What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff specific NIL Thread

This is in response to a tweet by Bloom calling out CU for their excuse that the law “restricts” them.

I’ve read the law. Had a lawyer read the law. I think CU is full of ****.

is Rick George inept?

I guess those 2) 20K first of their kind scholarships didn't reached the athletic dept.

This is in response to a tweet by Bloom calling out CU for their excuse that the law “restricts” them.

I’ve read the law. Had a lawyer read the law. I think CU is full of ****.

is Rick George inept?

dumb and dumber GIF

I’m with @Liver on this. Us fans and alumni already support the team and made the AD money hand over fist by buying season tickets, merchandise, concessions, and through donations.

Now, in addition to the above, it somehow falls on us fans to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay the players so they won’t leave? **** that.

I’m with @Liver on this. Us fans and alumni already support the team and made the AD money hand over fist by buying season tickets, merchandise, concessions, and through donations.

Now, in addition to the above, it somehow falls on us fans to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay the players so they won’t leave? **** that.
Well, no, it falls on the boosters like every other competitive program. Unfortunately, we don’t have any willing to do it.

Well, no, it falls on the boosters like every other competitive program. Unfortunately, we don’t have any willing to do it.
Bud, a booster is anyone who has made a financial contribution to a program. Most everyone on this site with season tickets or who gives donations is considered a booster.

So, yeah, it falls on the boosters. I think that’s bull****. The AD just keeps taking in money and bleeds the fans dry.

Bud, a booster is anyone who has made a financial contribution to a program. Most everyone on this site with season tickets or who gives donations is considered a booster.

So, yeah, it falls on the boosters. I think that’s bull****. The AD just keeps taking in money and bleeds the fans dry.
That’s what college football has always been. Glad your eyes are finally open. Bud.

Yeah I get it and I don’t begrudge anyone who wants to contribute to this, I’m just feeling like all the money I’ve spent on this program the last two decades has generated very little return for me outside a couple lightning in a bottle seasons and the program is dogs**t and this suggestion is just to spend more money and hope things get better. That’s not a good pitch for me.
All of the funds that I have donated to this program since 2001 (and 1 year in 2016) has brought me absolutely NO JOY whatsoever..... Yes I am insane. I have been doing it since 1996 (less 1 COVID Year).

Deion has said that he is opposed to collectives. Also, the players they are recruiting are not money-motivated. (Remember - Touch, Smart, Fast, Disciplined WITH CHARACTER). Travis Hunter turned down $1.5 million to play for Deion. And they don't seem to be having any problem recruiting players. IMO, you don't need to drum up funds for NIL. The players will earn it, as Shedeur has ($1.5 M), as Travis has ($1.7 M). And as others will.

Shedeur has signed deals with Gatorade, Mercedes, Tom Brady Brand, Beats by Dre Actively Black, and sells his own barbecue sauce.
Travis Hunter has signed deals with Michael Strahan, Phil Long Ford and Greenwood digital banking, Celsius Drink, Actively Black, and SoHoodie.
Shilo Sanders has signed deals with Actively Black, Porshe, Kinly, and probably more.

It's hard to find info on the deals, but if anyone knows of other Buffs who have inked deals, post them in this thread, if you don't mind.

Deion has said that he is opposed to collectives. Also, the players they are recruiting are not money-motivated. (Remember - Touch, Smart, Fast, Disciplined WITH CHARACTER). Travis Hunter turned down $1.5 million to play for Deion. And they don't seem to be having any problem recruiting players. IMO, you don't need to drum up funds for NIL. The players will earn it, as Shedeur has ($1.5 M), as Travis has ($1.7 M). And as others will.

On3 is not doing these players any favor by publishing these stupid "valuations." These aren't earnings. Those numbers are based on social media presence and other factors. Nobody, other than the players and their management, knows how much they actually are earning.

Lots of hand-wringing about CU's lack of an effective NIL Collective. For a good reason, since Buffs 4 Life is very ineffective with no staff.

However, a new Collective with 501(C)3 tax status called the 5430 Foundation is up and running. This Foundation is for football only for now, and has already raised meaningful $$, and has numerous heavy hitters as donors. It's also very well-organized with an active outreach to potential donors, who will have direct engagement with Coach Prime.

NIL Commitments were made to recruits in 2023 class, and most of the $$ raised now will fund those promises.

Thanks to a few active donors who organized this Collective, CU is in the NIL game and it's only going to grow.

Lots of hand-wringing about CU's lack of an effective NIL Collective. For a good reason, since Buffs 4 Life is very ineffective with no staff.

However, a new Collective with 501(C)3 tax status called the 5430 Foundation is up and running. This Foundation is for football only for now, and has already raised meaningful $$, and has numerous heavy hitters as donors. It's also very well-organized with an active outreach to potential donors, who will have direct engagement with Coach Prime.

NIL Commitments were made to recruits in 2023 class, and most of the $$ raised now will fund those promises.

Thanks to a few active donors who organized this Collective, CU is in the NIL game and it's only going to grow.
Love it. Much needed in the short term. Longer term, I think that there will be NCAA curtailment of these collectives as Coach Prime, Klatt and others have criticized since they're not really NIL endorsements deals but a loophole which allows pay-to-sign and pay-to-play deals unrelated to your actual commercial value.

Back