What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football 9/26 - the SEC is back!

FG KSU. KSU 38-35. Will the Wildcats be having cooked rattler snakes for dinner after the game?

Those Big 12 refs might need to start worrying about their job security since they had to call holding on a big run by Rattler.

Nevermind...it went against KSU.

B12 this year is bad.

OU can score a lot of points, so can their opponents because their defense is horrid.

I'll believe Texas is any good when they actually don't gag away games they should.

The rest of the league is a bunch of flawed teams.

There is no way that the B12 should be getting trips to the playoff and the PAC staying home but in typical PAC fashion they screw it up and figure out how to not go.

B12 this year is bad.

OU can score a lot of points, so can their opponents because their defense is horrid.

I'll believe Texas is any good when they actually don't gag away games they should.

There is no way that the B12 should be getting trips to the playoff and the PAC staying home but in typical PAC fashion they screw it up and figure out how to not go.
The big 12 and the pac 12 are way too dependent on one program in each league to be competitive in the playoff (Texas and usc). It’s why they need a consolidation

B12 this year is bad.

The Big 12 might have no real CFP contender but it very well could be entertaining to watch. I hope we have an entertaining offense under Coach KD.

OU has 49 seconds to at least tie the game and send it to OT. KSU has one time out to perhaps ice the kicker?

The Big 12 might have no real CFP contender but it very well could be entertaining to watch. I hope we have an entertaining offense under Coach KD.
The big 12 is entertaining if you follow from a distance, but If you have to watch that every week it is terrible.

The big 12 is entertaining if you follow from a distance, but If you have to watch that every week it is terrible.

Beats seeing those blowouts in college football in general. Pac-12 still got Pac-12 After Dark but I won't shed any tears if CU decides to leave the P12 and return to the B12 or go to the B10.

Think about who Riley has had playing QB the past 3 years. Now he's got a freshman QB, who definitely looked like a freshman QB in the second half.

If OU wasn't able to get past their glaring weaknesses the past few years, they have no chance this year.

Think about who Riley has had playing QB the past 3 years. Now he's got a freshman QB, who definitely looked like a freshman QB in the second half.

If OU wasn't able to get past their glaring weaknesses the past few years, they have no chance this year.

A fumble and a blocked punt wasn't helpful. You are begging to lose a game like that.

PAC 12 is much stronger than the B12 from the second or third best team down. B12 has some average teams and some very bad teams. As a result of this PAC12 conference games tend to be much more competitive on average and more interesting.

Also though because of this getting through a conference season undefeated is harder in the PAC. Top B12 teams only have a few games they should really worry about and a couple that might as well be byes.

Beats seeing those blowouts in college football in general. Pac-12 still got Pac-12 After Dark but I won't shed any tears if CU decides to leave the P12 and return to the B12 or go to the B10.
I would much rather watch the sec and big 10 over the style of play in the big 12.

Texas up on top 7-0. Tech is moving the ball...could be another fun B12 game to watch.

PAC 12 is much stronger than the B12 from the second or third best team down. B12 has some average teams and some very bad teams. As a result of this PAC12 conference games tend to be much more competitive on average and more interesting.

Also though because of this getting through a conference season undefeated is harder in the PAC. Top B12 teams only have a few games they should really worry about and a couple that might as well be byes.
I agree in general but the big 12 sort of screws over their teams by trying to create top 25 matchups down the stretch so they usually have tougher schedules later in the year.

The big 12 and the pac 12 are way too dependent on one program in each league to be competitive in the playoff (Texas and usc). It’s why they need a consolidation

You could certainly say the same thing about the ACC the past few years although this year they have some very good teams. Now whether or not those other teams are CFP worthy remains to be seen.

And in fairness to the Pac12 Oregon and Utah were both in the CFP discussion very late in the season last year, Utah up until the weekend of the CCG

Actually, the issue for the Big 12 is that people buy Texas as elite program. Elite resources? Of course. Elite program in terms of results? Not really.
Of course no results, but they are the one team in that conference that is able to recruit the talent on BOTH sides of the ball to go up against bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. I am fine if you don’t want to consider them a top program, that just makes the big 12 even worse lol

You could certainly say the same thing about the ACC the past few years although this year they have some very good teams. Now whether or not those other teams are CFP worthy remains to be seen.

And in fairness to the Pac12 Oregon and Utah were both in the CFP discussion very late in the season last year, Utah up until the weekend of the CCG
I am not talking about making the playoff though, I am talking about winning a title. The ACC has 2 or even 3 (Clemson, FSU, Miami-sort of) that wouldn’t be shocking to see them win a championship. I do agree with you that Oregon is pushing for that position though. Utah? No way, just can’t get the skill position athletes to compete at the highest level.

Back