What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

The power brokers are gonna negotiate how to keep the power
The conference commissioners are just as much to blame as anyone
The sport cannot be ran by these clowns, and I am so surprised how along for the ride the schools are allowing themselves to be taken for this ride

Telling you… Nobody is happy about what’s going on in college sports and everybody is motivated to figure it out sooner rather than later

UAB, at Head Coach Trent Dilfer's (yes, that's an insane thing to write) urging, has become the first team to join the player's association. I think this is the first step.

Maybe 20% of the players probably enjoy the freedom and ability to cash in whenever they want, but the other 80% who aren’t seeing much money and are being involuntarily processed out of their programs of choice likely don’t. Most coaches don’t like it, even the ones at NIL flush programs.

I say this as a fan of a program that has a coach who seemingly loves it and is probably embracing and handling the chaos better than 90% of programs.

Maybe 20% of the players probably enjoy the freedom and ability to cash in whenever they want, but the other 80% who aren’t seeing much money and are being involuntarily processed out of their programs of choice likely don’t. Most coaches don’t like it, even the ones at NIL flush programs.

I say this as a fan of a program that has a coach who seemingly loves it and is probably embracing and handling the chaos better than 90% of programs.
There has to be a set system in place
70 man roster with 2-year contracts with options
Base Salary, plus performance bonuses

My crazy tin hat idea may become the thing with PE or private investment entities and enterprise structures.

No way should these schools have students on Direct payroll, that is an abomination to higher education, but they can be part of a PPP Enterprise

I think you have your numbers split. 20% of players in P5 hate it because they’re not really P5 level players. Even decent players are getting paid more than they were before.

Coaches hate it because they no longer have control and enjoy the market while holding players captive.

White fans hate this era. Everyone else is good.

I think you have your numbers split. 20% of players in P5 hate it because they’re not really P5 level players. Even decent players are getting paid more than they were before.

Coaches hate it because they no longer have control and enjoy the market while holding players captive.

JFC

I'm looking forward to all of us white fans being mad about this overly broad brush

View attachment 71710

I know many white fans of Texas and aggy that love the ability to buy players. I assume Clemson and Bama fans hate the new system as this wiped of their bagmen
By and large, when looking at the race of the fans who have described the current era of major college football in the doomiest of ways, they’re white folks.

It’s bound to happen that way because of the race dynamics of the sport over the last 60 years.

I'm looking forward to all of us white fans being mad about this overly broad brush
Aside from the Whitlocks of the world, who are the black people who don’t like player freedom? You’d be hard pressed to find them. Why? Predominately black players finally have the power they deserve.

I 100% believe that the players should be able to get their maximum value from playing college sports.

However, college sports have traditionally been one of the best ways for young people to learn the values of hard work, perseverance, overcoming adversity, etc. I worry that we will lose that aspect of sports because of the unlimited transfer rules. I hope kids, of every color, will learn that staying put might be more beneficial in the long run.

Race matters in college sports. There’s definitely a strong correlation between the races of the folks who think college football today is doomed and those who love the freedoms that players finally have.
Imo this is racist crap you're spewing. Many of the people who feel the portal is ruining college football, feel that way for a lot of reasons; not because primarily black players are getting financial muscle.

I hate the fact that MLB allows trades 4 months into the season. If college football setup another portal for the 1st week in November, so teams could make a better run at NC, and I didn't like it, you'd say I was even more racist.

Imo this is racist crap you're spewing. Many of the people who feel the portal is ruining college football, feel that way for a lot of reasons; not because primarily black players are getting financial muscle.

I hate the fact that MLB allows trades 4 months into the season. If college football setup another portal for the 1st week in November, so teams could make a better run at NC, and I didn't like it, you'd say I was even more racist.
You need a reality check.

When did this fully turn into a black-white thing
I want all the players to get paid, I like the idea of a $20M to $30M salary cap
I also think the pathetic amount of Black Head Coaches is terrible and if there were more professionally ran "College Franchises" there would be more black coaches
Players are not in power right now, they are being bought off to stay out of unions and to allow the top programs to be as competitive as possible
Nobody is winning except the top guys pulling the strings

I'm not sure, dude. As we all know, here in the US we live in a post-racial society.
Man Reaction GIF by Ford

Back