe Cormani got a sweet NIL deal from what I am told from a completely different entity. A big assist goes to Ray Forset who grew up with Cormani’s mom. Our roots in Florida are very deep.

Last edited:
True, but in this case, if you’re worried about a tax deduction, you’re probably not a good fit at this point anyway. The tax deduction is nice, but not critical to this group. Also, the belief is the contributions will be tax deductible for 2023, though that’s not the sales pitch.

The really exciting thing to me is that they are uncovering new donors, some of whom don’t trust the Athletic Dept to wisely spend their contributions. So this is a better option for them. Numerous donors have each contributed $100,000 plus to the Collective. I expect this to made public at some point.

One other thing is I believe Cormani got a sweet NIL deal from what I am told from a completely different entity. A big assist goes to Ray Forest who grew up with Cormani’s mom. Our roots in Florida are very deep.
I know he’s a program cheerleader now, but Neely said on the DNVR podcast the other day that while most people expect CU to be a middle tier FL recruiting program, CU themselves believe they will be the top program recruiting FL going forward. We’ll see, but the FL roots seem to be much much deeper than maybe we truly know

1. I've heard that Colorado might be more active on the NIL front than what is the general consensus on this board.

2. The tax deduction is a big deal. I've always looked at it like a business deduction (even if to a collective) - no way it stands as a charitable deduction. Problem is that IRS doesn't enforce jack, even though they now have 2.3 million more agents under Biden (who happen to be really rabid agents).

1. I've heard that Colorado might be more active on the NIL front than what is the general consensus on this board.

2. The tax deduction is a big deal. I've always looked at it like a business deduction (even if to a collective) - no way it stands as a charitable deduction. Problem is that IRS doesn't enforce jack, even though they now have 2.3 million more agents under Biden (who happen to be really rabid agents).
Yeah well the next tax cycle versus the last one will probably be more telling on that front.

The tax deduction is a big deal for the guy that has lots of capital gains and big 1099s to try and offset.

This is more in the spirit of NIL. Player jerseys now available. Updated roster, with the notable exceptions of #2 Sanders and #21 Sanders.

This is what I had hoped NIL would be more of when the topic first came about. Players getting paid royalties from stuff like team merch, video game, being associated with shoe/athletic gear companies and so on. Still waiting on the EA sports NCAA franchise reboot. Though I don’t think EA does much for Nintendo Switch?

SIAP but I saw the custom jerseys now include Travis and Shedeur. So it must be that the players are getting to negotiate the % they get off sales for their jerseys which is interesting.

Back