What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs @ Bears (MBB)

Just from amount of pages one can only assume that Buffs lost. Win over Oregon crickets. Stanford same thing. This board is priceless. Win and we are in. Goes for all sports. Sefo was bad last year then good beginning of year then bad. Fickle

Just from amount of pages one can only assume that Buffs lost. Win over Oregon crickets. Stanford same thing. This board is priceless. Win and we are in. Goes for all sports. Sefo was bad last year then good beginning of year then bad. Fickle

Netbuffs has a basketball board, I'm sure you'll find better there......

I love it when people refer to the postings on the board like it is just one personality posting in every thread. Pure genius.

True but XJ and Wes have dominated this one (negatively) with the majority of posts. Imagine if they play & have a couple of great games against the Washingtons - they will be forgiven, will have learned their lesson, etc. But what do you expect? We are fans (AKA fanatics).

This wasn't really negative on the loss or coaching or effort or how they played.

I would bet if I pruned out the XJ/Wes stuff that it would be a rather short thread that was mostly cheering the comeback effort.

I often share your opinion on negativity/fickleness, but I don't see it here.

By the way, you just added 6 posts to the thread (so far) with your negative comments on negativity.

This wasn't really negative on the loss or coaching or effort or how they played.

I would bet if I pruned out the XJ/Wes stuff that it would be a rather short thread that was mostly cheering the comeback effort.

I often share your opinion on negativity/fickleness, but I don't see it here.
True not on loss. Just observation that losses generate a lot of traffic.

True not on loss. Just observation that losses generate a lot of traffic.

Based on expectations, in the years we were contending for a spot in the tourney the board was full of "how do we get there" threads speculating on the remaining schedule and how many wins would get us what kind of seeding.

Like it or not this is a fan base that has come to expect a level of success. This years team was looked at as a talented, experienced group that should not only make the tourney but have a good chance to advance at least a round.

That isn't happening. Should we be all Rah! Rah! about a team that has fallen significantly short of expectations? And that fall doesn't have a real valid excuse. We haven't had major injuries, we haven't had unexpected bad luck.

What we have had is a combination of a team that has failed in some games that were close at the end and even more frustrating some losses to teams that we should have beaten but simply didn't put out enough consistent effort to win. We are seeing a team that has some players who look like they are willing to pay the price and some who clearly aren't, and at this level of basketball some who aren't is enough to bring the whole team down.

I have seen a lot of positive points from people. We have had comments praising White and his all around game, we have had post noting the improvements that Tory has made in season, people have stayed optimistic about George King despite his inconsistency but based on some down game where he still worked hard but just couldn't get his shots to drop. There have been plenty of other positive remarks.

You have to realize though that this isn't a middle school program with fruit snacks and ice cream. This is a major college program with expectations. Fans put their hearts (and in many cases their money) into the program and they have certain expectations about results but more importantly the effort and attitude needed to get those results.

Completely understood all of it.
Just observed that losses and disappointments drive more responses.
Not asking for juice boxes.
At time Xavier was huge
Oregon even bigger

Wow ... a "Mtn-esque" (i.e., long) post by Mtn himself that is well worth the read. :D

@MtnBuff BTW ... are you ready for Spring Training?

Last edited:
Xavier had 6 pages. I stand corrected.
Carry on
Normal fan base
Although Utah boards are hyper critical but still draw 11k+.
They won't make tournament either

Wow ... a "Mtn-esque" (i.e., long) by Mtn himself that is well worth the read. :D

@MtnBuff BTW ... are you ready for Spring Training?

Not cranked up for it yet but will be soon.

Don't know what to expect out of the Rockies but honestly think they have turned a corner as an organization. Defensively good up the middle tends to win you games, the Rocks look to be solid at SS, 2nd and CF. 1st is still a question but can't get any better at 3rd. C won't be a strength but will be okay. The corner OF positions look solid and there is some depth. Would not surprise or disappoint me if they trade CarGo before the season, I think he still has some value and we could use that value to boost the pen.

Optimistic about the starting pitching, especially since last year they figured out how to get the starters to throw strikes and carry a lot of games into the 5-6th-7th innings. Any kind of a bullpen and that will win games. They should have solid depth with the starters, enough that when somebody goes down they don't have to panic. Pen is still a mystery.

Overall looking for another step forward. Don't expect playoffs but man is it fun watching them play real baseball that matters for most of the season.

