What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
It's pretty simple you guys, it's a tone setter. That's it. It's not about trying to make guys quit, it is about building a mindset that everything will be done with a sense of urgency....everything. And yes, Brew will be made fun of a lot in the locker room....and that is a good thing
I don't think we'll see it this time next year and I also don't think a 30 second sit down, stand up intro was meant to make anyone quit. Who is quitting over being yelled at and told to stand up and sit down and told to repeat "We Comin"?

The weeding out process is going to start with the S&C program and workouts.
There might be some guys who quit because of it. They are the guys who are just getting the message that Colorado Football is no longer pizza parties after a loss and feel good speeches.

If this team had been 11-1 last year instead of 1-11 then Brew wouldn't be doing stand up sit down in the meeting.

This was all about continuing the process of creating culture, of players understanding that they are responsible and that less than 100% is no longer acceptable.

When Brew is made fun of it will mean that the players heard him loud and clear, that what he says is on their minds.

And yes the real weeding out process, and culture building process is really going to hit with S&C. Guys are going to be pushed until they puke, guys are going to wake up tired and sore, guys are going to be thinking they can't do one more rep and having a coach telling them to do 10.

The ones who stay with it will discover that they can exceed what they thought they could, and be better players as a result.
 

Jerkass God

DoNotQuizJesus
Club Member
Mrs. Jim and I went out for brunch today. I told her I would have given the restaurant a “C” grade but gave them a “C-“ because they didn’t have grits on the menu.
Do you ever yell

Snap Jim GIF


during sex?
 

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
It would be great to have an ongoing list of Current Players, New Players, and Top Recruits that we can go and hit FOLLOW on so that we can juice them up.
Would there be a way to make a sticky thread with just 1-2 entries on that has these guys listed with their social media links?
 

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
One criticism is that guys like Dan Patrick think Colorado hasn’t been relevant since Mac which isn’t true. But it’s sort of a moot point since, regardless, we haven’t been relevant for 2 decades.
If they don't think we were relevant, we weren't. Relevant to them is playing for national titles or consistently in the hunt.
 

FLounder

Most Hated Poster of the Year 2016, 2018, 2022
Club Member
Every day I wake up and thank God that we signed coach prime and Nebraska didn’t.
 

Da Lama

****ty hot take machine
Club Member
There might be some guys who quit because of it. They are the guys who are just getting the message that Colorado Football is no longer pizza parties after a loss and feel good speeches.

If this team had been 11-1 last year instead of 1-11 then Brew wouldn't be doing stand up sit down in the meeting.

This was all about continuing the process of creating culture, of players understanding that they are responsible and that less than 100% is no longer acceptable.

When Brew is made fun of it will mean that the players heard him loud and clear, that what he says is on their minds.

And yes the real weeding out process, and culture building process is really going to hit with S&C. Guys are going to be pushed until they puke, guys are going to wake up tired and sore, guys are going to be thinking they can't do one more rep and having a coach telling them to do 10.

The ones who stay with it will discover that they can exceed what they thought they could, and be better players as a result.
As a former player and coach, I can guarantee 97.0% of the players in the video forgot about the speech by the time they left the building. The other 3% thought about it exactly once and either smiled or or gritted their teeth on their walk/drive back to their dorm/apartment. None of them have given it any thought since. Yet the Twitterverse loses it's mind. Further evidence that people pretty much suck.
 
Last edited:

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
As a former player and coach, I can guarantee 97.0% of the players in the video forgot about the speech by the time they left the building. The other 3% thought about it exactly once and either smiled or or gritted their teeth on their walk/drive back to their dorm/apartment. None of them have given it any thought since. Yet the Twitterverse loses it's mind. Further evidence that people pretty much suck.
Agree with you that for the great majority of the players this was a non-event. As I stated in the thread that was all in arms about the Kirby Smart speech prior to the NC game for most players this kind of thing has close to zero impact.

I will disagree though that none of them have given it a thought since. This team is in the process of a culture change. There are some carry over players who were in that room who are not yet convinced that they fit into the new culture.

It may not be a huge number of them but I'm fairly certain that at least a few spent a little time thinking "Do I want to be a part of this?"

One meeting, one coach introduction, one burst of yelling isn't going to make anyone decide to stay or go but it will help solidify a decision those guys are already moving towards.
 

Sheldon

Shedeur Sanders Heisman '24 Campaign Manager
Club Member
Nm. This board doesn’t seem to do embedded Instagram posts

I'm pretty certain it does. I am positive I have seen them on here before....

Twitter links auto-embed... try that with Insta. (I don't have it or I would)

Or hit the media button above (second one to last....)

1674520551114.png
 
Top