What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep pumping up my 3yr old about going to see Ralphie and watch her run live for his first game this year.

This thread is helping me reconsider

Edit: I completely forgot we took the little guy to Utah/CU in 2021 at Utah. He did great but the wife took him home at halftime so I doubt he would have made it.

Last edited:
I flew my 5 year old son from DFW to a game at Folsom in 1999 (or so) vs the Aggies. His goal was to pet Ralphie, which he did pregame. I did everything I could to keep him in our MFing sweet seats. Nope. Who cares. Me and the boy are comin for multiple games this season. All worth it.

Anyone old enough to remember the CU at Texas game when Salaam rushed for over 300 yards ?
It was Oct 1st 1994 and very hot. Some of the players were given IVs on the sideline.

As to his 35-carry, 317-yard performance, Salaam didn’t have enough energy after the game to form a long statement. “I’m shot,” said Salaam afterward. “The IV’s really helped out, but I’m dead. All I can say is I’m glad I don’t go to a southern school. This ain’t no joke out here.”

My point is that this is the first game of the season and it will be hot. I have to believe that depth will be necessary.
Which team will be able to outlast the other?
I was there.

Anyone old enough to remember the CU at Texas game when Salaam rushed for over 300 yards ?
It was Oct 1st 1994 and very hot. Some of the players were given IVs on the sideline.

As to his 35-carry, 317-yard performance, Salaam didn’t have enough energy after the game to form a long statement. “I’m shot,” said Salaam afterward. “The IV’s really helped out, but I’m dead. All I can say is I’m glad I don’t go to a southern school. This ain’t no joke out here.”

My point is that this is the first game of the season and it will be hot. I have to believe that depth will be necessary.
Dude. You don't have a monopoly on being old as dirt. I was in Okinawa, Japan in the USMC listening to it on AFRTS radio at something like 2am in the morning.

Pointing out a Buffs victory that put Salaam on the Heisman map early in the season seems to counter your doom scenario, as Big Jim pointed out much more succinctly than I am doing here.

Dude. You don't have a monopoly on being old as dirt. I was in Okinawa, Japan in the USMC listening to it on AFRTS radio at something like 2am in the morning.

Pointing out a Buffs victory that put Salaam on the Heisman map early in the season seems to counter your doom scenario, as Big Jim pointed out much more succinctly than I am doing here.
Doom ?
Nah...just bringing up that if it's in the mid 90s both teams will have to deal with it. Team that does better will have an advantage. I think CU has a chance for the upset.

I took my son to the @UW game in 2011 at age 1. He was later diagnosed with a serious developmental delay. Never made the connection between the carnage on the field and early life trauma. Though in fairness, it was such a blowout that most of the UW home crowd left and we got track down Chip for some cool photos. Though now I’m realizing just how weird that day must have been for him.

My daughters first birthday was a tailgate party followed by a the OT OSU win in 21. She was a champ and made it through. Ate an entire hot dog by herself to my wife’s dismay.

Basketball game 2 weeks later was much less of a success. She’s now 2.5 and can sing the “Buffalo song” on command.

Yep. I remember the announcers talking about the heat and humidity, saying it was (gasp) 94 degrees and scorching.

At the time, I had never been to the south. Grew up in Davis, CA where the summer temps routinely hit 100+. Nothing was hot until it hit 100. Then I went to CU. Ergo, I didn’t get it.

I live in Texas now. I get it.

Took my then 1.5 year old to half the games last year. We left at like the 3rd quarter for most. The only game he lasted the entire time was the Oregon game because we had club seats so he could eat and play/walk around inside.

Our 2nd born is due Aug 23rd. We bought season tix but don’t really have a plan for the season yet… The Sept games will be tricky

Took my then 1.5 year old to half the games last year. We left at like the 3rd quarter for most. The only game he lasted the entire time was the Oregon game because we had club seats so he could eat and play/walk around inside.

Our 2nd born is due Aug 23rd. We bought season tix but don’t really have a plan for the season yet… The Sept games will be tricky
My second is due 9/11, so Nebraska and CSU are both assuredly out for me. Hoping to make it to USC

I took my son to the @UW game in 2011 at age 1. He was later diagnosed with a serious developmental delay. Never made the connection between the carnage on the field and early life trauma. Though in fairness, it was such a blowout that most of the UW home crowd left and we got track down Chip for some cool photos. Though now I’m realizing just how weird that day must have been for him.
I was there as well. So brutal.

I was there as well. So brutal.
wB166cm.gif

I just read that the TCU game will be kicking off at 11 am Texas time, so 10 am for us???? Not a very fun or exciting time. The first victory of the Coach Prime era will be a morning game!

Been dragging my son to CU games since he was old enough to sing the fight song. Needless to say he left in tears most games (not Nub kid 63-36 tears, but still). Got to storm the field after winning PAC12 South and now he’s a CU student and gets to see this renewed energy about the program. I keep telling him, this fall will be like Folsom was in the early 90’s….. and yes, I’m dragging his ass out to Ft Worth with me.

Pro tip - start your kids on CU hoops games and graduate to football once they’re 9 or 10 years old. Football is an all day outdoor commitment in the elements that’s tough for little ones to handle. Basketball is 2 hours, indoors, climate controlled with concessions and restrooms nearby. Get them hooked on CU hoops, and eventually they’ll be asking to come to a football game. Make it a treat that they’ve earned and don’t want to give up.

Pro tip - start your kids on CU hoops games and graduate to football once they’re 9 or 10 years old. Football is an all day outdoor commitment in the elements that’s tough for little ones to handle. Basketball is 2 hours, indoors, climate controlled with concessions and restrooms nearby. Get them hooked on CU hoops, and eventually they’ll be asking to come to a football game. Make it a treat that they’ve earned and don’t want to give up.
I'm on this plan and it's going well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back