What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Colorado High School News: Ed McCaffrey to become HC at Valor

I don't know; actions speak louder than words and none of the McCaffrey kids seriously considered CU. why would he advise his players any differently?
Maybe he’s a liar, but Steady Eddie sang the praises of CU and Coach Mac when Dillon was being recruited. It sounded like they did seriously consider the Buffs. But he said that on the radio to a Denver audience. So he certainly could’ve been lying. He did sound very sincere though.

Why should his kids seriously consider CU?
I'm not saying they should have, but my point is that he's now in a position of influence over a program that produces some of the best prospects in Colorado and that is a bad thing for CU- I was disagreeing with Nik that this is benign.

I'm not saying they should have, but my point is that he's now in a position of influence over a program that produces some of the best prospects in Colorado and that is a bad thing for CU- I was disagreeing with Nik that this is benign.
D3338BC7-2F16-42B8-93F4-78A0CE5BDD88.jpeg

Valor is a nice program and all but we’re still the only P5 school in the state and one of a few in the states that border us. For many of their players, CU may be their only P5 offer or their best shot to play. Nothing that McCaffrey says will overcome this reality for many Valor players.

I thought Ed was moving to California to start a developmental football league with Shanahan? Guess not.

I have a hard time hating on people I don't have much real info on. I'm not a fan of Valor, Mullen, and others recruiting kids away from their home schools, but I get it. Are there states where parochial and private schools live by a vastly different set of standards that don't allow recruiting?

This revelation makes me sad. I mean, he’s the “Good Feet” guy. He has his own mustard. How could he possibly be assholeish.
He has bad feet and mustard breath. I struggle to think you can't relate. No offense.

I have a hard time hating on people I don't have much real info on. I'm not a fan of Valor, Mullen, and others recruiting kids away from their home schools, but I get it. Are there states where parochial and private schools live by a vastly different set of standards that don't allow recruiting?

He has bad feet and mustard breath. I struggle to think you can't relate. No offense.
I'll bet that you weren't aware that Pomona, Cherry Creek and Fairview recruit as much if not more than those schools.

This is a really strange one. He has been so brand conscious and now to step out of the marketing of self into the non stop politics of high school football is such a change of dynamic. It's a whole lot different stewarding your kid than managing a team. I admire him for giving back in this way and hope he kicks ass. for a guy who could retire comfortably to put himself into the non stop diatribe of second guessing and manipulative parents says and takes a lot.

This is a really strange one. He has been so brand conscious and now to step out of the marketing of self into the non stop politics of high school football is such a change of dynamic. It's a whole lot different stewarding your kid than managing a team. I admire him for giving back in this way and hope he kicks ass. for a guy who could retire comfortably to put himself into the non stop diatribe of second guessing and manipulative parents says and takes a lot.
He has no worries, he was the manipulative parent.

Maybe he’s a liar, but Steady Eddie sang the praises of CU and Coach Mac when Dillon was being recruited. It sounded like they did seriously consider the Buffs. But he said that on the radio to a Denver audience. So he certainly could’ve been lying. He did sound very sincere though.
The dude sells mustard...of course he sounded sincere. Eddie Mac will be at Valor until his last son runs out of eligibility.

h834Oon.gif

I'll bet that you weren't aware that Pomona, Cherry Creek and Fairview recruit as much if not more than those schools.
That's old news, but if memory serves, they often bend or break rules to do get it done. At least in the past, if you didn't move, you needed to have a good reason for switching from one public school to another. If that rule hasn't changed in the last few years, what some public schools do is a different subject: cheating.

Private schools skirt that rule, no? Seems a little like state sanctioned cheating, which is why I asked if other states have stricter controls on these issues. I know plenty don't.

That's old news, but if memory serves, they often bend or break rules to do get it done. At least in the past, if you didn't move, you needed to have a good reason for switching from one public school to another. If that rule hasn't changed in the last few years, what some public schools do is a different subject: cheating.

Private schools skirt that rule, no? Seems a little like state sanctioned cheating, which is why I asked if other states have stricter controls on these issues. I know plenty don't.
No, you don't have to live within a school's footprint, or even the same school district any more. Close to half of Fairview's starters live in Lafayette, Louisville, Erie & Broomfield. Most of Pomona's line lives in Commerce City or Denver. I don't know the specifics about Creek, but 10 - 12 players followed Logan when he was fired from Mullen. There are actually parent committees that full on recruit for these public schools. Not to mention the influence of club sports coaches.

No, you don't have to live within a school's footprint, or even the same school district any more. Close to half of Fairview's starters live in Lafayette, Louisville, Erie & Broomfield. Most of Pomona's line lives in Commerce City or Denver. I don't know the specifics about Creek, but 10 - 12 players followed Logan when he was fired from Mullen. There are actually parent committees that full on recruit for these public schools. Not to mention the influence of club sports coaches.
Neither Max Borghi or Jake Moretti were "supposed" to go to Pomona (I'm sure you're aware).

Anyone care to offer their opinion why this is a good or bad thing?
I don't know if it's necessarily good or bad, it just is...

So, in Arvada, there's an issue because the population boom is out West in the Ralston Valley district. Because of that, RV is already over capacity, so they literally can't accept any Open Enrollment kids (and is actually having a hard time accepting every kid "in district"). Pomona, otoh, is way under capacity, so they can go out and convince any kid that will listen to open enroll there. As a Freshman, Borghi showed up to the first week of Summer football camp at RV and then was convinced to go to Pomona. Bad for RV, but obviously amazing for Pomona.

That's an example of "just the way things are" in public school Arvada, and it's just a constant battle between RV and Pomona on getting/keeping the best kids. The bigger issue is between public and private schools where they play by different rules. Mullen, Valor and Regis don't have districts, so there are no rules for who can go to those schools.

Loveland is the biggest beneficiary of this type of thing lately. How TV, Mountain View, and Res Christian don't go postal, I'l never know.

Brandon Stokley is being hired to coach Valors WRs. Next move for them is probably getting TD to coach RBs, Jake Plummer to Coach QBs, Big Al to coach DL and Champ Bailey to coach the Secondary.

Brandon Stokley is being hired to coach Valors WRs. Next move for them is probably getting TD to coach RBs, Jake Plummer to Coach QBs, Big Al to coach DL and Champ Bailey to coach the Secondary.
Stokley's kids are closing in on High School age, I suppose all those guys are due to have high school aged kids too though.

Back