Will XJ and Gordon be suspended any longer? Haven't heard anything.

XJ as a senior- Couldn't contain himself and got ejected in the ASU game. Didn't bother to put forth any effort after not starting the OSU game. Suspended for key game against Cal for violation of team rules and laughed it up on the sidelines as CU loses.

XJ as a junior- Suspended for Washington game for violation of team rules, then proceeds to laugh it up postgame with Washington players. Lost starting spot in Drexel game.

I wouldn't be so concerned with XJ if it was a one-time thing. He just happens to be a big part of the 2 very recent, very disappointing seasons for CU basketball, with antics on and off the court.

I'm not here to yell out "get your story straight" or anything like that, but some of the information in your post is not entirely accurate ...

XJ was not suspended for the Wash game his Jr year. He got injured two weeks prior in a game @ Utah. He and Josh were both forced out due to injuries which was a reason for the chunk of losses at that time. Furthermore, he did not lose his spot for the Drexel game. He suffered a tweak just a few days prior to that in practice, but he still managed to fight through it and play 19 minutes vs Drexel. I think it was his ankle.

Earlier this season at ASU, it was not XJ who caused that situation and subsequent ejection. Tshisumpa is who threw the flare punch at XJ. Xavier, for a split few seconds, made a charge back but never really did anything. The situation died immediately. Even Tad was shocked to learn about the ejection. Frankly, that to me was just two young men going hard. I did feel that the refs may have overreacted on that particular play. I thought Tshisumpa was wrong of course for the faint flare punch, but I didn't think it warranted an ejection. Sometimes that happens. We see little tussles like this all the time in college basketball. Sometimes people get ejected and sometimes they don't.
As for the OSU game, Tad has been quoted as saying that his team reacted very positively to the lineup switch within the OSU game, especially his upper-classmen. XJ I thought played a quality 23 minutes, with 10 points, 3 boards and an assist. Minus maybe grabbing a few additional rebounds, I don't know what more we want from the kid. Sometimes he scores 9-10-11 points, sometimes he has a good night and scores 15 to 20 points or more.

I'm not here to yell out "get your story straight" or anything like that, but some of the information in your post is not entirely accurate ...

XJ was not suspended for the Wash game his Jr year. He got injured two weeks prior in a game @ Utah. He and Josh were both forced out due to injuries which was a reason for the chunk of losses at that time. Furthermore, he did not lose his spot for the Drexel game. He suffered a tweak just a few days prior to that in practice, but he still managed to fight through it and play 19 minutes vs Drexel. I think it was his ankle.

Earlier this season at ASU, it was not XJ who caused that situation and subsequent ejection. Tshisumpa is who threw the flare punch at XJ. Xavier, for a split few seconds, made a charge back but never really did anything. The situation died immediately. Even Tad was shocked to learn about the ejection. Frankly, that to me was just two young men going hard. I did feel that the refs may have overreacted on that particular play. I thought Tshisumpa was wrong of course for the faint flare punch, but I didn't think it warranted an ejection. Sometimes that happens. We see little tussles like this all the time in college basketball. Sometimes people get ejected and sometimes they don't.
As for the OSU game, Tad has been quoted as saying that his team reacted very positively to the lineup switch within the OSU game, especially his upper-classmen. XJ I thought played a quality 23 minutes, with 10 points, 3 boards and an assist. Minus maybe grabbing a few additional rebounds, I don't know what more we want from the kid. Sometimes he scores 9-10-11 points, sometimes he has a good night and scores 15 to 20 points or more.

For the Washington game in 2015: http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...-basketball-johnson-healthy-but-suspended-one
For the Drexel game: XJ, Wes and Ski all unexpectedly came off the bench. Draw your own conclusions based on some of the issues that each of those 3 have/had demonstrated.
For the ASU game: XJ got thrown out in a game CU needed to win. He's a 5th year senior and reacted to the antics of a bench-warmer.
For the OSU game: Anyone who was at that game could see that XJ and Wes didn't put forth any effort when they finally made it on the court. XJ didn't play a lick of defense and missed multiple chances to screen a defender on penetration by White. Sure, XJ was slightly better than Wes, but Tad is wrong. Two of his upper-classmen showed virtually no effort in that game.

According to the papers, XJ apologized and twice referred to his "stupid mistake". Wes apparently didn't apologize.

Odd, have to wonder what happened. Did Wes think he had no need to apologize?

Back