What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v UConn - NCAA Tourney - Official Thread - Thursday 11.30am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am very interested in how both teams perform today. Both have had inconsistencies but shown periods of excellent play. I can only take the word of UConn fans about their young talent, but UConn has a history of talent that makes this reasonable. Apart from my extreme preference that CU win, team/player performance and game flow will be fascinating. At least for CU and UConn fans, if nobody else. As I see it, anything could happen.

Nobody on the UConn side thinks this is going to be an easy game. Anything can happen. It is hard to tell from UConn's resume, but it had significant leads late in the game on 3-4 occasions, and managed to blow those games. We also played 11 games without Brimah at center. Since we've fixed the end of game issues and Brimah is finally healthy (even when he returned he barely played) we tend to mentally add about 4 wins and subtract 4 losses from our record. If you looked at the record and saw wins against Syracuse, Gonzaga, Temple, and Cincinnati, in place of the games we lost by a combined 9 points, how would that alter your perception? All four are in the tournament.

If UConn ends up scoring more points, I'm very confident we'll win.

Better get at least 60 then. I have a good feeling we might just get there today. Seriously, I expect a very ugly game today and the 60ish points might just be enough.

Nobody on the UConn side thinks this is going to be an easy game. Anything can happen. It is hard to tell from UConn's resume, but it had significant leads late in the game on 3-4 occasions, and managed to blow those games. We also played 11 games without Brimah at center. Since we've fixed the end of game issues and Brimah is finally healthy (even when he returned he barely played) we tend to mentally add about 4 wins and subtract 4 losses from our record. If you looked at the record and saw wins against Syracuse, Gonzaga, Temple, and Cincinnati, in place of the games we lost by a combined 9 points, how would that alter your perception? All four are in the tournament.

Meh CU has the same complaints. Gave up late leads against Utah twice, USC, SMU, ISU...

Excellent, can I assume your deductive reasoning skills were honed at the U of Connecticut?

Math major.

I wanted to break it down because I know you guys don't have much experience with this whole winning NCAA games thing.

(yeah, it's getting close to game time)

Huge opportunity here. It's time to take the step from just making the tournament to winning some games. Only done so in '97 and '12 since the tournament expanded
Really, I know some good things have happened this year, but this game is essential to seeing a forward progression rather than stagnation (though granted stagnant in a decent place).

Math major.

I wanted to break it down because I know you guys don't have much experience with this whole winning NCAA games thing.

(yeah, it's getting close to game time)

muhJDlf.gif

Can we kick Arizona out of the Pac and invite these UConn guys. I like them, and they've actually won a national title this century.

UCONN, who was that really fat point guard y'all had in early 00s? He was good.

Also, I invited a UCONN buddy who lives in Denver to come to Blake Strret Tavern and watch the game with a CU watch party, but it appears he's going to decline. I hope all of you aren't as pussy as him.

The board has a really stupid superstition tradition of "hanging" one member, which involves "punishing" him with some kind of thing he's supposed to do to help the "mojo."

That's part of this year's.

A turkey sausage sandwich with grilled onions and peppers sounds fine. Smothered in an obscene amount of ketchup? You guys are weird.

A turkey sausage sandwich with grilled onions and peppers sounds fine. Smothered in an obscene amount of ketchup? You guys are weird.

The guy who was "hung" this year hates both turkey and ketchup...so he has to each sandwiches containing both. I was hung a few years back...didn't bring the mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back