What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Reynolds Want GIF
Nah. It’d be good!

It was bull**** - no doubt. I'm just pointing out that they were 10-1. They earned the right to be considered even if they didn't deserve to actually be in the game.

I was certainly pissed off that they got in. Didn't they change the rules the next year so that wouldn't happen? Something to that effect. I'm almost certain that they did and we would have gotten in had they used the new rules. As it was, I think it was a couple years later that we got an Alabama-LSU rematch in the BCS championship which was 100% bull**** given that LSU had already beaten them.

I've always said though - Miami would have beaten the **** out of us too. That team was a juggernaut.
Just so we’re clear - we got the **** kicked out of us by Oregon (whether we had interest in playing in the Fiesta or not…still a bad look for a team that was bitching about being denied the Natty)

Last edited:
Just so we’re clear - we got the **** kicked out of us by Oregon (whether we had interest in playing in the Fiesta or not…still a bad look for a team that was bitching about being dined the Natty)

True. I've always thought that we were just glad to be there whereas Oregon felt like the had a serious beef with the BCS system. Which they kinda did. They were a 10-1 conference champion whereas the Nubs were also 10-1, but not a conference champion and coming off a beat down.

Plus, all the talk was how a 10-2 CU team got screwed with Oregon getting 0 attention. They got to Tempe with chips on their shoulders and something to prove. So they punched us in the mouth and we folded like a cheap tent.

True. I've always thought that we were just glad to be there whereas Oregon felt like the had a serious beef with the BCS system. Which they kinda did. They were a 10-1 conference champion whereas the Nubs were also 10-1, but not a conference champion and coming off a beat down.

Plus, all the talk was how a 10-2 CU team got screwed with Oregon getting 0 attention. They got to Tempe with chips on their shoulders and something to prove. So they punched us in the mouth and we folded like a cheap tent.

idk if the BCS was fixed after that, look at 2003

USC wins the P10 (no championship game)

Oklahoma gets scraped in the B12 title game and doesn't drop out (it was their first loss of the season)

LSU wins the SEC title game and jumps over USC to get in vs Oklahoma

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_season

Pretty sure that line got bigger, too. I believe it opened at -18.5
Yep, the bets must be coming in for TCU to cover.

I‘d be surprised if CU won, but I think CU competes better than a 3 TD loss. It’s a very tough draw for Prime in game one, nevertheless.

Yep, the bets must be coming in for TCU to cover.

I‘d be surprised if CU won, but I think CU competes better than a 3 TD loss. It’s a very tough draw for Prime in game one, nevertheless.

A 20 point loss to a team that lost key pieces is interesting. Granted, we're going to be putting a whole new team on the field as well, but it's hard to imagine losing that badly.

I could see a messy game for both teams, which probably portends a lower scoring game.

A 20 point loss to a team that lost key pieces is interesting. Granted, we're going to be putting a whole new team on the field as well, but it's hard to imagine losing that badly.

I could see a messy game for both teams, which probably portends a lower scoring game.
We’re putting a whole new team on the field that is undoubtedly going to be significantly better than last year, while they are putting a whole new team on the field that is very likely to be worse than a national championship game team. So yeah, the idea it’s a 3 TD line is odd to me, but then again, early season CFB is profitable because of **** like this

I can see CU staying within 20.5. That’s a big line and kind of surprising.

Last edited:
We’re putting a whole new team on the field that is undoubtedly going to be significantly better than last year, while they are putting a whole new team on the field that is very likely to be worse than a national championship game team. So yeah, the idea it’s a 3 TD line is odd to me, but then again, early season CFB is profitable because of **** like this

It's a perception thing. TCU just played for the national championship and we're coming off a 1-win season, plus the game is at TCU. The vast majority of people aren't going to look into the details of how much both teams have turned over.

ESPN is projecting that seven TCU players will get drafted.
…..and I’m also kind of encouraged by TCU’s dumb play calling in the B12 Championship Game. It’s always possible for Dykes to screw up at crunch time.

Well, we've bought tickets/plane tickets/hotel rooms for this game. I'm also hoping my Mom and stepdad can come up and spend Sunday with us in Fort Worth.

ETA: we bought the tickets off Vivid Seats. Husband didn't wanna wait to buy them through CU because we always get sh*tty tix through them. Like end zone sh*tty.

Well, we've bought tickets/plane tickets/hotel rooms for this game. I'm also hoping my Mom and stepdad can come up and spend Sunday with us in Fort Worth.

ETA: we bought the tickets off Vivid Seats. Husband didn't wanna wait to buy them through CU because we always get sh*tty tix through them. Like end zone sh*tty.
I always buy away games on the open market

I have CU Football set to alerts on twitter. Got an alert that the TCU game will be the big noon game and was quickly deleted.

Edit: I'm not that special. Been tweeted back out. I doubt we get back to back big noon games, which is great for that Nebraska game time.

I have CU Football set to alerts on twitter. Got an alert that the TCU game will be the big noon game and was quickly deleted.

Edit: I'm not that special. Been tweeted back out. I doubt we get back to back big noon games, which is great for that Nebraska game time.
Ya will be big noon

The comment section of that tweet is sure wild! We have to be up there as one of the most hated teams now and I’m all about it

We need to flood the purple hell in Ft Worth. How do we get tickets? Assume season ticket holders will have access? Sorry...repeating the ****ing first post by the OP.

We need to flood the purple hell in Ft Worth. How do we get tickets? Assume season ticket holders will have access? Sorry...repeating the ****ing first post by the OP.
CU will have an allotment I believe by next month. Tcu visitor section looks like garbage, but that’s how it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back