What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

QUESTION: Why doesn't the BIG10 have Nebraska and Wisconsin play on November 14th instead of having them both play crossover division games against Penn State and Michigan? Crossover games seem to be less important in my mind, but I get that a Michigan game and win for Wisconsin is potentially more important.

These “emerging perspectives” should await data and evidence before adoption.

The studies and registries are underway to address the critical issues posed in the article.

Until those data are published, these opinions might be right. Or they might be wrong.

Data and evidence should drive decisions and policies, not opinions, observation and perspectives.

To do otherwise would be akin to taking a vaccine before we have safety and efficacy data.
BIG: "We are instituting a 21 day mandatory quarantine policy for anyone who tests positive for COVID. Also, if 5% of any team tests positive, their game is cancelled"

Everyone: "Wow that's significantly more strict than any other conference. Why?"

BIG: "Well because our doctors disagree with other doctors and think this is best"

Everyone: "Ok, that seems harsh and not based on anything substantial, but at least BIG football is back BABAYYYY"

[Wisconsin comes down with 5+ cases in week two causing cancellations of multiple games]

Everyone: "Why again is this the rule??"

BIG: "Ummm hold on.... NEVERMIND! Our doctors are finding that there was never really any evidence to suggest these policies were logical in the first place"

BIG: "We are instituting a 21 day mandatory quarantine policy for anyone who tests positive for COVID. Also, if 5% of any team tests positive, their game is cancelled"

Everyone: "Wow that's significantly more strict than any other conference. Why?"

BIG: "Well because our doctors disagree with other doctors and think this is best"

Everyone: "Ok, that seems harsh and not based on anything substantial, but at least BIG football is back BABAYYYY"

[Wisconsin comes down with 5+ cases in week two causing cancellations of multiple games]

Everyone: "Why again is this the rule??"

BIG: "Ummm hold on.... NEVERMIND! Our doctors are finding that there was never really any evidence to suggest these policies were logical in the first place"
Also, that myocarditis study the B1G used to initially cancel the season was pretty lame. No control group and various other studies from the past showing athletes had a greater chance of heart inflammation due to the physical stress they put on their bodies.

Also, that myocarditis study the B1G used to initially cancel the season was pretty lame. No control group and various other studies from the past showing athletes had a greater chance of heart inflammation due to the physical stress they put on their bodies.
It's always easy to second guess when it turns out the concern wasn't warranted but at the time they didn't know.

Had they ignored it and then lost one or more players to a heart issue everyone would be tearing them up for it. They don't care about the players, greed wins out again, etc.

They could have planned around it better but I can't fault them for being concerned.

This puts his status in jeopardy for the Notre Dame game.
Live look in at Brian Kelly...
giphy.gif

Poor Clemson. I guess they’ll have to suffer through their 5* backup QB taking snaps again BC this weekend
I'm interested in seeing this other guy play, I've seen some highlights. I know he has a cannon, big dude, and is raw. I didn't want to butcher his name. :D

I'm interested in seeing this other guy play, I've seen some highlights. I know he has a cannon, big dude, and is raw. I didn't want to butcher his name. :D

DJ is definitely a big guy and supposedly has a cannon for an arm. I'm sure they will run him quite a bit and also give a heavy dose of Travis Etienne tomorrow. It's also worth noting that Clemson is a little banged up on defense with their star LB Skalski out and DL Tyler Davis is questionable after missing the Syracuse game last week.

The purpose of bowl games is to bring people to the bowl city and for them to spend, spend, spend. That’s not happening this year so what’s the point?
The bigger bowls have big TV contracts but most of the lower end bowls barely break even even with normal attendance, and that is giving the teams payouts that barely cover the cost of attending (if that.) In at least some of them the payout includes game tickets that the participating team is expected to sell to generate revenues.

Even if the bowl is a place that doesn't have attendance restrictions it is hard to imagine that they would get even close to normal attendance. They just don't make financial sense to play.

Pretty much knew this was coming. If they continue to follow their original policies and protocols, the Michigan game will also be cancelled on 11/14. I have a feeling they'll make that one work. Not a great slate of games that weekend without it.

Pretty much knew this was coming. If they continue to follow their original policies and protocols, the Michigan game will also be cancelled on 11/14. I have a feeling they'll make that one work. Not a great slate of games that weekend without it.

Hopefully Purdue isn’t a bunch of whiners about not being able to play because of a covid outbreak like another team I know

The BIG just had to get 9 games in, instead of 8 with a scheduled bye. Idiotic leadership. Arguably as bad than the Pac 12 right now.
Any leadership that pisses of Fuskers is ok in my book.

Also not sure having byes would help. Missing your point on that.

Any leadership that pisses of ****ers is ok in my book.

Also not sure having byes would help. Missing your point on that.
A Bye week would at least provide some flexibility to reschedule a game, if needed. Certainly not perfect and doesn't help more than one missed game, but would have been a very logical thing to do, rather than what they've done. The Pac 12 is included in this idiocy as well, but like everything the Pac 12 does, it's actually worse. A shorter schedule AND no bye weeks or flexibility.

A Bye week would at least provide some flexibility to reschedule a game, if needed. Certainly not perfect and doesn't help more than one missed game, but would have been a very logical thing to do, rather than what they've done. The Pac 12 is included in this idiocy as well, but like everything the Pac 12 does, it's actually worse. A shorter schedule AND no bye weeks or flexibility.
I still fail to see difference between scheduling 9 and having one cancelled vs scheduling 8 and having a bye week. You still end up with 8 games, assuming the bye week works for both teams. In order for that to happen, you'd almost have to schedule the same bye week for everyone.

I still fail to see difference between scheduling 9 and having one cancelled vs scheduling 8 and having a bye week. You still end up with 8 games, assuming the bye week works for both teams. In order for that to happen, you'd almost have to schedule the same bye week for everyone.
All BIG teams with 8 games and flexibility is better than some teams playing 9 games, some with 8 games and some with 7 or 6 games played. And yes, I mentioned a uniform bye week a long time ago. Thought a full week off midseason or before CCG would provide an opportunity to reschedule games so teams in the same conference are playing a similar amount of games.

All BIG teams with 8 games and flexibility is better than some teams playing 9 games, some with 8 games and some with 7 or 6 games played. And yes, I mentioned a uniform bye week a long time ago. Thought a full week off midseason or before CCG would provide an opportunity to reschedule games so teams in the same conference are playing a similar amount of games.
I'd rather see more (Exhibition) games than get caught up in the number of games being even. And anything that screws Huskers. That's actually my first priority.

Back