What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs. Utah Prediction Thread

Kyle Whittingham doesn't generally like to run up the score when comfortably ahead in games. Makes it different to bet these types of games. He will put in the 2's and start substitutions when he has control, he will step off the gas. There have been exceptions, like 2019 at Oregon's Autzen, Kyle felt like he had something to prove when he hung 62-20 (With half the 20 in garbage time against the 2's and 3's) on the Ducks. I don't believe he would do that here. 34-10 Utes

Last edited:
Rice, Shenault and Lemonious-Craig are all out. Arias and the freshmen need to step or we will have the running game only - which hasn't been great lately.

Kyle Whittingham doesn't generally like to run up the score when comfortably ahead in games. Makes it different to bet these types of games. He will put in the 2's and start substitutions when he has control, he will step off the gas. There have been exceptions, like 2019 at Oregon's Autzen, Kyle felt like he had something to prove when he hung 62-20 (With half the 20 in garbage time against the 2's and 3's) on the Ducks. I don't believe he would do that here. 34-10 Utes
And yet he still beat UO by 31 points.

CU loses by 40+. Book it.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Kyle will say he doesn’t know the line, while at times making decisions that can only be explained by covering. He created incredible fan loyalty locally by those actions.

The question this week is which Utah shows up. The focused kids from a week ago, or the disjointed team trying to figure out how to fit multiple freshmen into their line from earlier in the season. Kyle will run the ball and control the clock, but he won’t tell the kids to step off the throttle.

Rice, Shenault and Lemonious-Craig are all out. Arias and the freshmen need to step or we will have the running game only - which hasn't been great lately.

Had Shenault been suspended again? It doesn't matter, I guess - he posted on Twitter a couple of days ago that he was entering the transfer portal.

Had Shenault been suspended again? It doesn't matter, I guess - he posted on Twitter a couple of days ago that he was entering the transfer portal.
Suspended, reinstated, and suspended again because he didn’t attend the reinstatement meeting. Too bad, but it just wasn’t going to work with this setup.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Kyle will say he doesn’t know the line, while at times making decisions that can only be explained by covering. He created incredible fan loyalty locally by those actions.

The question this week is which Utah shows up. The focused kids from a week ago, or the disjointed team trying to figure out how to fit multiple freshmen into their line from earlier in the season. Kyle will run the ball and control the clock, but he won’t tell the kids to step off the throttle.
What was your guess? I missed mine by 7 points, total between the teams and the game went very much like I thought. Name once when Kyle did what you've said. The Utes were never driving all out... the entire second half... Do you even watch Utah football? Did you witness the Utah punt by Rising deep in Colorado's end at the end of the game? I was hoping they'd kick the easy field goal to get my guess down to 4 points. They didn't because Kyle doesn't usually do that. Ass beating Colorado proves nothing.

Last edited:
What was your guess? I missed mine by 7 points, total between the teams and the game went very much like I thought. Name once when Kyle did what you've said. The Utes were never driving all out... the entire second half... Do you even watch Utah football? Did you witness the Utah punt by Rising deep in Colorado's end at the end of the game? I was hoping they'd kick the easy field goal to get my guess down to 4 points. They didn't because Kyle doesn't usually do that. Ass beating Colorado proves nothing.
A fairly well known incident was the on sides kick against Wyoming at the end of the game that resulted in the other coach flipping him off. He was on a run there for a while.

You know more about football and Utah than me. I’ll be watching them more since one of my historic players signed with them.

With guys I care about there, Stanford and BYU, I just kind of hit the highlights if they got in the game. I also am embroiled in a daughter doing the soccer thing, so admittedly I’m spread thin on sports and also busy with trying to pay the bills and keep my own kids headed in the right direction. It has been probably five years since I have been in any setting with Kyle and a bit less with Kilani.

If I get some time, I’ll do some internet warrior research and try to find a few more games to reference. I know he had a run there for a few years.
What I know about Utah is superficial. I am not a fan, although I have been involved in football here for a while on the youth level. I am a fan of CU, and at this point even that is waining.

Congrats on being within 7 of the right score. If allbuffs had a hall of fame, you would be right there with Tini!

A fairly well known incident was the on sides kick against Wyoming at the end of the game that resulted in the other coach flipping him off. He was on a run there for a while.

You know more about football and Utah than me. I’ll be watching them more since one of my historic players signed with them.

With guys I care about there, Stanford and BYU, I just kind of hit the highlights if they got in the game. I also am embroiled in a daughter doing the soccer thing, so admittedly I’m spread thin on sports and also busy with trying to pay the bills and keep my own kids headed in the right direction. It has been probably five years since I have been in any setting with Kyle and a bit less with Kilani.

If I get some time, I’ll do some internet warrior research and try to find a few more games to reference. I know he had a run there for a few years.
What I know about Utah is superficial. I am not a fan, although I have been involved in football here for a while on the youth level. I am a fan of CU, and at this point even that is waining.

Congrats on being within 7 of the right score. If allbuffs had a hall of fame, you would be right there with Tini’s mom
Fify

Back