What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clemson Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Tuesday, 11/26, 9:30 PM MT, ESPN 2)

Nice win buffs! If battey can stay on the floor and kin finds his shot, this could be a damn good year. Would like to see more of the Walton before the injury, seems out of it. Understandable tho.

Gritty win. Siewart cannot guard athletic bigs. We need Walton to get back in form soon.

he's definitely not as good once the ball gets down into the post, but he avoids fouls and his rotation, denial of the entry pass, and help side D has been solid so far this year

Tad sounds frustrated with the fouls being called against Evan. He called them “ticky tack” and said, “I need to take a look at those.” I think he sort of caught himself before getting too critical of the refs. He thinks Evan gets called for a lot of fouls simply because he is so big and muscular.

Bey saved their bacon, played really well. Kin was pressing a bit. I think he's better when he's aggressive to the basket first, that's how he seems to find his rhythm. Wasn't pretty, but got the W. The half court O needs some work. We get deep in the shot clock quite a bit. It is November so maybe that'll work itself out. Hope it does before conference play.

Clemson did a great job of extending its zone to pressure th perimeter.

Buffs did not get the ball into the paint enough to counter that -- mainly because Battey was in foul trouble all night. This was a game that Dallas would have been huge for us if he was all the way back. Without that, we didn't have the size/strength/athleticism combo in a player to match up with Simms while Battey was riding the pine.

Clemson's pretty good. They played well last night.

I'm feeling real good about finding a win.

Good Clemson + Bad Kin Game + Battey Foul Trouble = Buffs Win. Got to love that this team found another way. This time, it was shooting like 95% from the FT line when they'd been a 60% team all season so far. That and playing great defense to force long scoring droughts from Clemson.

Bey was allsome, too. Early favorite for Pac-12 POY?

Last edited:
This is interesting. I mean it is so wide open this year...I just wonder if Colorado are going to score enough against the better teams.

They had no answer for Sims. Did you watch the game? He was beasting everyone the Buffs threw at him except Battey.

And how often will we face players like that for the rest of the season save for the tourney?

Too many CU fans jumping to conclusions before the conclusion of the game and you are one of them.

And how often will we face players like that for the rest of the season save for the tourney?

Too many CU fans jumping to conclusions before the conclusion of the game and you are one of them.
Also, while it is true CU may have had no answer for Simms, CU won. IDC if any single player in a game goes off against the Buffs, if they still pull out the W.

This is interesting. I mean it is so wide open this year...I just wonder if Colorado are going to score enough against the better teams.

CU is 61st in the nation with an ORtg of 105.4. The defenses that we've played are currently ranked 63rd, 108th, 99th, 130th and 45th. We haven't played a bad defense, and we're putting up solid numbers. Clemson is the 45th team above. The remainder of the season we will only play five teams that currently have better D ratings than them - Kansas (#5), Arizona (#20), Washington (#21), Oregon (#32) and Stanford (#41).

And the Buffs are 14th in the nation in D.

And it's early (small sample size alert), but our 61st ORtg right now would be the second highest in Tad's time here at CU - behind his first year (#9) and the 2017 team that rode DWhite like a mule (#45).

Good points, Goose.

Wow I didn't realize Bobby took ASU to the Jadwin last night. That team has spent more time on the East Coast than they have in AZ so far. Those ASU kids must be in school like 2 seconds a week.

Gritty win. Siewart cannot guard athletic bigs. We need Walton to get back in form soon.

From watching how he moves, both in the game and during warm ups, I don't think we will see Dallas back to his previous form until next year. His lateral movement and his burst aren't close right now. With everyone's struggles against Sims last night, I am mildly surprised we didn't have a Strating sighting. He is exactly the kind of pesky, balls out player that could throw someone like Sims off his game. I will say that Siewert did a very good job of denying the ball to Sims in the last 4 minutes of the game.

So Clemson was up early in the second half by 10? Correct. And eventually Tad has to make the decision to generally keep Bey and Battey on the floor as without them CU is going to really struggle to score points. And the Buffs gradually get themselves back in the game and figured out how to get the win. In the last 15 minutes or so of the match CU outscored Clemson by 14 points. That's not a bad reaction to a tough situation.

Yup, Battey has to stay on the floor. And get the ball in the low post. This type win is important in the development of the team.

Back