What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football October 17th

Completely agree that Trevor is a transcendent talent and would be a top 10 NFL QB right now. And I would put Jones as a day 2 pick but all that aside Jones is much better than an average college QB.

Doesn't look like it tonight. Stetson Bennett looks like the better of the two through a half.

These ND/UNC results right now don't really matter much because the only way the ACC gets 2 teams in is if a 1-loss team upsets an undefeated Clemson in the CCG. Then a 1-loss champion with a win over Clemson gets in plus Clemson would still get in having built up enough equity to withstand a loss in the CCG. Obviously 2 losses by ND or UNC would eliminate either one.

Here's the scenario I see-Clemson wins out. Notre Dame and Miami both finish 9-1 with losses to Clemson. Clemson wins the ACC CG. Whoever loses the Notre Dame/Miami tiebreaker in the ACC would have have a very compelling case for a CFP bid this year-especially with the Pac 12 needing a champion to finish 7-0.

Here's the scenario I see-Clemson wins out. Notre Dame and Miami both finish 9-1 with losses to Clemson. Clemson wins the ACC CG. Whoever loses the Notre Dame/Miami tiebreaker in the ACC would have have a very compelling case for a CFP bid this year-especially with the Pac 12 needing a champion to finish 7-0.

That's reasonable. And I think a 10-1 ACC non-champ gets in over a 7-0 Pac 12 champ. Of course that's variable, for example if Oregon or Southern Cal wins every game by an average of 20 points then they likely get the nod.

Bottom line is I think this is the pecking for the CFP:
An undefeated or 1-loss ACC champ - definitely in
An undefeated or 1-loss SEC team - definitely in
An undefeated B1G team - definitely in
An undefeated Ok State - definitely in

Beyond that, in order:
A 1-loss SEC non-champ
A 1-loss ACC non-champ
A 1-loss B1G non-champ
An undefeated Pac12 champ
And where does an undefeated Cincinnati land???
There's also the possibility of an undefeated BYU or SMU but they are longshots

That's reasonable. And I think a 10-1 ACC non-champ gets in over a 7-0 Pac 12 champ. Of course that's variable, for example if Oregon or Southern Cal wins every game by an average of 20 points then they likely get the nod.

Bottom line is I think this is the pecking for the CFP:
An undefeated or 1-loss ACC champ - definitely in
An undefeated or 1-loss SEC team - definitely in
An undefeated B1G team - definitely in
An undefeated Ok State - definitely in

Beyond that, in order:
A 1-loss SEC non-champ
A 1-loss ACC non-champ
A 1-loss B1G non-champ
An undefeated Pac12 champ
And where does an undefeated Cincinnati land???
There's also the possibility of an undefeated BYU or SMU but they are longshots

Forgot to include a few assumptions I was basing that off of-

1) Clemson finishes undefeated and wins the ACC
2) Alabama or Georgia goes undefeated and takes the SEC crown.
3) The Big 10 has an undefeated champion (I'm assuming Ohio State).
4) Oklahoma State loses a game.

Still don't know how the committee will handle non division winners (like Penn State, Minnesota, or Michigan could be).

Let's see - CB falls down and gives Bama a 91 yard TD. Ball gets tipped and Bama gets a pick deep in their own territory. Bull**** PI call bails out Bama on 4th & 9 and gives them the ball on the 2.

Did Saban sacrifice a chicken at halftime?

I guess it was too much to ask that it be a game to the end.

Georgia just never seems like a team that can handle adversity well.

Back