What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Myles Bryant - DB - Huskies
Washington junior CB Myles Bryant is mulling leaving school early to enter the NFL Draft.
Bryant (5'8/180) has been a performer for the Huskies since his freshman year, and has been the slot-corner for the Huskies for the last three years. While he doesn't have elite NFL size, he does have tremendous quickness, and he's a sure tackler who could certainly help in nickel situations. The Huskies have four-star defenders who could take Bryant's place if he does leave, but with Taylor Rapp off to the NFL already and Byron Murphy very likely leaving soon, this would be a huge loss for their depth.
Source: Seattle Times
Jan 2 - 7:44 PM

National media knows how dumb it is to have a game like this in a city where you have to pay so much to get to and stay but Larry Scott has been having the Pac-12 championship in Santa Clara since the stadium was built Lol.

They they go, trying to drag the royal game down again. More apt would be checkers, not tic-tac-toe.

National media knows how dumb it is to have a game like this in a city where you have to pay so much to get to and stay but Larry Scott has been having the Pac-12 championship in Santa Clara since the stadium was built Lol.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ionship-stadium-city-location-alabama-clemson

This happens for a couple of really stupid reasons.
The first: The waning but still disproportionate power of the Pac-12. For some reason or another, the nominal Power 5 conference gets big games on the West Coast despite winning only one Playoff game in the five years of the format, consistently racing the ACC to the bottom of the Power 5 in attendance, posting negligible television ratings in the regular season and conference championships, losing bowl games, and winning a grand total of three outright national titles in the last 50 years. (All held by USC.)
The second reason is worse: The people in charge of college football don’t really care and don’t have to pretend to care. When the time came to stage a title game for TV, they picked a nice spot for a corporate junket — we’ll go to wine country the weekend before! WINE COUNTRY! — but a terrible place for college football. They’ll have some of those patron-cooking skyboxes and shuttle service to the stadium and will blame fans for not showing up, if they have the energy to think about it at all.
They won’t have to think about how turning the National Championship into a minor league Super Bowl invites all of the sterile mediocrity of the NFL experience on purpose — by design, even. The idea, in the end, is to play a game in a biddable nowhere, accountable to neither community nor team, reminiscent of nothing and easily sold as ad space.

I don’t completely agree with the first one. It’s not the Pac 12’s fault that the fiesta and rose bowl are so well run and fans from across the country like them so much. I am also sure Vegas and LA will get their chance and will be a ton better than Santa Clara. Seriously, I know these are set in advance but how could you think a championship game is a good idea there when the pac 12 championship game is such a let down? Obviously having a west coast team would have helped but not that much.

So, not that my opinion matters much but all of the CFP events are within a block of my place. It is pretty cool and only ruined by the fact that Alabama is in the playoff. I have been watching them set this up for the past week and it is really a cool deal. It is also going to be a cluster**** to navigate the city the next few days, and i tried to get some of my wife’s Bama family out at the last minute because game tickets are super cheap but plane tickets are typical and currently about $1800 from Birmingham. If a team I cared about was playing this would be the coolest thing ever, but **** these people.

Sports
Jan 5 - 2:21 PM
Lakia Henry - LB - Volunteers
Four-star JUCO LB Lakia Henry announced Saturday that he has de-committed from Tennessee.
Henry (6'1/225), who originally planned to enroll at Tennessee this month, is considered to be one of the top junior college prospects in the country. The Vidalia, Georgia native racked up 110 tackles as a freshman, and he has the potential to make an immediate impact wherever he decides to suit up in 2019. According to David Ubben of The Athletic, Arkansas and Florida State are expected to be players in Henry's reopened recruitment.
Source: Lakia Henry
Jan 5 - 2:16 PM

Tavien Feaster - RB - Tigers
Clemson junior RB Tavien Feaster told reporters on Saturday that he's unsure if he'll return to the school for his senior season.
Feaster has three options: Return to the school and backup star tailback Travis Etienne, head for the NFL Draft, or -- and the most likely one -- transfer with his degree and play elsewhere. Feaster has performed well when given a chance, and his breakaway speed is surely something schools would look for. All three are possibilities, but don't be surprised if Feaster is feasting for another program in 2019.
Source: 247 Sports
Jan 5 - 7:30 PM

Oluwole Betiku - DL - Trojans
USC junior LB Oluwole Betiku announced that he'll transfer as a graduate.
Betiku made the announcement on his Twitter account, thanking USC and their fans and coaching staff. Considered a five-star prospect by many outlets, Betiku has battled injuries in his time with the Trojans, and really hasn't made much of a an impact on the defense in his time in Los Angeles. Because he's leaving as a graduate, he'll be eligible to play immediately.
Source: Oluwole Betiku on Twitter
Jan 7 - 9:52 PM

Matt Jones - C - Mountaineers
West Virginia redshirt junior C Matt Jones will transfer as a graduate.
There should be plenty of schools interested in Jones, as he's been the starter at center since his redshirt sophomore season and started in 25 games in that time frame. Because he's leaving with his degree, he'll be eligible to play for any team immediately.
Source: Brett McMurphy on Twitter
Jan 8 - 9:30 PM

Matt Jones - C - Mountaineers
West Virginia redshirt junior C Matt Jones will transfer as a graduate.
There should be plenty of schools interested in Jones, as he's been the starter at center since his redshirt sophomore season and started in 25 games in that time frame. Because he's leaving with his degree, he'll be eligible to play for any team immediately.
Source: Brett McMurphy on Twitter
Jan 8 - 9:30 PM

Does he follow his coach and end up at Houston?

Tate Martell - QB - Ohio State
Now listed in the transfer portal per bleacher report.

That didn't take long, I'll make a profile in the recruiting forum since I'm bored at work.

Back