What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Doyle is done. Ferentz deserves a reprimanded or a suspension, at least, in my mind.

Folks are going to dig hard now.

There a good, but radioactive, S/C coach out there.
Seems no matter where it is, when a coach is one place too long and has "his guys" for a long time, the culture inevitably becomes toxic.

Iowa players can now wear hoodies. Kirk getting soft. But still no cornrows, earrings and you can get called to office for too many tats. And tie your shoes, dammit.

I’m thinking differently about Kirk’s future

Good ole ASU education.

Heh. I’m sure it’s a combination of academic rigor at USC compared to ASU and a change of scenery for the kid. Maybe some better academic advising, too. Sometimes people do better in different settings. I’m glad he’s found academic success. Good for him.

At some point, there will be testing. The only decision is whether it's preventative or diagnostic.
What’s the difference? Honest question. I haven’t heard of preventive testing so I’m curious as to what that is.

I would assume preventative is testing everyone regardless of symptoms and diagnostic is testing those with symptoms (which is probably useless with super healthy 18-22 year olds).
Makes sense. I would suspect that they’d be testing everybody, every day.

I would assume preventative is testing everyone regardless of symptoms and diagnostic is testing those with symptoms (which is probably useless with super healthy 18-22 year olds).
But when your symptoms are bad enough to be admittted, they always seem to test to verify.

OMG that’s freaking hilarious.

[checks to see if “shoulder to shoulder” has any potentially racially insensitive overtones].

Yup, hilarious.
Pretty proud of CU's record here. Just a part of the story, but certainly speaks well for where CU has been on this subject back in 1969.

"The crowd was hostile towards us", Collins recollected. "People called us the N-word and spit on us. I always said, they had never seen black people playing football before because that's how they acted."

With tensions running high and the game nearing kickoff, an official from the SEC informed Crowder that only a single player would be allowed to represent CU for the coin toss. Crowder wanted to make a statement knowing his team was upset from their entrance into the stadium. He decided Collins would be the one to stand at midfield and show the Buffs wouldn't be divided. The senior captain was playing in his final college game. After celebrating with his friends earlier in the week, Collins found himself standing alone facing the entire Alabama team for the coin toss. A record crowd of over 50,000 people would watch history happen in front of their eyes.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/college-football-news.137110/page-43#post-2881216

UT football players demanding the elimination of “The Eyes of Texas” as the school song among other things. They are refusing to participate in recruiting until they get what they want.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...es-campus-school-song-more-racially-inclusive

Reasonable demands. Except for the one about more diverse statues. I'm pretty sure they're good there.
img_1473.jpg

Pretty proud of CU's record here. Just a part of the story, but certainly speaks well for where CU has been on this subject back in 1969.

"The crowd was hostile towards us", Collins recollected. "People called us the N-word and spit on us. I always said, they had never seen black people playing football before because that's how they acted."

With tensions running high and the game nearing kickoff, an official from the SEC informed Crowder that only a single player would be allowed to represent CU for the coin toss. Crowder wanted to make a statement knowing his team was upset from their entrance into the stadium. He decided Collins would be the one to stand at midfield and show the Buffs wouldn't be divided. The senior captain was playing in his final college game. After celebrating with his friends earlier in the week, Collins found himself standing alone facing the entire Alabama team for the coin toss. A record crowd of over 50,000 people would watch history happen in front of their eyes.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/college-football-news.137110/page-43#post-2881216
This is true. There was a black law student at CU in the 19th century. I would always walk past that composite and wonder about that guy's story.

So now we're going to try and control what t-shirts people can wear? I'm not a fan of Gundy or OAN, but why do some individuals believe it's just to try and ruin someone's career over a news network t-shirt?

I could google it, but I’m afraid something like that shouldn’t be in my browser history, so I’m going to ask: What’s “OAN”?

So now we're going to try and control what t-shirts people can wear? I'm not a fan of Gundy or OAN, but why do some individuals believe it's just to try and ruin someone's career over a news network t-shirt?
Gundy’s conservative views have been on full display for a while now

Basically, the message is you shouldn't be in charge of coaching POC if you hold far right, borderline racist/demonstrably racist views. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Now former players are cpming out talking about Gundy callibg them thugs and hood rats and threatening to send them "back to the hood".

Guess that mullet was never ironic.

People have lost their mind. If we have gotten to a point where simply supporting the party/candidate that someone else doesn't like or agree with is insensitive then we are dead. So now if a coach openly supports Trump that's insensitive and unacceptable? **** that. Babies need to grow up. I can't stand anything the left stands for, but I'm an adult and respect that people have differing opinions. Damn babies

Back