What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UCLA - October 28, 2023 - 5.30pm MT, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kids would have come back with a waaaayyy funnier response.
Example:
Tonight
CUAviatrix: “I’m really worried about granny. She’s not doing good. I talked to her today and she’s down to 100 pounds.”

Me: “Oh man, I’m sorry.”

CUAviatrix: “She got some bloodwork done today that need to look over (as a nurse). I’m really worried about the “C” word”

16 yr old son (without 1 microsecond hesitation): “Chlamydia?”

CUAviatrix: “Nooo! What’s wrong with you?”

Son: “What else would it be?”

CUAviatrix: “Cancer!”

Son: “Hmm. Yeah, I guess. But getting that doesn’t have as cool a story.”

Last edited:
the level of coddling, gate keeping, and guarantees of soft landings are infinitely more pervasive now. free range kids do not exist in material numbers. yes, the boomer gen paved the way for all this, but the tools of control are at a whole new level now.

personally i think these generational debates are mostly stupid and counterproductive. there are no real clear lines on what a generation is or even conclusive ways to establish a gen's alleged identity and mannerisms. everyone owns their own ****.

tech and social media have been far more destructive of what used to be considered social norms than blaming it on grandparents, or parents, or whatever.

everyone owns their own ****.
Actually there is some interesting books on the topic

I highly recommend

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/gener...584-to-2069_neil-howe_william-strauss/250414/

Example:
Tonight
CUAviatrix: “I’m really worried about granny. She’s not doing good. I talked to her today and she’s down to 100 pounds.”

CUAviatrix: “She got some bloodwork done today that need to look over (as a nurse). I’m really worried about the “C” word”

Son: “Hmm. Yeah, I guess. But getting that does have as cool a story.”

Narrator: it was then that CUAviator found out that his son had been lurking Allbuffs from an early age.

I don’t get why they can’t park in the parking garage under the IPF during the week. For games sure, I get you need to reserve those for donors, paying people but what about M-F?

Which fewer students are taking advantage of since Lime came to town.

And students get an ecopass too.

Parking sucks and students figure it out.
I parked on the hill for free when I was a student. When did they move to the permit plan on public streets?

1.What a terrible idea to park like that and continue to rack up tickets
2.I’m quite sure players get a parking pass but it’s only usable in select lots at certain times
3.He could have bought a regular pass like every other student for like $100 a semester

I parked on the hill for free when I was a student. When did they move to the permit plan on public streets?
It's been that way since I've lived here. Two hour parking on the Hill without a resident pass. West of 9th, no pass is required and some students take advantage of that. I walk back from the CU Rec Center at 7:10 most mornings, and the vehicles are already circling for spots.

Example:
Tonight

Son: “Hmm. Yeah, I guess. But getting that doesn’t have as cool a story.”
I never knew that calls of “faster, funnier!” worked for conception the way they work for Navy public speaking.

Which fewer students are taking advantage of since Lime came to town.

And students get an ecopass too.

Parking sucks and students figure it out.
Those are the free bikes. 300,000 free rentals last month. I have sources. Or it's b cycle. Whatever they are everywhere

The problem with a system of flat rate fines is that people of means don't view them as deterrents... It's just "what it costs to park where I want"

Rick George needs to get parking passes.
Sure, they can get parking passes.

The guys can also take some personal responsibility and park like everyone else or use transport in the meantime. They’re adults, they can figure out how to park. Same goes for Bucky/prime/co. It’s not that hard. If you can’t figure out parking rules and workarounds, life will be tough after you leave

I worked at the AD for 4 years during school a couple years ago and somehow got 0 parking tickets

Last edited:
Laugh Lol GIF by Noise Nest Network

the parking storm troopers used to leave the players' cars alone for the most part. this was quite a long time ago but i was a repeat parking offender and i asked one of the meter maids why he was ticketing me and not the star athlete next to me and he just rolled his eyes. it was 4 bucks a ticket back in the day. but it saved a walk from the other side of campus where i was "permitted" to park.

FREE CU FOOTBALL from this parking tyranny.

Fx Networks Indian GIF by Reservation Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back